main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Maul do Force Lightning?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Hypernova, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005

You think so? I agree with you until Palps says "You will Die." Then he lets into Luke, and you can see it in Palps' face. I'd like to think that Luke was so filled with the light-side of the force, that this was possibly one of the greatest force useages in jedi history. After he surrendered and threw away his lightsaber, he was one with the light side. He truly was a jedi at that time. He understood, perhaps better than any jedi we had seen yet, what the force was all about. To be able to withstand all of Palps' wrath with no defense takes a lot of mojo.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Skywalker men can recover far quicker from the lightning than others. Doesn't mean that they can survive it. Just that it doesn't incapacitate them as long. Dooku noted this when Anakin jumped back into the fight.

3. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Yes, but Anakin was unconscious for quite some time - a pity OBW couldn't keep up another minute or so, but alas.

Anyways, Anakin, the chosen one, was knocked unconscious for some time, and had to struggle to revive himself - and you could even argue that his fear gave him power to fight Dooku - the fear of losing OBW! Luke just got to his fight with no greater difficulty, then dragged his two ton father across the floor:p

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    CouId you recover that fast after being shocked and slammed into a wall of stone? :)

5. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    ok then, so after all these pages of discussion, what's final verdict on Maul? DS?

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I've already given my opinion on Maul. I think he knew how, but chose not to do it.

7. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004

exactly, did you read my opinions about it? i said the same thing. he didn't use it because it wasn't appropiate at the time. plus remember they were in the naboo core energy core area, who knows if he used it in there the whole place would have blown up!

8. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    true..

I'll probably re-read the thread sooner or later. I should be preparing for my finals, but they are later in the week.:)

9. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    At least he would have succeeded in killing the Jedi:p

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Possibly..:p

11. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    maul i think could not use force lightning, but in some of the Video games that featured him in he can use it...this is confusing...[face_thinking]

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Really? Which game is that? [face_thinking]

13. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    phantom menace on pc, but remember anakin also use it in rots game, that's for the fun

concerning the debate, i would just say: believe what you want it's open, my opinion is that he was learning it but wasn't experienced enough to use it (maybe question of level, maybe because it didn't suited his impetuous way of fighting)

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Maul also could do it in Jedi Power Battles.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Any game based on the films directly, needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Certain elements such as those found in Jedi Power Battles, Battlefront II with Darth Maul and the ROTS adaptation. Not every detail in those games is canon or could be truly considered canon.

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm aware of that bud.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I know that. It's just a friendly reminder to anyone who wants to say that Maul did that.

18. jadenkorr81

jadenkorr81 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.