main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could someone break down/explain the Confederacy to me?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Starman1138, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman1138

Starman1138 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Im still alittle confused about the Confederacy of Independent Star Systems (or "seperatists" for short). What confuses me is that it seems like its a bunch of star systems/planets that have broken away from the republic but when we see the seperatists it looks like a bunch of companies and organizations. So here are my questions:

1. Is it only companies/organizations or did non-company owned planets break away as well?

2. Who are the members of the confederacy/seperatists?

3. What exactly does the Trade Federation do? Are they like the galactic equivalent of the east indian trading company?

4. Whats the difference between the Corporate Alliance and say, the Techno Union and Trade Federation..arent they corporations as well?

Thanks in advance.

2. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    1. Non-company systems were probably involved. But seceding from the Republic was mainly to avoid some taxation, which would benefit companies more than anyone else.

2. Trade Federation, Techno Union, Commerce Guild, Corporate Alliance, Banking Clan...

3. Seems like they are. Just a big trading business that has created an army for themselves, for protection of their business.

4. Yeah. They're all the same. Just big companies that have forged armies for protection.

3. Starman1138

Starman1138 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Do we see represenatives from corporate alliance and commerece guilds in the movie? Like who is their equivalent to Wat Tambour?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.