main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Could we see a rebooted prequal trilogy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by markn74, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The OT has been vastly changed.

Darth_Pevra and lovelikewinter like this.
  2. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    ^No, it hasn't lmao, the story is pretty much 100% the same with a few minor detail changes here and there among the graphical enhancements

And on topic:

We may eventually see a reboot, but it will only be after this current run ends up flopping or stopping years down the line, and it will most definitely include the OT being rebooted as well.

3. markn74

markn74 Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2013
    It is only known to people who have watched them.
    I for one would have loved to see the faces of my kids as they watched the series for the first time, the twist that Lucas himself, keep secret.
    Tell me who would read/ show their kids or someone who has no knowledge of a series the last installment before the first.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

So are sequels.
    And you can probably find 388 million users who enjoy the SE's and the PT.

Not that much.

Me. I'd show them I-VI because you can do that and create a different feeling for them. One unique to their experiences rather than sharing mine.

"It'll be a very different experience, because when Darth Vader walks into that spaceship with the princess, they're going to think, 'Oh my God, that's Anakin!' and they're gonna see Luke and think, 'Oh my God, that's his son!' And rather than a surprise when he says, 'I am your father,' it'll be like, 'Oh my God, finally he's told him!'"

--George Lucas, Guardian Unlimited.

"If you see them in order it completely twists things about. A lot of the tricks of IV, V and VI no longer exist. The real struggle of the twins to save their father becomes apparent, whereas it didn't exist at all the first time [audiences saw Episodes IV, V and VI]. Now Darth Vader is a tragic character who's lost everything. He's basically a bitter old man in a suit.

"I am your father" was a real shock. Now it's a real reward. Finally, the son knows what we already know.

Its a really different suspense structure. Part of the fun for me was completely flipping upside down the dramatic track of the original movies. If you watch them the way it was released, IV, V, VI, I, II, III - you get one kind of movie. If you watch I through VI you get a completely different movie. One or two generations have seen it one way, and the next generations will see it in a completely different way.

It's an extremely modern, almost interactive movie making. You take blocks and move them around, and you come out with different emotional states."

--George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith.

Saga Explorer and CoolyFett like this.
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    :confused:Why do you address that to me?

Perceptions. I think they have.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    How have they changed? A few effects shots, a couple of deleted scenes being re-inserted and a couple new scenes created from scratch. Everything else about the films remain the same.

7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Why do we need a rebooted prequel trilogy? It may be as simple as ignoring them as canon and removing them from the continuity. Marvel seems to do it all the time with their many films.

8. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I can't even put into words how tedious a reboot of anything of the saga would be...
    Sneaking onto a death star again... obi-wan dying again... some random boy as luke going to dagobah... i'd rather not think about it! [face_sick]

Andy Wylde and Revious Nugo like this.
  9. markn74

markn74 Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2013
    I think you missed the point. Reworking the PT so that the OT has all it's surprises intact is what I was talking about. I for one would hope they never touch IV to VI again.

10. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Reboot the prequels? Even though we could see it happening, I'm sure the majority wouldn't want to see it.

I for one, don't want to see the prequels rebooted, nor the OT. The prequels also have a bit of nostalgia to them. To add to the reasons why I don't want them rebooted, could you imagine how the clones are going to look? That'll be my biggest peeve on the prequels, the clones and the battles. The Battle of Geonosis, and the space battle for Coruscant. If TPM gets rebooted, it'll feel like a stranger just walked into my life. The goofy looking battle droids, and not to mention Jar Jar.

Summing it up, NO REBOOTS. [face_phbbbbt]

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    1. Luke im your father is not one of the greatest lines. It does not causd spines to tingle. Its just film dialog

2. If the pt is rebooted, reboot the ot. The OT is not the holy grail of Star Wars its just the 2nd half of the holy grail.

3. Come to terms, except what the pt IS and not what you wish it to be.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't think there is going to reboot anything for now but in a few decades, there is a high probability for the whole saga to be rebooted, live everything else today.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The line actually is No, I am your father. It might not cause your spine to tingle but it does for others.
    For some people the OT is the holy grail.
    So people must like the PT whether they like it or not? No exceptions?

15. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    This thread is pure nonsense and is just wishful thinking that is clearly indicative of the anti-prequel sentiment that runs rampant on sad corners if the internet...there will NEVER be prequel reboots because they are part of the larger Star Wars saga which in its entirety is one of, if not the, greatest story ever told in contemporary times...in addition the PT were huge financial sucesses...the first two films received mixed reviews... nothing wrong with that..and the third recieved positive reviews...it also spawned two TV shows that won Emmys...the prequel trilogy a is a huge success! And just because some of you don't like it doesn't mean the world is going to stop and erase them from existence...

The prequels are awesome! Nuff said!

16. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Insert Vader 'NOOOOOOOOO' here: _

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The PT wont be remade, how many of these dumb threads do we need. Its not going to happen lol. Vader revealing himself to Luke is just as epic Luke finding Leia, or Shmi letting Anakin go with Qui Gon...its nothing special, never really was, but im sure it was special to you lol. 13 hours of story and a long last dad telling his son who he is is supposed to be the most epic moment is movie history. Man please.

18. Tosche_Station

Tosche_Station Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2015
    ewwwww....

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Could we see a rebooted prequal trilogy
    Oh god, I hope not. Hollywood may be huge for rebooting franchises, but I truly believe SW is too holy to touch, even the underwhelming and somewhat poorly written PT should not be rebooted. I'm happy with most of the PT, but I feel a reboot would just amplify the parts that already are less than perfect. SW is retouched and re-released enough to continue making the big guys money, so there's no need for it. Why reboot, when now Disney can just create different characters to cash in on, ontop of the original characters?

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Because they can and they have shown already that want to cash in on the established characters?

21. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    What Disney wants and want we want aren't exactly the same.

Not all fans I think would be against a reboot, besides what about the future fans?

An anime version of the movies I actually think might be nice, and not just the PT but OT as well, I don't want Disney doing it though, maybe they license it to another company or in co-op with an Anime company.

Hey they had a Lord of the Rings cartoon first than a live action movie many years later, maybe they could do the reverse to SW.

22. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    I hope not, I'm sick of the whole "everything was better in the old days" movement. To rewrite the PT to better serve the OT would be a mistake.

23. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

What is your opinion of changing the OT to match the PT? Fine with that?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    That was an unbelievably far fetched leap to make.

PapiNacho likes this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Unfortunately, the OT will be rebooted sooner than the Prequels, if they ever get a reboot at all. The more popular an original popcorn-movie was, the more likely a reboot.