main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could you forgive Vader?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Sidious143, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seigiryu

Seigiryu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2002
    Christianity makes a big thematic appearance in the trilogy in the fact that Luke believes that redemption is possible with his father.

As for whether you can forgive Vader for his previous sins, that's relative based on one's personal moral beliefs. However, I think he's not comparable to Hitler, because he himself is not the evil orchestrator of the story.

That is Palpatine. Vader is the epitome of how good intentions pave the way to hell, and he was manipulated by Palpatine. However, if you follow the Anakin/Jesus analogy (thats a WHOLE other debate, has many flaws, but still works in a lot of ways), he was tempted by the devil (a breif temptation in the Bible for Jesus in teh desert, but much more so in Star Wars, since Anaking actually BECAME Vader!), but ultimately had faith and believed in redemption and resisted the devil.

This holds true, and is why Vader in my mind can be forgiven for his sins, while someone like Palpatine can't.

2. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I dont know about that Darth Feirce. Let us ponder for a while. If Vader came to peace with himself even though others did not, what would he need forgivness for? As long as he truly reconciled his actions honestly within himself, he should be ok.

Or what about this. Since Anakin/Vader was the chosen one and it was his destiny to do what he did, then wouldnt it be the force that acted poorly and need forgivness?

Ok, I know that last one was crazy. Just trying to bring up all possible options.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    In the end only Anakin's true destiny really mattered. He sacrificed his own life in order to save his son's which in turned led to the Emperor's death, the Empire's fall, brought about balance to the Force, the New Republic's rise, and the return of the Jedi all in one single act.

Yes, I'd forgive Vader for that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.