main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Could the rule of Darth Maul over Mandalore last for eight months or is that to long?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sudooku, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    And was the plot against Ahsoka because of the explosions in the Jedi-temple and the murder of Letta Turmond, which were actually instigated by Barriss Offee taking place after Maul's rule over Mandalore or within that time?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Bariss plots to kill Jedi or civilians simply cause she fell to the darkside at some unseen point - she tries justifying it as the Jedi turned against their own code. Which is similar to Dooku's turning because the Jedi were thickheaded and would not heed his warnings against the Sith and that their own power was fading from the Galaxy. Bariss chooses Ahsoka as the scapecoat because she voiced her opinion openingly while arguing with Tarkin, plus her darkside embrace would've manifested itself in some hidden jealously she harbored against Tano for being the stronger of the two during that arc when Tano still has faith and later after the brain worms.

According to Feloni events like these can span months. Also don' forget unaired Season 6 with "Son Of Dathomir" , Maul still rules Mandalore from afar as leader of Death Watch and Almec's master.

whostheBossk and Sudooku like this.
  3. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Actually I have the feeling that there is no definite timeline in which order the events of the clone wars take place. The last given year for Maul's history is, when he is salvated by Savage from Lotho Minor at 20 BYC. Then there is the given time of 19-17 BYC when the clone wars take place at all. In Son of Dathomir, first issue, a time like at least a year is mentioned when Sidious brought Maul to imprisonment in Stygeon. I guess TCW-makers are unsure of a canonic timeline itself, thus giving way for everyone to arrange and define events in their chonological order and duration. Thus I could give Maul and Savage even more time to enjoy life in Mandalore having a rest till Sidious will terminate this. Actually I think Maul couldn't rally all that supporters from Mandalore and the gangs that much to let himself being freed and amass that big army on his behalf after he escaped Stygeon, if his rule over Mandalore would have last just a few days. :D

4. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Sorry for missing the 30minutes time for editing my previous posting :(
    Edit: I wanted to say that there is no date given at all in "Son of Dathomir", when the events mentioned there take place. Actually I would like to place the events about the plot of Barriss against Ahsoka even before Sidious came as a terminator of Maul's rule to Mandalore. Actually I can let Maul rule Mandalore from the second half of 20 BYC until Dooku is killed by Anakin 19 BYC what can be even a full year. Until now I didn't find any contradiction of such a timeline on my own with the prequels, the clone wars and the given timelines in the web. :D

And - yeah - I think Barriss is jealous on Ahsoka because she's also everybody's darling while Barriss appears very ernest and severe and not really friendly or approachable

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    If Maul does not die in Issue 4, it is likely his hold over Mandalore will be broken as each issue he loses more and more men which I dont see how he can replace such loses plus with the combined CIS and Republic forces out to smash Death Watch along with traitors within the ranks led by Bo-Katain who took a sizable portion of manpower and equipment supposedly off screen- it doesnt look like Maul's Death Watch will last past issue 4. That plus perhaps the spineless Almec may switch sides to Sidious or a Republic military and Jedi take over of the planet and its moons. Perhaps why Sabine is a rebel terrorist fighting against the Galactic Empire but its unclear why a Mandalorian would side with a Jedi or quasi-Jedi unless they're playing the enemy of enemy is my friend game. I means its possible Mandalore resists and rebuilds under Maul to create a new threat but I don't know. As far as I can see, his most trusted soldes are the Nightbrothers and Mandalorians, if loses either or both the spine of his army wont be there. The Black Sun and Pykes I do not see as brave or long lasting loyal soldiers. The last issue will be interesting to say the least.

6. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    In my opinion the clue of the time-scale of Maul's rule over Mandalore is, how long did the Jedi take to discover that Satine is in prison in "Lawless" Season 5. The Death Watch put her into prison just after they seized Sundari, some days before Maul took seat on the throne. When the Jedi came to know, Satine is in prison, Obi-Wan came. Could it be that Obi-Wan waited just eight months until he found spare time to attempt to free and to save his former or still love Satine? Or maybe there is a bigger time gap between the failed rescue of Obi-Wan and Sidious intrusion? Actually I don't think so. Rather that two events took place just after a couple of hours or simultaneously. That is more feasable in my opinion.

Then Maul would have had a very short reign. :( To speak with Yoda to Palpatine in ROTS: "To end your reign has come. And not short enough it has been. But I'm still not sure.

And I still didn't figure out what happened with Mandalore after Maul was taken from there by Sidious. I think I have to wait for Issue 4 of "Son of Dathomir" too. I still haven't #3 :(

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Issue 1 makes it clear Death Watch is completely loyal to Maul. According to Almec, they found his darksaber on the palace grounds( apparently Sidious didnt bother to clean up) - but they never explain how they traced him to Stygeon which they make noted is a secret prison known to very few. If its not explained by issue 4 we may never know exactly how. Did Mother Talzin know and send word to Mandalore or did Sidious?! It is never revealed but some time has obviously passed by and Almec as a next in line of command of Mandalore couldve presumed Maul dead once they recovered Opress' body and the weapons and that would be the end of Maul's rule over the planet . A guy like Almec doesnt have rule over the true army and true controllers of Mandalore - Maul's Death Watch. So likely he would not live long as puppet leader as Death Watch luinetnet could just wasted him and replaced him if they all figured Maul was dead - as long as Maul is still aliv a guy like Almec would remain a figure head and alive. Death Watch wouldnt care about this stooge who once tried to poison the entire population of Mandalore for credits or whatever.

