Lit Could they co-exist?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Chewbacca89, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
  2. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Master

star 2
    It never works because Sith are selfish power hungry and immoral and Jedi are peace keepers that stop the above mentioned.
  3. LarryG Jedi Master

star 1
    Maybe there should be a Force Olympics every four years just to give the pent up rivalry an escape valve. Everyone could get medals and have drinks afterward.
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    I have to agree
  5. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    What were the Sith doing for the last 1000 years, in which they managed to avoid drawing the Jedi's attention?
  6. max-attac Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    It's more about the instauration of a more efficient society, this is not as manichean than you said :

A Sith wants Order, Pyramidal Hierarchy even if it's lead to Injustice.
    A Jedi wants Freedom, Justice even if it's lead to Chaos.

This can lead to a convergence of interests, but often leads to conflicts between the two because the ideal society is not the same for the two organizations.
    So in my opinion, the confrontation between Sith and Jedi is not a matter of good against evil, but about the divergence about the means to employ to achieve the objective of both organization.
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  7. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I hate the idea of the galaxy being unable to get past the Jedi-Sith conflict.
  8. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would hope one day they could reach a higher sense of enlightenment and learn to coexist. But would they still be Jedi and Sith?
  9. FatSmel Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm not sure you can say that with utter certainty.
    Most sith seem to just want power/destruction, although Palpatine certainly fits your description.