main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Could Have Been Me" THIS IS IT! FINAL CHAPTER-FUTURE ALWAYS IN MOTION IT IS. LET'S HOPE SO!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Padawan Chun I will pretend very hard that I did not here that remark. Now if you are dressed let?s get out of here.?

?But Master what about the pith, the very feral and dangerous pith stalking the night, waiting for something to eat. We could wind up as their meal according to the Senator.?

?Nothing that has come from his mouth has been truth yet. Why do you put so much in store by what he said about the pith? We are not at all positive they there are even indigenous to this area. Maybe that was a scare tactic for us. Call it an extra incentive to keep us here.?

?He should have more sense than to try to scare a Jedi, shouldn?t he, Master Jinn??

Bruck wanted Qui-Gon to keep his conversation and thoughts on the Pith and not about the slip of the tongue with his angry remarks directed at Kenobi. Another reason for talking about the Pith was his true concern or fear of them. He had no desire to go out, though he doubted he could change the master?s mind.

Qui-Gon turned, with the boy, Obi still draped over his shoulders and squared off with Bruck, eye to eye.

?You don?t think he would try to scare a Jedi??

?Well of course not Master. He knows how brave *we* are.?

?Oh and is it not you that are fearful to go out and face the Pith creature??

Master Jinn shook in head and Bruck wasn?t sure if it was in disgust or amazement at Bruck being caught up in his own words. Master Jinn could feel Bruck Chun?s fear over their thread of a training bond which grew weaker and weaker, though Jinn refused to admit it.

Bruck finally relented to Master Jinn?s words and did as he was told. He did not like the idea that his Master thought him a coward, although deep down and only to himself would he admit he was. .

Can?t expect me not to be afraid of a wild animal.

There was a part of him that hoped they would be caught. Caught as in Obi-Wan would have to be returned to Palpatine and he and Jinn would return to the temple without him. He did not mean *caught* as in trouble for what they did. His concern did not lay with his master being harmed. Of course he didn?t want harmed, but as for his master his concern, did not lie with whether he would be harmed or not. He needed Qui-Gon.

Bruck needed him to teach everything about the force and its powers to his padawan.. Then he would decide later what he wanted to do with them. He most definitely knew it was not his desire to stay in the Jedi order.

I might become a Knight just so I can learn more . Being a knight will not make me as rich as Palpatine. I wonder how he does it? Surely being a Senator is not the only way he makes a living.

Qui-Gon had to put Obi-Wan back in a deep sleep when he awoke, tried to squirm out of Jinn?s arms, and yell for help. Both were stopped instantaneously with a force hold followed up with a force gag that invisibly halted any noise that might come from Obi-Wan?s mouth, except for a moan or a whimper. Jinn could feel the anger pulsate through Obi-Wan with each heartbeat until thankfully the boy subsided into the mind suggestion of another nap needed.

Once outside and finally in the forest they headed toward the city. Darkness thickened with each step they took deeper into the forest.

?Master couldn't we have found a way to return to the city without going through the forest. Neither of the two moons normally visible are out tonight.?

Jinn looked over at his padawan.

?The twin moons are *out* as you call it. They are just not on the right side of the planet for us to see them, that?s all. They always are together, as it should be and it?s no different this night.?

It was a good thing the darkness hid Bruck?s crunched up facial features at Jinn?s remark.

He must think he is so philosophical and just wise beyond my understanding!!!.

As he walked, Bruck waited for the rest of Jinn?s explanation of why they could not travel on a man-made path just on the other side of the forest.

?You see Padawan Chun, if we find another way back to the city, say, the path

2. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    WHAT THE HE...Heck did Jinn expect? A thank you?

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I guess he at least expected help from his apprentice

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Is there a vineyard nearby?, cause Bruck sure is a whiner, and afraid of his own shadow. Remember Bruck your a Padawan, apprenticed to the legendary Qui-gon Jinn act like it! 7

5. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I long since stopped being surprised when Bruck acted like a jerk!

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The noise heard earlier followed them as the Jedi and their now-captive Obi-Wan continued their trek through the dark in the forest that would not give way to them easily. The crackling and crunching of twigs and leaves under the weight of something hounded them. Master Jinn with his saber drawn hacked at the thick underbrush, but remained aware of his surroundings, just as a precaution. He knew he might need the glowing green saber for protection at any moment. The thing that followed them had increased Jinn?s worry for their safety.