Maul and his brother along with the criminal thug armies were a front for Vizla to make him look good and as a savior. Maul and Opress were put before the public by Vizla during his betrayal so they would think he's public enemy #1. Maul simply replaces Vizla with Almec but Maul's position hasnt changed as a shadow overlord. Now there is a few problems here. 1) Mandalore under Maul reverts back to its military and clan warrior ways as planned - Satine's regime died with her. 2) Death Watch patterns itself after Maul and in some cases Opress and are seen openly fighting alongside Maul out in public even on Mandalore during Lawless to the present day(Son of Dathomir). 3) Bo-katan is also a criminal Death Watch terrorist and assassin member had helped topple Satine's regime who was in league with Maul until she betrayed the Mandalorian code tradition and broke ranks and betrayed Death Watch and created a civil war within Death Watch. She betrayed her blood first, then betrayed her clan, nobody body would trust her as she's a switch-hitter and opportunist. Even if she manages to gain some public support, it doesnt much matter as Death Watch under Maul expanded through Mandalore and he is the rightful ruler of Mandalore and Death Watch until he's dead or someone challenges him to a fight warrior to warrior for the title.

Sudooku likes this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Eight months is a good length IMO

Sudooku likes this.
  9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi Vorax,

Maybe the Death Watch could trace back his whereabout via his komlink? That this gadget works like a GPS? Or Talzin could find Maul because she still has the Talisman with Maul's blood from Orsis-Academy. Savage Opress found his brother with that Talisman and now Talzin can sense him at Stygeon with it. Like she did with a hairlength of Dooku once to pain him with her magicks while she came out of his chest too. And there must be a connection between the Death Watch and Talzin.

At Orsis the Mandalorian teacher Meltch Krakko who was murdered altogether with Master Trezza and Kilindi in Trezzas office gave Talzin the hint that Maul is at Orsis. And she came in vain to take Maul to Dathomir. But this is only Sidious' version of the story. Maybe there are also other Mandalorians to inform Mother Talzin now about Maul.

LEGOLAS: nice you give Maul some lavish good time in Mandalore too :)

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe his built in Mandalore cybernetics are equipped with lowjack tracking system.

Maul, Sidious and Talzin and even Dooku are all schemers, issue 4 should be interesting.

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Gar Saxon tells Almec that they "followed the ship carrying Maul to Stygeon."

Which means the story arc must take place immediately after Mauldalore, with Maul's two lieutenants following Sidious directly to the prison.

Sudooku and Vorax like this.
  12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I like the thought that Sidious sensed that shift of power eight months after his former apprentice took seat on the throne of Mauldalore - what a nice word :)

Welcome to Mandalore - the galaxy's first mauled planet :D

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Good catch, I slipped by that one as I've the first issue only once or twice after it came out. I was also thrown off also by how fast Grievous was tracking the Gauntlet fighter that rescued it was as if the entire Droid Armada was on stand by awaiting the rescue attempt. The time and continuity had to be months after Lawless as this is a deep Season 6 arc if they never got to animate it. Less they were filming this arc last to air first as a season opener as they often would air the Maul stories at the beginning of the seasons and towards the end again.

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    If they ever found Savages body there. Last time I red a nice fanfic about Savage in which the narrator says that Sidious took both Maul and Savage aboard his Shuttle. Then he threw Savage's body to the entrance-hatch, opened it and Savage's corpse flew into the space - just a mirroring image of what Savage did previously to this poor pilot from the Lotho-Minor Turtle-Tanker while he searched for his lost brother Maul.

Then the Mandalorians wouldn't have found any body at all. But until we don't have reliable information everybody may still write such nice stories about this still unsolved issue. It would make sense for Sidous not to leave Opress body in the throne-room for his dead wouldn't be caused by a Jedi and he would not give room to speculations about his death to be the work af the hidden second Sith-Lord.

15. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    "Could the rule of Darth Maul over Mandalore last for eight months or is that to long?"

I'm pretty sure Almec takes care of most issues since basically he's the new Duke of Mandalore. Almec handles the masses and the politics and Maul controls Almec. Unless the Republic or the Empire gets involved they've got a good thing going on.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sidious though knew Maul controlled Mandalore and Death Watch became Mandalore and Mandalore Death Watch, so logically he would punish them for their trespasses and past failures of not joining either the Separatists or Republic side, back when he was playing the Clone Wars. Plus he could be using Separatist or Mandalorians threats, real or invented, provoked or unprovoked to spread the borders of his Galactic Empire. His Empire is one of expansionism.

Almec is pretty spineless and not a fighter, can't really see him remaining alive or loyal if under pressure from the Galactic Empire. Would be interesting if somehow Mandalore and its possessions are some of the only real free states left in that part of the galaxy and are able to hold off the Empire.