main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Jorus C'baoth be cloned again?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zinergy, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    Where was the original sample taken from? C'boath died on the Outbound Flight Project... did Thrawn take a genetic sample back to the Emperor? Was C'baoth actually cloned by Thrawn, and if so, could a genetic sample of C'baoth still exist at the Hand of Thrawn base at Niraun?

2. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    The question is why would anyone want to clone him again, but I suppose if someone wanted to there would be nothing to stop them - Providing they can get hold of the genetic material and cloning facilities

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I always figured Palpatine got some genetic material from him when he was his Jedi advisor. So I don't think there's any left.

4. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    And the only thing that made C'baoth useful in the military was his insanity, which gave him his psuedo-Battle Meditation.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    If there were any Spaarti cylinders still in existence, and if a sample of C'baoth's DNA still existed, then it would be possible.

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i'm sure they could use a non-Spaarti cloning technology as well, so long as it was usable for human clones.

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    That wouldn't be cool if they brought C'Boath back.

8. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    my questions is why didnt coboath make like 30 clones of luke, or better yet, take over Mount Tantiss and use all 10,000 + vats to make Luke clones, you could pull out a army of 20 thousand Lukes in like a week, can you imagine the power of that army?!

9. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Why would anyone want to?

10. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    Why not? Matter of fact, what made the original clone crazy? I am sure that the template Jedi Master was sane. Was it the cloning process that made him insane?

Why not clone him if you could ensure he was sane?

Matter of fact, do you think Luke, if he had access to the genetic material of Jedi, should clone as many Jedi as possible to bloster their ranks?

11. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Ii don't think they could bring him back after the last time because he exploded and no trace was left the dark side totally engulfed him.

12. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    But what happened to the original genetic material that the 'insane' version of C'boath was cloned from? I wonder if that is stored somewhere?

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    my questions is why didnt coboath make like 30 clones of luke, or better yet, take over Mount Tantiss and use all 10,000 + vats to make Luke clones, you could pull out a army of 20 thousand Lukes in like a week, can you imagine the power of that army?!

Probably for the same reason the Sith have the rule of 2. If there is an army of dark Jedi as powerful as Luke running around, why would they need C'Boath? They'd probably end up fighting each other for dominance and kill each other off.

I think it was implied that Spaarti clones of Jedi go insane regardless of the 1 year rule, thus 10,000 insane dark Jedi would not be a good thing, even if you are evil. Besides, Joruus C'Boath was a control freak and wanted apprentices to control, however, 30 (or 10,000) would be difficult to manage.

14. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    If there were any Spaarti cylinders still in existence, and if a sample of C'baoth's DNA still existed, then it would be possible.

i'm sure they could use a non-Spaarti cloning technology as well, so long as it was usable for human clones.

No, they would also need his flash memory imprint, otherwise he would be useless to them since he would not have his Force training.

15. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    So they would be basically useless.

16. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    The clones would be prefectly normal if they were grown outside of the Force and later let into a Force rich environment, regardless of force sensitivity or not.

Given what we learned from SQ's, are we sure that C'boath really died on the OFP?

17. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    Given what we learned from SQ's, are we sure that C'boath really died on the OFP?

Good question... I am sure we will all find out late 2005! ;)

18. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    The clones would be prefectly normal if they were grown outside of the Force and later let into a Force rich environment, regardless of force sensitivity or not.

PPOR.

19. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I beg your pardon? (I don't understand Net acronyms very well)

Why did Palpatine grow C'boath in the space of less than one year and let him roam around on Wayland? Also, did Palpatine flash imprint the memories of the original Jorus C'boath or just insert a few artificial memories into the clone's mind?

20. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Most of these questions have not yet been answered anywhere but I also suspect Outbound Flight will answer many if not all of them. Personally, I always suspected that while Palpatine knew from their time together when C'Baoth was his Jedi advisor, that C'Baoth could not easily be turned to the Darkside. However, he knew that the Jedi Master's flaw was that he wanted to have his hands in everything and so he probably came to him early in his first term as Chancellor and asked C'Baoth to provide some of his genetic material and to allow a flash imprint of his mind to be taken. Palpatine probably told him that he was looking into the possibility of giving the Jedi access to cloning technology to bolster their ranks and that he wanted C'Baoth to be the test subject. In return, he would push C'Baoth's new pet project, Outbound Flight, through the Senate. C'Baoth seems politically minded so I think he went for it.

21. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    DarthRotten, pretty good logic.

22. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I beg your pardon? (I don't understand Net acronyms very well)

Why did Palpatine grow C'boath in the space of less than one year and let him roam around on Wayland? Also, did Palpatine flash imprint the memories of the original Jorus C'boath or just insert a few artificial memories into the clone's mind?

PPOR = Post Proof Or Retract

I don't recall it ever mentioned how long C'Boath was grown in a Spaarti cylinder.

23. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Though the minimum safe time for Spaarti gestation is known, we can at least go by conjecture and say between two weeks and one year for Joruus.

24. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    i thought the reason he wa sinsane because it was the speed of his cloning, therefore his underdevlopment led to his mental derangement

it's ages since i've read TTT, i'm just going on memory.

25. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Though the minimum safe time for Spaarti gestation is known, we can at least go by conjecture and say between two weeks and one year for Joruus.

But that already assumes the clone is insane because of the growing period. If the Force has an effect on Spaarti clones grown in less than one year with a normal person, then in the case of a person attuned to the Force, who is it to say that anything less than normal aging will cause madness in Spaarti Jedi clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.