Master Jinn led his little group followed by Obi and both lastly and reluctantly, Bruck Chun, cowardly padawan master Qui-Gon Jinn, rounded up the group as he took his position at the flank., cowardly pad wan to Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Anger still oozed from Obi-Wan, however he was concerned about the predator that continued to makes their journey the same at its. . It was no accident. Something just to the left and several feet back made sure it stayed within hearing distance of the three. Animal or human, Obi-Wan got the distinct feeling it was a foe to be reckoned with on its time and where it chose to make *its* attack.,?Something ominous and most certainly a threat stalked them through the night. Their journey, made to seem longer with the anticipation of a possible lunge at any moment from out of thick brambleberry bushes, where it made it?s predatory stand..

Obi-Wan was not afraid as Bruck was. He did wonder if possibly it was his master. If so this would be a perfect time maybe to make his escape?*AGAIN*?. When Sidious used what ever to make him think as he did, cobwebs must have formed in Obi?s mind. The more he thought on it, the more he convinced himself it *WAS* his master who stalked them, but was hesitant to attack the Jedi for fear of the outcome. It was a foe, but not to him personally, but to the Jedi.

Maybe he is worried that Master Jinn will harm e unless he waits for just the right time to make his charge on them. That?s it!!!! I can help him and his men if I make a run toward the noise I hear in the bushes. I will be closer to my master and Master Jinn and his *bumbling* padawan will be unable to reach me.

He new his best bet would be to get through Bruck and then towards the sound. Bruck was behind him and Jinn would have to come back the several feet to reach him. It might enough time with the distance between them for his escape to be a successful this time. Something powerful pushed him to decide to try. He was driven by a powerful force to find his master Palpatine. He had no wish to return to the Jedi temple.

Why, so I can be shoved aside again? Forced back into slavery where I have no say so over who my master will be. No I must stay with Master Palpatine, Master Sidious. Oh how can I be so confused. Why two names? I keep two names in my memory as his .Surely they both aren?t his. He answered to Master Jinn as Palpatine but ordered me to call him Sidious. Oh I am confused. Maybe that medicine he keeps giving me will help clear my mind once I am back and receive more of it..

Obi-Wan waited for a few minutes until he thought the time was just right. As he did he thought about his master?s warning t the Jedi about the Pith. He, like the others had never seen one, didn?t know its siz,e and except for what Master Sidious told the Jedi, did not know for sure how likely they would be to attack if behind the bushes and trees was not his master but in truth a pith or several of them waiting for a late night snack.

He reasoned he would rather face the pith or more of them than go back to the temple with the Jedi. What ever Master Sidious had done to the child?s mind he created fear, hate, and mistrust in Obi-Wan for all Jedi. Especially this master who had kidnapped him, Qui-Gon Jinn.

Without a warning and his attention on the bushes he cut to make a path, the Jedi master was totally caught unaware of the boy?s actions. Obi-Wan bolted in a dead run, straight for the noise, straight for where Jinn feared he would

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  8. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    "GULP" [face_plain] 7

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  10. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Obi, Obi... Wild animals do not make good playmates!

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Two options. That?s the way Obi-Wan saw it. He had the choice of facing the most horrible looking animals he?d ever come up against in his young life, a pair of them baring their teeth in wait of a snack, or of course he could go with the two Jedi, where memories of misery and hurt was the only thing in Obi?s mind when he looked back to see Master Jinn and Bruck as they quickly descended on him from the rear. Not so much Bruck . Obi couldn?t help but notice the boy lingered a few steps backwards, as Jinn made his way bravely forward.

The master yelled his concern to Obi. The only problem was, the boy did not believe it was true concern for him. He thought the warning was a lie to retrieve what Jinn mistakenly let get away, himself. A pride thing thought Obi, nothing more. Certainly not worry for his well being..

?Obi-Wan, walk back without turning to me. Everything will be fine. I have my saber drawn just in case.?

Obi?s mind, a victim to a psychotic drug, did not allow him to reason whether the saber drawn was for him or in defense against the ?Pith?. That was how truly confused he was.

Obi-Wan turned to head toward the pith and heard a series of plea filled words bounce through his mind from Master Jinn. Terror gripped his voice and Obi-Wan heard it but ignored the fear the Jedi master was emitting both verbally and subconsciously. Yes Obi-Wan could hear the words but most importantly *feel* the master?s true concern. His fogged mind just couldn?t understand what it meant..

Obi, please don?t, you?ll be killed.

Jinn?s voice escalated from a louder shrill terror filled plea to an all out terrorizing scream. He had to scream in order to be heard. The pith had their own communication between each other and they grew louder and louder as Obi-Wan advance toward them, toward his own death.

