main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Jango have beaten Mace?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Kenobi1138, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Anyone can be killed if the assailant has the element of surprise. Jango killed a Jedi Council member at point blank range because he caught him off guard. Mace, who I would consider to be more powerful than Anakin, lost his arm to Anakin because he was distracted and never suspected that he would be betrayed. I would say that Boba Fett, armed with all of his gadgets, his armor, his rifle, and his rocketpack, has a substantial advantage over Han Solo, blind, armed with a pole. But he lost that engagement, because he wasn't paying attention. It's all about knowing when your opponent is at his weakest, the same way that Vader was able to kill Sidious, and Sidious was able to kill his master.

2. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    No one's said Jango was more powerful than Mace. Better, yes, but I've never said more powerful. The point is that he could kill him.

Answered above.

Jango's not trying to kill him.

I don't see that onscreen. Mace's performance seems rather desultory compared with Obi-Wan's.

Perhaps, but they don't really have bearing on Jango vs Mace.

3. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    i agree, but my understanding of this thread is that we are talking about a straight-up fight

if it was an assination atempt with a trap set for mace, than Jango fett is your man

for the purposes of this argument, a surprise attack is irrelevant

4. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005

5. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    So I guess we can say that Jango could murder Mace by using alternative means, but if you locked the two of them in a room togther in a fight to the death, Mace would walk out 10 out of 10 times (unless Jango blew the both of them up!)

6. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    yes

7. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Man, people really underestimate Mace!

He's "on par" with Yoda, according to the OS. And from what we've seen, he's a master duelist that hangs with Darth Sidious.

Could Jango defeat Darth Sidious or Yoda??? No way, and Mace is on this same level:

"On Attack of the Clones, I had to give them levels," he (Nick Gillard) said, "Sidious is a level nine [out of ten]. On this film, Obi is eight - he's moved up - Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up there with Sidious"

Page 133, The Making of ROTS.

From the Making of ROTS, page 205

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor" Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't gotten all beat-up, he could've beat the Emperor"

I mean, come on, do we really need 11 pages of discussion to figure this one out?

8. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    :eek: I cant believe it.

Did someone really ask this question, or was this a joke?[face_tired]

9. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    I doubt Jango Fett could kill an unarmed Mace Windu even in a sneak attack scenario. Mace is too powerful to be associated with such a pairing. LOL.....for all we know there is a Sith prophecy that tells about the "Chosen One" who will defeat the "Dark" Master Jedi.:p

10. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    That's what I thought right when I looked at this thread. Hence the evidence posted above. Like we needed it.

Mace: I sense a plot to destroy me.

*Jango lurks in the shadows read for his sneak attack*

*Mace jumps at Jango, cuts his head off*

Mace: I sense that I just foiled the plot to destroy me.

Edit: This thread makes me want to start a thread about the possibility of Jar-Jar defeating Count Dooku.

11. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    oh, its serious, sadly. 11 pages. its a good lesson, though. if you want to make a long thread: ask a stupid question and defend it

12. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I suggest you read it again. I dislike having to repeat myself.

Overruled on grounds of being illogical.

Which Lucas apparently sees free to openly contradict.

Jango's not going to try killing Mace with a lightsaber...o_O

If you two don't like it, I wonder why you keep posting?o_O

13. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    No if you want to make a long thread just throw the words "Mace Windu" into it....because it'll take about 15 to 20 pages of haters trying to justify insane theories and hide their "true" feelings about Mace.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Why you people even think he's worth defending defies all logic.

15. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Jango snaps Mace's spine while Windu tries to channel the Force.[face_plain]

'Fraid not buddy.

Realistic scenario:

Obi-Wan: Master Windu, I sense a veiled presence.

Mace: Umm, I do not think that anyone could try to attack us.

*Mace falls dead with a saberdart in his neck*

Obi-Wan: Oh well..

*Obi-Wan fights Jango and loses again*

THat could quite likely happen, knowing Lucas.:p

16. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Yeah, you're right, putting Jango in the same class as Mace, Yoda, and Sidious is very reasonable. o_O

I suppose anything is possible, so yeah, in some unlikely scenario Mace could have fallen against Jango. But it seems highly unlikely.

17. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    Quiet_Mandalorian:

i cant figure out if your serious or just a sock with a fett icon to annoy people

Jango's not going to try killing Mace with a lightsaber...o_O

too bad for him. thats why he will be killed quickly. oh wait, he already was.

its also not just lightsaber skills. theres this little thing called the Force. Its clear you havent taken one's ability to use the Force against his opponents inablity to use it into account.

btw, since you think he'll kill mace, you must think he can kill Yoda as well. since lucas says those two jedi can compete with sidious, well lets just throw the dark lord in the mix two
    what are your thoughts on this?

If you two don't like it, I wonder why you keep posting?o_O

its entertaining. its kinda funny to see the pro-jango arguments. this is prob the simplest question on these forums.

18. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Yeah, it proves that people can defend nearly any point of view about the GFFA! It's very entertaining.

19. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    This makes me consider other wild theories....lol

1. Could Luke have beaten Mace?

2. Could Mace have beaten Yoda?

3. Could Qui Gon have beaten Dooku?

4. Could Dooku have beaten Mace the second time?

5. Could all of the PT and OT Jedi and Sith combined beat teenaged Gohan(Cell Saga) from DBZ?

6. Could Palpatine have beaten Yoda if their roles were reversed? Palpatine=Lightside Power and Yoda as Darth Tue Shortius

20. p_jedi77

p_jedi77 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Could Jango have beaten Mace? Man, well I guess anything's possible (well I guess if Boss Nass catches Sidious in the bathroom and Sidious is in a weakened state because he just finished watching the Star Wars Holiday special and Nass plugs him in the back with a blaster rifle....)
    Come on guys. Anything Jango threw at Windu would just be deflected, force pushed back in his face, or he just wouldnt have the time to do anything. This is in a mano-a-mano fight where the two just concentrate on each other. Jango has no chance. Even with all of Jango's tactics, Windu's status as one of the most powerful jedi ever pretty much negate Jango's chances to no chance at all.
    Let me address the issue of "well Windu has force powers so Jango would win if Windu didnt have them". Well guys, you use what you have to win. Windu has the force, Jango doesnt. Nuff said. You really want a fair fight, fine. No force. No jetpacks, darts, blasters, rockets(yeah real smart to have a huge rocket attached to your back isn't it?), armor or anything like that. Windu would kick Jango's ass in hand-to-hand combat (hell, he gave Sidious a pretty mean kick to the face). Yeah, without armor Jango's headbut wouldnt do much (not that he would get one off of course).
    See the problem here is that some people are just Jango worshippers that believe he is the man and that he could beat anyone. I guess since Jango could beat Mace, he could beat Yoda and Sidious too, since they are all on the same level. Yeah, I'm sure Sidious would fall to the unbeatable might of the almighty Jango Fett. This is because Jango is the man. Mind you this is a guy that 1)Jumps into an arena and a disfavorable position to try and take out a Jedi master with....a blaster 2)is such a smart bounty hunter he takes out someone with a dart that can be traced back to its manufacturer and then immediately launches off revealing himself as the shooter (so much for just walking away, lemme make sure they see me by launching off with my rocketpack) 3) kills another bounty hunter in a weakened state and a jedi not paying attention to him...oh yeah and a reek that luckily doesnt crush him with its legs Yes, the great and infallible Jango Fett. So could have Jango beat Mace? of course.................not.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Jango could have won if his jet pack was working
    After all, we all saw how much punishment he gave Obi Wan who, in my many people's opinion, is as good a Mace Windu.

Jango knocked Obi Wan off his feet with a rocket without having it pushed back at him, Obi Wan dropped his saber and so Jango was able to take advantage.
    While it is fair to say that this fight was probably a draw, it would not be hard for Jango to do the same to Mace if he had fully working equipment

I think a lot of people also underestimate the amount of punishment that Jango can take. He was run over by a Reek and lived, and I doubt a Jedi would survive that.
    Mandalorian armour is immensely strong, and I would think anything thrown back at Jango would have little effect on him

In a straight fight, Mace is the favourite, but it is not impossible for Jango to win.
    It seems that a lot of people over-rate Jedi

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I thought you people thought Mace was The Man?o_O

Because he's supposed to be killed off by the writers.

Because he's meant to let the Jedi find the clones.

Pretty much the same thing again.

Just business.o_O

That he kills with a single shot when the great and power Oz, I mean Windu, runs from it like a girl.

In a word: Yes.

As they say in The Lord of the Rings,"The greatest warrior may be slain by a single arrow".

So do many things in Star Wars. Deal with it.

Oh thanks.:rolleyes:

I could say something similar, but it's inherently obvious that you are serious, no matter how serio-comic your attempts to defend the Jedi as invincible demi-gods are.

I see he begins to understand...

And here we come to the root of your fanboyish counter-arguments. To you, no one can beat the Jedi because no one can beat the Jedi.

Again, overruled on grounds of completely dismissing logic.

Oh, you mean, like Coleman Trebor, Mace's fellow Council chair-sitter whom Jango killed in about one-and-a-half seconds?

Have you read the synopsis for the longer (cut-scene) fight? You might find it interesting.

Lightsaber or not, Jango possesses any number of ways to kill Mace, flamethrower, saberdarts, whatever projectiles are fired from the launchers attached to his knee-guards, his blaster (which is not 100 per cent undeflectable by Jedi lightsaber skills. Give me a break), rockets, whipcord (imagine him dragging Mace into the path of a platoon of SBDs), and his wristblades in close-combat, if he destroyed Mace's lightsaber, as he seemed to Trebor's, or knocked it away, like

23. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    To me, Mace has to be one of the worst Jedi ever, and I doubt he could have fought Jango in a straight fight if he hadn't been equipped with character shields by the writers. The man has the tactical sense of a peanut, tries to take on Dooku by himself, looking to add to his glory, thinks he's cooler then Jango Fett when he's just a bald guy with a purple lightsaber of all things, and his head's stuck so far up his butt he has to open his mouth to look around.

24. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    wow. thats reasonable...

25. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.