main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could the planet...(speculation on SBS and Rebirth Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Amused knight, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amused knight

Amused knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Does anyone else think that the planet that Kam and Tionne found in the galactic core could possibly be Zonama Sekot? Just wondering.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It's a possibility, it's practically given that that world will show up again.

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Maybe.

4. kanos_fel

kanos_fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    How about Vjun, the place where Vader had is Bast Castle? I don't know if it's in the core but it would be nice and ironic to see the jedi hide there.

5. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't know but the planet is the key to stopping the Vong, since they raped the Sekotan biotech from the planet.
    Sekot was afraid of the "far-outlanders".

It would be cool to have a totally new, fresh, unexplored planet, and have that be the saving grace, too.

6. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I hadn't given that any thought. But, now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense and is quite plausible. Maybe they'd wrap up some more stuff with Vergere at the same time.

7. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It'd be cool for it to be Zonama Sekot but I'd just want it to be more than coincidence. If they could just provide some sort of a reason for the planet to be in the Deep Core that would make it better for me.

8. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    BTW, aren't there still a few Imperial warlords hiding in the Deep Core? They never made peace with the New Republic as far as I know.

9. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Funny, I was just about to start my own thread about this- I think Zonoma Sekot is the perfect hiding place, very difficult to find, very little technology (electronic, ya know what I mean,like Coruscant type cities). And wouldn't it be cool if Luke, while hiding with his wife and new son, discovers a little about dear old dad and Old Ben? I think it would be pretty cool, but we'll have to wait and see...

10. Darth-Cartman

Darth-Cartman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    *Ignorance Alert*

Zenoma Sekot? Not ringing a bell.

11. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    It's the planet from Rogue Planet.

12. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Zonama Sekot is the feature planet in Rogue Planet--also the book where Vergere appeared first.

i think it'd be a cool coincidence for them to find Sekot, but I, too, would like to see a solid explanation as to why it was there.

13. Amused knight

Mar 14, 2000
    Remember that at the end of Rogue Planet Zonoma Sekot disappeared. It went to hide. A force strong planet may have hidden in the deep core. Also at the end of Rebirth, Luke saw his son at the helm of a strange ship. could it possibly be a Sekotan ship?

14. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yep.

Or maybe a hybrid ship made with Vong and Republic technology.

Either way, I can't wait to see what the planet is. When does Star by Star come out?! :p

15. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Cool theory. It's possible, and the Jedi are going to need a source of ships if they hope to fight the Vong.

16. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd love to see Zonama Sekot appear in the NJO. Start churning out ships to fight the Vong with. I'd really like to see Sekotan X-wings produced for some of the X-wing pilots. And maybe Han patch up the Falcon with some Sekotan biotech, really bring the old girl to life.

17. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Then the Falcon would really be the fastest ship in the galaxy!

I wonder... How many of those Tribble things would attach to Han?! :eek:

18. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    has anyone ever thought that maybe the Sekotan ships were Vong ships? they are remarkably alike.

19. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Well, the Vong (aka Far Outsiders) did attack Sekot...

Was it more than just curiousity that led them to planet?

20. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    When I first read Rogue Planet, there seemed to be too many similarities between the biotechnology of Zonoma Sekot and that of the Yuzhan Vong to be just a coincidence. I hope this subject is explored further in the NJO series.

21. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Zanoma Sekot could very well hold a major key to defeating the Vong, resolving the mysteries surrounding Vergere, and discovering the link to bridge the Vong to the force. I mean think about it:

Biotechnology similar to that of the vong (perhaps used by the Vong)

PLUS

A tendency by the same biotechnology to latch on to all things dealing with the force

EQUALS

Who knows ??????

The possibilities are interesting.

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    nice theory...Sekot is da man...or at any rate, the planet.
    Imagine Kyp armed with a squadron of Sekotian biotech...or a Jedi Squadron, with Kyp at the Helm, and Jaina on his wing...invincible...no too pilots have had more success against the vong in dogfights, with the possible exception of gavin darklighter...
    hold on whilst i go and form this clay into a workable theory..oh, btw, does anyone else think Kam and Tionnes voyage into the deep core in search of this planet would make a good filler book once the NJO story arc is complete?
    i would definently read it... a more grassroot jedi view of the invasion - hopefully moving away from the galactic philosophy of the main books...

23. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Interesting idea. I do hope they bring Zonama Sekot in again... but who knows.

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Actually, Rogue Planet suggests that Sekotan ships are not Vong ships. In fact, it seems that the Vong were after Sekotan biotech knowledge, which they did not get. The fact that the Vong were attempting to learn another culture's biotech secerts suggests two things. The first is possibly just how bad off the Vong are. The second, and more important to Rogue Planet, is that there were no apparent shapers in the advanced force. In fact, I believe that the Dark Tide duology points this out. Without shapers, in order to continue their mission the advanced force finds that they must find new ways to get a hold of biotech ships. And Zonama Sekot seems to be the answer.

There is much that's similar between the two, yes. But it does appear that Sekotan ships are actually a combination of technology and biotech. The two are fully intergrated, which appears to greatly enhance the preformance of both.

25. Amused knight

Mar 14, 2000
    And here it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.