Obi heard the words, only barely, as he raced toward the animals. He hoped to side- step them or climb a tree and get over them . It was just not meant to be. Qui-Gon increased his speed when he heard the blood curdling screams of the boy. The child that was denied his rightful place by the master?s side, had just intentionally stepped into a proverbial lion?s den for fear of that same Jedi master, Qui-Gon Jinn.

Two more steps and he was close enough to see the damage already done to the child. One animal pulled at his right leg. It already had bitten a deep gory hole in Obi?s leg. The other had his left arm. Each pulled in opposite an direction.

The ear damaging screams of both the boy and the animals pierced the night air and made everything happening seem even worse. What alarmed the master most was when the agonized wails of Obi-Wan Kenobi ceased. Silence through the night meant the boy was unconscious or worse, dead. Qui-Gon did not even think to feel through the force for Obi-Wan?s force signature. He had yet to discover like Obi-Wan had, that they did share a mental connection. Obi-Wan however, did not understand it because of his mental confusion. Master Jinn ignited his saber and advanced in a charged run toward the biggest beast; the one who already feasted on what WAS Obi-Wan Kenobi?s leg????????

Master Jinn opposed any killing, even lower beings but when he struck the beast that had done the most damage to Obi-Wan?s little body, he struck with the intent to render it incapable of doing harm to another living thing.

Bruck watched as the head of the animal, no beast for that is what it was, roll off in the dark. The other Pith creature decided to forego his meal and escape while he had the chance. He smelled the death of his mate as the odor of spilled blood permeated the night air not only from the attacker but the attacked.. He left in a dead run back to the bushes from where he came to seek shelter and wait for a less powerful adversary to fight with.

Qui-Gon had no time to check to make sure the live Pith did truly retreat and leave. He was on his knees as he tried to stop the blood that came at such a fast rate of speed from Ob

12. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Well it's about time! Chew on that for a while, Bruck!

13. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    First I said Obi you dummy!!! Then ahhhhh!!!and oh noooo, your walking the wrong way. Ewww, yuck Obi horsd'oeuvre. Then, will Qui stop all that blood is Obi's leg still intact, and too bad that lousy forest does'nt have a bacta lake. ewen post soon. 7

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes, 7 Obi does need a bacta lake to recover.

I am sorry but you will have to wait to find out how he doing until Monday.

Until then I will personally watch over him and Qui-Gon for you, [in my dreams]
    Oh I forgot, I won't have time to dream. I have to work two shifts this weekend, one at each job.

That is why I am letting you know not to expect a post until Monday. I might get one in on one story before then though!!

Thanx for the feedback and just because you know I won't be posting for a couple of days don't let that stop you guys from upping for me a couple of times.

PEACE ewen

15. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Okay! UP!

16. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Very nicely done.

Top!!

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    When Qui-Gon did make his way back to the temple, it was by way of the local healers in the city where Palpatine lived. The boy was patched up there the best he could be and sent to the temple.

Master Yoda did not have to be told all that happened. Being the former master of Qui-Gon allowed him to feel when a second bond inserted itself in Master Jinn?s mind. However perplexed he was he saved his condemnation of it until Jinn got some rest and made sure Obi-Wan would recover fully.

Master Yoda ventured out of his office on the third day to make a visit with his former padawan; one he was not uncomfortable making. It would be the first time ever his rebuke to Jinn would be real and for a most important reason. A master could not have a bond with two apprentices. Unheard of an not allowed in the Jedi order .Qui-Gon would have to make a choice or they would allow the padawans too. However it would be handled, it would not be pleasant and Qui-Gon would most certainly be censored for his actions.

Even though Master Yoda felt sympathy for the reason Jinn allowed the new training bond with Obi-Wan to form as it was necessary to keep the young man alive and, but the trouble brought to the Jedi master might even outweigh saving the life of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Not in Yoda?s eyes or Qui-Gon?s, but in the eyes of the council who deemed it vain and to accept two apprentices at one time.

outside one of the many bacta chambers############

This was the fourth time today Master Jinn just happened to be by the healer?s ward. That was what he told Healer Marco, in charge of Obi-Wan?s care.

Healer Marco tapped the master?s shoulder and gave him a sympathetic look.

?I have assured you he is coming along nicely. We have not been able to identify the drug in his system nor have we been able to flush the important body organs like the liver, spleen, and kidneys, organs that keep it pumping through him. It seems to stick like peanut butter to ones insides and just keeps multiplying its power. Don?t worry however, we will keep looking of a way to dispel it from his system and when he does wake up, I think if necessary we have medicine that will help with his psychotic thoughts.?

Jinn certainly hpeds so. The psychotic thoughts centered on him being his enemy. He had not bothered to tell the Master healer he and Bruck had resorted to tying the child up to get him here.

