main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Could Mortis have something to do with Episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by the-jedi-prince, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, rigor mortis was evident throughout the PT, so I don't see why mortis couldn't play a factor in the ST.

2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Kinda like him turning to the darkside to save his wife and he ends up force choking her into a coma.

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You once asked me why I don't watch the second half of ROTS.

Does your above statement explain it better?

4. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Thanks for pointing this out. It's not out of the question. Having a personification of the force would be in keeping with the religions that the force is based on. In addition to that it reminds me of the show Lost, which JJ Abrams created (although he didn't write all of it). Regardless, I could see JJ Abrams being receptive to it.
    Particle physics has been in the news lately, and every force field in the universe can manifest in the form of a physical particle (like the higgs boson). In the same way we might see a physical manifestation of the force.

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hated Lost precisely because of the metaphysical freaky weird flashbacks. It was much better with the precise of a bunch of people whose plane crashed on an island.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    In my opinion Lost wouldn't have been half as interesting had it not had the flashbacks - it added drama and tension to the story.

Anyway, while I really love the Mortis arc - it's my favourite TCW story arc so far (yet to see the last season) - I would not like the sequel trilogy to feature Mortis. I'd like for the movies (or Episodes I should say) to stay relatively simple swashbuckling.
    However, if a spin-off was made focusing on "the search for Mortis" or whatever, I would not mind at all.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  7. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I think TCW was the perfect type of vehicle for something like Mortis, and I agree. The movies aren't the place for it.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, and if it is revisited in the next animated series - it'd be great. That's the beauty of TV shows. You can do stuff you wouldn't be able to in feature films. Mortis is a prime example of this.