main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could you give Fan Film DVD as a free gift?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ellbobin, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Could you give Fan Film DVD as a free gift? Im thinking of selling some matrix stuff on ebay and was wondering if I could put in a copy of my fan film DVD with it?It would be free with the item.

2. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    You're treading on thin ice. If you mention your DVD in the description, there's a possibility that people would bid higher just to get the DVD. In other words, you're profiting from it.

You could include a copy with the item when you ship it, as long as you don't mention it in the ad. Then it's clearly just a free gift.

3. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    I wouldnt put it in the package, i would mail it seperatly later, with a note in it saying "heres a free gift"

4. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Why..?

What Maxveers said would be a perfect solution.

5. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    we posted at the same time, once mine was posted i saw his..

6. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I will never understand why people have to keep on asking questions about this sort of thing.

A good rule of thumb where legality and ethics are involved: If you think there may be a problem, if you think that your actions may be unethical or illegal... 9.9 of 10 times they are!! Asking the forum is not going to do anything but help keep your conscience clear.

You know you cannot sell the film. You know you cannot profit from the film, even indirectly. So, why would you even take the chance?!?

//I so tire of seeing questions like this. The answer is always SO obvious...

7. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    Give the sleeve as the gift, with the DVD inside of it with whatever content you have to give.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.