main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Palpatine's death have been better??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The_Deal_Alterer, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    How could it get better? I get a rush every time that Vader/Anakin returns from the dark that has dominated his destiny for most of his life, and finally turns on Palpatine. Besides, when the Palpster is chucked over the edge, and falls screaming to his doom, is one of the great villian film deaths, IMHO.

2. Tracer_Bullet

Tracer_Bullet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I think that Palpatine's death *works.* It was definitely very dramatic, and I like the idea of Vader throwing the Emperor out like he did. My only problem is that the Emperor didn't really put up a struggle (at least, it doesn't appear that way). I think it would have been even better if Palpatine somehow tried electrocuting Vader, or at least put up more of a visible struggle. But overall, I'm satisfied with the scene.

3. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    IMO, Palpatine's death was perfect. The last person you would expect killed him and ultimately saved the galaxy. The music, the images, everyone was pitch perfect. I loved that scene so much.

It will be even more powerful after all the episodes are completed.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    That scene is perfect. It would have been much less dramatic and more anti-climactic if we had just seen Palpy getting killed on-screen instead of falling out of view and exploding in whatever terrible way the viewer prefers to imagine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.