main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Could there be a Sith Child?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Luke and Leia were conceived before Anakin turned and was still a Jedi.

Could there be a child parented by a Sith?

Could both parents be Sith?

I know it hasn't came up in any rumors or script leaks.

Just a topic for discussion and thought.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Beings are Beings, the gift is given to all, some more than others and what they decided to do with that gift determines who they are.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That is such a wizard idea.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I had to read this one a couple times in order to get what you meant there...

That said,

Admirable sentiments.

5. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
  6. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Sorry, but this made no sense to me. Can you reword it or something? What child are you talking about, for instance? What Sith?

If you just mean in general, i doubt the Dark Side sterilizes you.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Wise words, Mithrandir. :)

8. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Yes Count, so sorry to word it in a way that confused you.

I did mean the Sith in General.

Or even, expanding on the idea, possibly in Episode 7 it is revealed that a child is born to a SIth\Villian\Darksider.

We have the Younglings which we saw with Yoda in AOTC, perhaps there is a child being trained to use the darkside.

Just providing ideas for thought and discussion.

9. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    They could conceive a child but I couldn't see them caring enough for another human to father a child. If they did they probably still have good in them which could be a threat to them. Fathering someone is a selfless act.

10. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

OK, i was unclear whether or not you were suggesting this about one of the new characters.

Anakin, as we saw in AOTC, had some pretty dark-side aspects of his personality to begin with. All a Sith is is someone trained in the Darkside's use. They don't become something else. Their bodies would still work the same way they did before they got the 'Darth' title. So a Sith would still be able to father a child, or give birth to one. Whether one would actually want to (or want to be that child) is a different story. Knowing what we know about the Sith, the reasoning behind having a child would likely be very different from the norm. Even if it starts out as a love situation (and we know for a fact that a Sith can still feel love since it's been demonstrated to us no less than twice in the films!), it may not stay that way for long.

So, IMO, the main difference would be the thought process and reasoning behind it.

Sorry, not true at all.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks for the insight and discussion Count.

I would guess then the intent would be to raise and train a child to use the darkside then. (Father and Mother both embrace the darkside)

We have children taken and raised as darkside users in EU novels, but only have the Dark Master as parent figure.

Not both parents embracing the darkside.

Appreciate your discussion sir.

12. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
  13. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    It doesn't have to be. You can have a child for any number of reasons. If the Force is strong in a Jedi's family, why not a Sith's, too? What if a Sith wanted offspring so that they could use their bloodline in order to create a dynasty? It could be a line of rulers or an exclusive cult where secret Sith teachings are passed down from generation to generation. Maybe the parents have several Force sensitive children in an attempt to enslave them for their own selfish purposes. Sith could get together for romantic purposes or because they see potential in joining two people who are a strong in the Force.

Lots of possibilities! Plus, it would further add to the long-term space soap opera drama. What if the Sith one day had their own version of "The Big 3" who periodically squared off against our heroes?

Just like I believe the Jedi should be allowed to marry and have children, so do I think the same should be possible with the Sith. Just because they're villains doesn't mean they automatically can't care for their own. I'd love to see a number of Star Wars villains with spouses and/or children. It would be interesting to see how those relationships play out. Some would honor their parents' legacy, some would eventually turn good, some would betray their own, etc.

plaidphoenix and Wildcatbarry like this.
  14. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Exactly my train of thought Luminous.

Luke wouldn't even be born to be the hero he became if not for that fact.

15. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    "Your a Wizard Harry..."
    [​IMG]

16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I don't see why a child couldn't be raised to learn the ways of the Sith. In fact, it seems that may be what Kylo Ren is.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    How has no one mentioned Triclops in this thread yet? Were the Glove of Vader books really so bad that everyone who read the series has expunged them from their memories?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  18. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    I have literally no clue who Triclops is. Sounds like a He-Man character. Really cartoony name.

19. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Agreed. But frankly, Count Dooku and General Grievous fall in a similarly cartoony category, IMO.

20. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    A child being conceived while Anakin was Vader....is actually an intriguing idea. Though, it does sound a little fan-ficky, and I'd imagine Disney would want to move away from Anakin's storyline...

21. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

Grievous, sure. But Dooku sounds pretty Star Wars. Triclops, however, sounds ridiculous.

Just a stab in the dark, here: He's got three eyes, right? IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!!!!!

22. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah, I think we're pretty much finished with anything connected to Anakin.

23. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

The problem with that is that the kid'd be, at most, 10 years younger than Luke. So by the time of EVII whatever child Vader had would be around the same age Vader was when he died, so Kylo Ren is out and no leaked characters that are both evil and mid 40's have surfaced.

24. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, just for kicks, let's say this kid was born a day before the events of ROTJ. If TFA takes place about 30 years after ROTJ, then this kid would be just over 30 years old...which is exactly how old Adam Driver is...and he is playing Kylo Ren....so.......

:cool:

Confirmed: Kylo Ren is a son of Darth Vader. His rivalry with Luke Skywalker is merely a rivalry to prove who is the more talented descendent of Vader.

Wildcatbarry and KSennia like this.
  25. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    A lot more likely it would take place in the space between III and IV. If Vader had a squeeze during the OT we'd probably know it. It would be ridiculous to just add that in and fix it in the EU, because 99% of the folks that will see the movies don't devour every Star Wars novel that gets released (there's been enough of that nonsense in recent years, anyway). Not to mention the possibility that Vader might no longer have the... er... parts do do any fathering anymore. Fire can do that.

Vader would have been forty-one years old when he stepped onto the Tantive IV and mid 40's when he died, so any offspring would have to be 35 at the least (and that's even stretching it a bit).

The only way they can really do this is have it happen within Rebels, and even that is pretty cheap (Not to mention the most understanding woman in the universe, knocking boots with Quasimodo). No one should be forced to go outside the films for the films to make sense.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.