main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Could use some help...my family in need

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I just found out last night that my dad has to go into the hospital Thursday morning to have a quad by-pass done on his heart.

Needless to say but...I'm scared, and my sister is a mess, and my mom and dad are trying to look not worried.

I realize some of our members do not hold the power of prayer in high regard as others. But could I just ask that you keep our family in mind till we hear my dad is ok?

The part that makes this worse is the fact that I'm in Dryden, 3 days drive from home. I'm trying to see if my boss can fly me home but nothing is for sure yet.

2. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Of course....I and all of us sincerely hope everything will turn out ok

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    On behalf of the North Ridge, we'll keep you and your family in our prayers. We wish you the best of luck.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Chris. I do hope everything works out.

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    You and your family are in our prayers Chris

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Your father will be in my thoughts Chris,

If there is anything I can do to help you at this time please don't hesitate to let me know.

7. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    In my prayers Chris.

I know how you must be feeling. My father has gone through the same thing 5 years ago, and I was a mess. He's doing great now.
    I pray that everything will work out....take care buddy

8. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    In my thoughts Chris, I hope everything works out for the best. *Hugs*

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I hope all goes well for your father on Thursday. Your family will be in my thoughts.

~Doc_Bev

10. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    My thoughts are with you and your family.

11. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    You and your family are in my prayers as well.

12. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    you and your family are in all of our thoughts. I know how you feel, my father went through this as well, about 10 years or so ago. And he is doing well.

13. speederScout

speederScout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    We'll light a candle for you and yours at church. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Godspeed

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I many not pray that much man but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
    Take Care.

15. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    your family is in our thoughts and prayers chris.

16. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Prayers will be sent from the great white north.

17. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Ok, here is the update...

My dad is doing well. His operation went normally, and there were no outstanding issues. He is resting the majority of the days now till the hospital allows him to come home, maybe Monday or Tuesday.

When the Dr. went in to remove some donor veins, from his arm and chest, he commented that they were very small for his body size. It is thought that it is hereditary, because my dads brothers and sisters all have high blood pressure, and I've had it since I 18.

When I saw him yesterday (ya, I'm back home. But soon to head back out back to Winnipeg.) he was able to walk a small lap of the hospital halls and he is back eating semi-solid foods.

There was one small problem with his drain tube that was draining the excess fluid from his chest. He pulled it out while sleeping the second night. The Dr. took X-rays to see if they needed to replace it, but there was no need.

His recovery will be long. He can't drive for 6 weeks, and he is not allowed to do anything for 2 months other than walk.
    The good thing is the shipping season (his job) will be closed till the spring by the time he is "able" to go back to work. For those that know my dad, he would try everything in his power to push his recovery to get back to work. With the season closed he is forced not to be stupid and go back to soon.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes, I'm sure it helped.

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Glad to hear all is well. I will keep you in our prayers.

19. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thank you for the update Chris! We are glad to hear that he is doing well and that he has no choice but to heal. I hope all goes well during these next two months!

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am sorry that I have not been by YJN in a few days. I am just hearing the news about your Dad Chris and I will be praying for him.

21. speederScout

speederScout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I'm so glad that everything went well, it sounds like your Dad is one tough cookie. We will keep hom in our thoughts and prayers.

22. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Even though the part about your dad pulling out the jackson pratt drain which I can't seem to get out on the best of days made me cringe for a moment, I am really really relieved to hear that he is doing so well after such a mayjor surgery, If he is doing so well now he will be back to normal in not too long I am sure :)

23. Dalponis

Dalponis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Glad he's doing good. It wouldn?t be redundant if I were to say it was the force, would it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.