main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

could i get some AE particle help?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by robo_obi, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    sorry if i sound newb-ish

but i am in quick need of an answer to this question

is it possible...using AE's particle playground to attract all particles emitted to a certain place using like an alpha channel (or any sort of map)?

I thought that it was, but have run aground, and i need to get this shot done by at the latest thursday

is this possible? i've looked all over creative cow and other sites and haven't found anything

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I'd think it would depend on the sort of effect you're trying to achieve. What exactly are you going for?

3. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    i'm trying to create a logo with all the particles coming in and forming the words "Kingsland Studios". Or at least roughly in that area so i can then put in the words myself with the text effect. But the more precise i can get it the better.

i have this strange feeling that i've seen a tut for it somewhere but i can't find it for the life of me

4. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    There's a tut for it lurking at Creative Cow somewhere. I can't remember exactly where, but you should be able to find something good there fairly quickly.

5. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    What about starting the particles with your logo/letters and let it dissipate, and then just invert the footage? Or am I missing something?

6. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    There's a tut for it lurking at Creative Cow somewhere. I can't remember exactly where, but you should be able to find something good there fairly quickly.

I think you are thinking of that tutorial that show you how to make somke form into letters, over on CreativeCow.

Sorry i don't have a link but try to find that tutorial, it might help.

7. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    thanx guys....i experimented for a while and got a similar sort of effect to what i wanted.....i'll post a test sometime soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.