He had just come in from outside and to try to cool off in the healers ward, Qui-Gon let his hood fall back as he gently rubbed his forehead.

Oh Bruck! what am I to do with you? I have created a quagmire haven?t I? Two apprentices at one time. The council certainly isn?t happy with that. What I did was not intentional or in any way vain or reckless. It was necessary. Necessary to keep the child alive. Yoda said himself that Obi-Wan should have been my rightful apprentice. Why is he so upset now? Of course I know why. . I went about this entire situation the wrong way. Now I have two training bonds in my mind and both there are aware of the other. Well in Obi?s case, he will know when he awakens.

He came out of his own thoughts to find Master Yoda beside him looking through the thick gals at the young one two lay in the healing bacta. In less than four hours he would be awakened and taken out of the bacta, what then?

A sympathetic look formed on Master Yoda?s face for his former pupil, yet still beloved padawan to him.

?Mess you created. Council not pleased. At first pleased myself pleased I was not . While I still am not pleased understand why you did it. Now to the council later to day to explain. On thing certain my pad wan, one training bond remain only it can. Who to decide this I am as perplexed as the council is for an answer. Maybe Kenobi desire in him no longer to be a Jedi.?

?Oh its there. I felt it when we were at Xani?s home and then in Palpatine?s, even when he tried to make an escape from me and would have killed me if he had the chance. The wanton desire that pushes all Jedi ,you, me, and all here t

18. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Now that I think of it, it would be amusing to see a master with two apprentices. **grins** I know it probbly doesn't work that way, but it is still a funny thought. Especially since it's Obi and Bruck!

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    And we thought Jinn was in for a rough time before?

20. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm back from vacation and starting to catch up.

Sending a special note to quigon: DUH, You kidnapped him from his master, so he's going to want to go back to him like hell!! And on top of that obi hates you and bruck.

quigon never seems to figure out whats going on until the last three words.

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes, I plan to post on this story as well. Tomorrow afternoon.

Now that benkenobi1 is back, I can tell, I am going to have to watch my P's and Q's. [lol]

PEACE ewen

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan got more and more upset the longer the Jedi master lingered by his bedside. Jinn left with a feeling of guilt instead of the feeling he had rescued someone from the dark side. Obi?s mind still did not accept the truth. What ever drug was used on him it was thorough and long lasting, maybe as long as the child existed. The healers had given him no indication they were even close to flushing out what was given and what could be done if anything to counteract.

Master Jinn was a patient man *normally* or he did try to be, but when he spoke to the healers about Obi-Wan his words were quick, sharp, maybe even a little accusatory toward them for not finding an antidote sooner.

Qui-Gon sought Master Windu for his opinion. He knew what Master Yoda would say or thought he did.

?Tell you what Qui. I think you will have to keep the child. I mean you did kidnap him from Paplatine and Fini has managed to get you out of that mess. If you got him, you must except responsibility for him, too sponsor him do you not? I don?t see how you can do any less.?

?Well yes..but you see. You see??

?I know you all too well my friend, you acted without thinking of *all* the consequences didn?t you? Now you have to consider them. You have two training bonds and one apprentice. Obi-Wan won?t be of a concern to you if he doesn?t recover all his mental faculties and cognitive skills. However, if he does you are in what is that saying Master Yaddle likes to say? Oh yes you, Master Jinn will be in a ?pickle.?

?Knock it off Mace. This is not a time to joke.?

I know Qui. I only joke to take the edge off of things. Maybe I shouldn?t tell you this, though I am sure Master Yoda will, so I will beat him to it. The council is upset with your actions. If you don?t sponsor the boy there will be severe repercussions for it. Another thing the council does not take lightly is a master who presumes the right to take two apprentices.?

Mace threw up his hand and shook his head.

?Alright you don?t have two apprentices. Although how you can differentiate it, I don?t understand. You have two training bonds and in the council?s eyes that amounts to two apprentices. Can we say knee deep in Bantha poodoo you are??

?You have been around Yoda so much you are beginning to sound like him.?

"Well if you want my advice, take the boy home and sponsor him. Tell the council why you are now saddled with two bonds, not apprentices; to keep Kenobi alive and then hope there is a master that will be willing to take him. I don?t see how you will be able to crawl out of the pickle jar, if you don?t listen to me.?

?Thanks Mace. You have been SOOOO very unhelpful?

?Maybe I wasn?t much help now, but you know you have my support when you go before the council masters."

Now the conversation turned serious. Mace knew Qui-Gon could be in a great deal of trouble for allowing two training bonds to form simultaneously.

