main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could the Confedercy Become the Rebelion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by lilyodaboy, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilyodaboy

lilyodaboy Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    For some weird reason this has been bothering me. And Palpatine know that yoda would go destroy his droid army with the clones.

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I dont think the Confedary(I got a total menatl blank of how to spell that) will become the rebellion. I don't think Bail Organa would join and assist the army that created this whole mess in the begining. Also, why don't we see the Banking Clan, or the Trade Federation in the OT?

And Palps knew that the droids would loose, but he needed to create the crisis to get emergency powers and set the wheels in motion.

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    The Confederacy is just as much a tool of Palpatine as the clone army is. Personally, I see the Confederacy's forces being completely wiped out by the Republic's grand army, then being absorbed back into the Republic/Empire. The Rebel Alliance is something separate, the origins of which will most likely remain the realm of EU.

4. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Regardless of what becomes what, Palpatine is the most powerful figure in the whole saga, until ep.6.

He's using every villian and hero to his own benefit and then turns on them when they no longer matter to him.

In ep.2, someone said that Sidious betrayed the Trade Federation, which was under his control in ep.1. In ep.4, he betrayed the Imperial senate; in ep.6, he betrayed Vadar.
    I'm betting that in ep.3 Sidious/Palp will betray Dooku so Anakin could defeat Dooku.

5. Darth-Daddy

Darth-Daddy Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2002
    Yes it is possible that the Confederacy becomes the Rebellion. Not very likely, though IMO.
    Look at it this way, is it realistic to think that a rebellion against a power as strong as Palpatine's empire could survive approximately 20 years BEFORE it even has it's first "major victory"? That would be comparible to the American colonists rebelling for twenty years before, say, Washington's attack across the Delaware River (Battle of Trenton?). Just wouldn't happen. They would have been ground under Palpatine's foot in fairly short order. Remember, during the Clone Wars, the Jedi were fighting FOR Palpatine. There wouldn't be much left of the Confederacy after the wars, if anything. Also, the Clone Wars were fought to "preserve" the Republic. A victorious Palpatine's approval rating would be through the roof. Any remnants of the Confederacy would have a hard time finding more support. Any resistance would start AFTER the oppression of the general public.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    While its possible that the Confederacy could become the Rebellion, it is not likely. Like HawkNC said, it will probibally be reabsorbed into the Republic/Empire (what ever it is by that point). The Rebel Alliance, on the other hand, will probibally have its origin in the EU, not Episode III.

7. Sith_Demon

Sith_Demon Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    The EU explanation of the Rebellion is as follows:

There had been seperate Rebel groups ever since the closing days of the Clone Wars, but the Emperor succesfully branded these rebels as gurilla{sp?} terrorists. It wasn't untill three Imperial senators, Mon Mothma of Chandrallia, Bail Organa of Alderraan, and Garm Bel Iblis of Corellia, broke away from the Empire, rounded up the various revolutionaries into one Rebel Alliance, and issued the Declaration of Freedom that the Empire acually considered any of these groups a threat.

8. the-JEDI-are-NO-more

the-JEDI-are-NO-more Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2002
    I don't know why...but ever since my failed thread [What is the seperatists role in episode 3?] I don't think so...

9. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I think the Confederacy will be defeated and then the Rebel Alliance will break apart from the Empire when they see Palpatine has become Emperor and the Jedi are all but wiped out.

10. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
  11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    But according the EU, Sith_Demon, Bail Organa is one of the founders of the Alliance, along with Mon Mothma and Garm bel Iblis. Senator Organa is on the Loyalty Committee from AotC. Why would he suddenly turn around and support the Confederacy?

12. Jar_Jar_the_great

Jar_Jar_the_great Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2003
    We wont see the Rebillion born of the confederacy(SP?). In way though it would be cool to see Amidala/Vader's kids fight on the side of the guys that their parents tried to stop.

13. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    i think it is possible

14. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I think it's pretty clear that while they are not the same orginazations they are of like minds and very much linked. philosophies change. the rebellion wants democracy, an end of the empire and restoration of the republic. the confederacy wants finacial and politial seperation from the republic. they are frustrated with the corruption in the republic. one is born of another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.