main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Could you help your neighbors to the north - Charity Event Plans

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    has anyone posted any pics up yet?

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Last night was a blast... it is always a blast hanging out with you guys so I'm not surprised. I think 10 of us went up there.. thats a pretty good turn-out for an out of town event. It was good seeing the OC and IE fanforce people...after I finally took off my helmet at the end of the evening, I was able to talk to them. [face_laugh] I found out I could wear my stormy boots for 7 1/2 hours without them hurting, and wore my helmet for 3 hours without having to take it off once. :D Comic Con here I come!

My highlights of the evening were of course shaking hands with the kids, and Evette and I surprising the Girl Scouts by turning out to be "girls" ourselves. That was a good lesson for them I think - that they can aspire to be anything they want when they grow up, even stormtroopers working for the Empire. :D It was hilarious watching Jason in Armor, Dan and Matt as Royal Guards, being chased by a "Leia" and a Jedi running around the track. I can't believe they did that considering how hot it was there to start with. I loved when they started playing the "Star Wars Cantina" song and the "Leia" got up and started dancing, and then Vader went over to join her... sooooo very funny. It was also fun jaywalking across the busy street with Jason, it is amazing how one stormtrooper can make several lanes of traffic stop. LOL!

3. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    /\
    Yeah...the thermometer on Brendan's speeder said 81 degrees when we arrived. If I can handle that in costume, I'm pretty sure I'm set for the Con.

4. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Thanks everybody, for coming up to support us. :D You made the event for us. It was a lot of fun with all you guys and gals.

It was great seeing the people we already knew, and meeting a few new ones.

Can't wait to see you all again at Comic-Con! :)

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Wow where do I possibly start.

Thank you all for coming out and helping us. This event was a blast and I enjoyed seeing everyone again. As for our total numbers concerning donations, it hovers around $3000.00 right now. I'll have an exact number sometime this week.

The event was great. I think everyone loved seeing all of us there. I had alot of people walking up to me throughout the later parts of the night also in the morning just saying how much they really like everyone who came out in costume and it made for the most memorable Relay they have had in a long time.

I looking forward to Comic-Con where we will all be able to spend some time hanging out and having fun. See you all soon!

And thank you all once again.

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    seeing as how shawn and lori have said most of what i was going to say, let me say this:

thanks for coming...anytime you guys come up its great fun. linda: i didnt even know it was you...wasnt sure until you took your helmut off later. sorry i didnt get to say good bye to you guys. looking forward to our next time together. is anyone from there coming down to the animae convention at the anaheim convention center? i will be working on saturday. if not...see ya all at comicon.

7. BenKnoB

BenKnoB Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2002
    Yeah Linda, traffic may have stopped for stormy Jason, but i'm pretty sure the hooting and honking was for the shapley lass in the black bodysuit waving her puple lightsaber. :)

8. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
  9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Pictures of the event compliments of Britt (bobafettmp), the Orange County FF Webmaster:

OC Event Pics

And Jason complemented me on my stance Saturday, he said I wasn't standing like a girl anymore... that made my day. :D

10. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Way cool pics! Thanks for the link, Linda.

11. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    Yeah, those are going straight to the photo album...with permission from the OC people, of course. ;)

12. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    go right ahead and use them. I think the pics turned out great. Also these are only pics our Webmaster took. We still have alot more from the other camera that were there as well. as soon as we get these uploaded we will let you all know.

13. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Looks like you guys had fun :)

Too bad my boots didn't show [face_mischief]

14. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Too bad my boots didn't show

Without a doubt THE lamest excuse for not showing up at an event.

15. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Sorry...I had a more important person to be with that night :)

[image=http://www.ocstarwars.com/multimedia/imagegallery/RelayforLife-2003/images/PICT4029.JPG]

Leave it to Jason to be hitting on the little girls [face_plain]

16. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I had a more important person to be with that night

Well....that's a perfectly GOOD excuse. Why go with the lame one?

Somebody teach this Padawan something.

17. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    /\/\
    That's definitely going in the album... :D

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    If I'm not mistaken, it was the Girl Scouts who were HITTING Jason. Kids like to come up and just whack Jason for some reason... happens wherever we go.

19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    girl scouts hitting jason in his stormie costume

*mumbles something about picking on people who are blinded by their allegiance to the empire*

or maybe it's one uniformed regime assaulting another!

20. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    blind alleigance!!

Anyways...they were hitting us IRG's also, then ducking to where we couldnt see them.

21. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    Yeah, I got whacked in the helmet a few times by some kid throwing a frisbee...almost went medieval on his @$$... [face_devil]

22. BenKnoB

BenKnoB Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2002
    Hey OCSWS Great pics, thank you for posting
    really had a great time,thanks again for having us.

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    It was our pleasure! I am so happy everyone enjoyed themselves. By the time morning came few of us were able to do much of anything. Thank you all so much for your help in this!

24. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I had a great time breaking in my new boots! :) Or was it breaking in my toes? Ah, either way, it was breaking something. Soreness in the feet aside, I had a blast!

Donna gets my nomination for Imperial Navigator... was wondering where she was headed instead of the freeway when we left! (opposite direction). ;)

25. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Well, since everyone made it home in one piece I couldn't have gotten too lost... [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.