Qui-Gon turned once again to face one of his most loyal and faithful friends. He affectionately squeezed his forearm.

?How well I know and appreciate that Mace. I guess I will go see if Obi-Wan is ready to be released from the healers' ward. I just hope I am not murdered by him in the middle of the night.?

A dark look passed over Master Windu?s face.

?You truly don?t think he is *that* dangerous, do you? I know you said he is not happy about being physically removed from his thought of master, Palpatine, but I thought the seriousness of it was in jest. He is safe mentally to be released??

?I am sure he is. How much damage can a young one do. I will keep him by my side for awhile until I test the waters with him. If I see he could be of danger, I will notify you or Master Yoda. Then will time enough to do something about it. I hate to toss him out of a place to live which I myself promised him, even though right now the last place he wants to be is anywhere near me.?

When Jinn reached the healers' ward he was greeted with the most sith-awful cross look one could give another living being. Obi-W

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    maybe he needs to be given rewards for civil behavior. Such as be nice or no dinner (I can't decide yet if I'm talking about Obi, Bruck or both)

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was the first time in many days Master Jinn was thankful for the intrusion Obi created, ever how flimsy it was.

That broke the almost argument up and Jinn preceded to get Obi-Wan comfortable . Comfortable was just another word for tolerable. The boy would not allow himself to be comfortable around Master Jinn. No he was determined to put a wrench into anything Master Jinn tried to do. Also nagging him was the bond he all to well knew about.

In his weak state Obi found it difficult to keep his shields up. He did not trust Master Jinn to keep from searching through his mind and finding all his most personal thoughts. There were some, especially where Xanatos was concerned, which were deeply personal and forever cherished. Ever how he felt about Master Jinn and the Jedi, any Jedi, it was and would never be extended to Xani, a former Jedi with equally as loyal and righteous qualities. He kept the utmost respect for him still in his mind and his heart. Even Master Sidious could not uproot that respect and hero status Obi-Wan had for Xanatos .

Jinn would learn, but later, the hard way that was the way to get through to the stubbornness and confusion brought on by the medicine; Obi?s undying loyalty to Xanatos Crion. Now however, he would have to dredge through his confusion, animosity, and possibly all-out hatred Obi-Wan had for the Jedi, himself in particular..

Bruck stumped away like a small child in the midst of a temper tantrum. Jinn saw the smirk on Obi-Wan?s face and thought seriously of bringing up the matter of the two not fighting and that respect should be held by both for the other. He knew it would be useless to speak to either boy about respect and civility.

Right now I think they both need a refresher course on civility and a trip to the dictionary to look it up for future reference. They will need it in the future, we all will.. Though I doubt that it will used much in this apartment.

Days passed until it had been two weeks since Obi-Wan arrived at the temple. Out of the cast and in classes, Obi already received so many reprimands and detentions from his instructors, he had acquired a reputation and not a good one. Bruck was the normal sulking Bruck.

Every time Jinn tried to open the bond with Bruck, Obi-Wan?s scathing presence interjected itself in both he and Bruck?s mind. Obi's force signature connected violently Jinn and Bruck through the bond and produced a searing pain. Jinn deduced it was from the immense anger Obi-Wan mentally carried for the two of them.

One time it was so bad, Bruck actually got up from the table and headed toward Obi-Wan. A fight would have ensued, had not the master been quick and agile on his feet. He intercepted his angry padawan and sent him to do extra meditations. Obi thought that funny too.

Jinn surmised Obi thought if he couldn?t get out of the temple, then he would cause as much chaos and grief possible. Maybe that way the Jedi would throw him out.

##############

Master Jinn?s first meeting with the council had been because he formed two bonds; a no, no, in the eyes of the council masters, Yoda included. The council sighting a rule, much like Mace had to him, that clearly stated it amounted to two apprentices.

One bond had to be severed. However, they understood the child?s delicate condition. They would not make Jinn submit either boy to the indignity of breaking a bond now. In Obi?s case, it could be detrimental to his health and with Bruck, the council wanted to see if Jinn could bridge the gap between their relationship. That is if Bruck was the one to stay. Qui-Gon wanted Bruck to stay or he thought he did.

The boy that was Obi-Wan now, was not the one Xanatos Crion thought so highly of. If the medication stayed in his system or if it had totally altered the boy?s natural born genetic make up, his personality, his entire attitude, then he would be useless to train as a Jedi.

He can?t be trained the way he is now.

Master Jinn was in what some would say a catch 22 . He wanted to open t

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    gotta earn the money to spoil the doggie. Post when you can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.