main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Could Tartakovsky's Clone Wars be rebranded?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    How can you people keep saying TCW harmonizes with the films, because all I see is disrespectful osik that doesn't work with both the films and EU?

thesevegetables likes this.
  2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    2D Grievous own 3D grievous.

Esg and Zeta1127 like this.
  3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    There isn't a real problem with the first CW TV show. Lucasfilm just cares about the current one much more.

Their minds are being clouded with Clone Wars Jedi mind tricks.

4. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Please utilize the EDIT function, thanks. -Sx3

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    TCW is better than the microseries, and is far from disrespectful...

...except to a very vocal group. IMHO. But hey - them's the opinions and they don't all match. Ain't individuality grand?

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I believe rewriting a timeline just cause one can is disrespectful to the original works.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Retcon No Prize idea! "Clone Wars" is a Republic Propaganda Holo-serial that was made post-battle of Courscant. (Several months pass from the opening of the "Sith" until Obi-Wan leaves to find Grevious, since Padme gets more pregnant as a chunk of the middle-section of the movie goes by) "The Clone Wars" is what actually happened.

There. That's my personal canon. Yay!

8. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Wow. I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur...:rolleyes:

Let's stop arguing about which is better and go back to my original question - from a purely marketing and legacy standpoint, wouldn't it make sense to re-release the micro-series rather than let it fade into obscurity? If you don't like it, that's your opinion, but there are people who like it and don't want to see it pushed aside, especially when it was the proving ground for the current series. And by re-branding it, I literally mean just changing the name on the packaging and DVD menus.

Example: Batman The Animated Series Volume 4 is not actually Batman The Animated Series, but rather the Batman episodes of The Batman Superman Adventures. Rather than release them as is, it was packaged in a way as to simplify it for consumers, and it has now essentially re-branded that series officially as a continuation of The Animated Series (which most people already knew, but it's now official). I'm suggesting that maybe the best way to preserve the microseries and still get it out there without confusion is to slightly alter the name for re-release in the same manner.

Here's a quick example I threw together of how it could be, based on the look of TCW DVDs:

[​IMG]

It still preserves the look of the original title, but also makes it clear how it relates to the current series for the kiddies.

9. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    i think it's a great idea, far preferable to having the series fade into obscurity. Having it called "Tales From" also relieves it of too much seriousness, allowing it to be enjoyed more in the form of exagerated stories rather than fact. As much as I like it there are a few episodes that simply don't work as canon and should be enjoyed more as something that happened to a friend of a friend of mine.

Valairy Scot and TreborSabreon like this.
  10. Guy-Gone_Weird

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah exactly. Kind of like the Star Wars Tales comics. It's also a solution in case parts of it are decanonized, which I'm afraid might happen to parts of Vol. 2 sadly.

Besides, if you think about it, it really is a collection of tales. Muunilinst, Mon Calamari, Dantooine, Hypori and Ilum for the most part have very little to do with each other aside from them happening at the same time. Vol. 2 is a little more cohesive, but even then has the Nelvaan and Coruscant stories parallel and not crossing over.

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    If I had my way, Filoni would politely ask Genndy to direct one arc that takes place before the entire TCW series. A proven writer would get to utilize the main thread of the micro series (the battle of Muunilinst and the introduction of Ventress) as a way to separate Anakin and Obi-Wan. Replace Durge with Grievous, as San Hill's protector.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  12. Guy-Gone_Weird

Jul 28, 2003
    It would be cool if Genndy could direct an arc, but I don't think it's necessary to overwrite the events of the Microseries. Plus I don't think he'd take to kindly to the idea that he'd be making a new version of what he already made, only this time under a set of rules imposed by TCW. I'd much rather see him do something that took place between Vol. 1 and the earliest TCW episode to kind of bridge the gap, and it could reference the events of the Microseries, perhaps even through short flashbacks done in TCW style.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anakin only "got made", as in promoted from full fledged Padawan to Jedi in the Clone Wars cartoon, which, as far as I know, hasn't been done in any other medium so I guess it's one of those "some parts are canon, some aren't" kinda deals.

14. Guy-Gone_Weird

Jul 28, 2003
    Actually his promotion is also covered in the novel Jedi Trial, which created a sort of continuity error for a while, though they've since explained it.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is one beautiful cover... HABAH HABAH! Great images on the side of Fordo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.