Lit Could Zach Snyder's new film be about the ten Jedi sent to find the dagger?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JStepp, Jan 14, 2013.

1. JStepp Jedi Master

star 2
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/zack-snyder-developing-a-star-wars-film

Hmm it seems apocalypse set up a story line that would go hand in hand with this new movie.
    SPOILERS
    Remember at the end of Apocalypse Luke sends ten knights to find a weapon that can kill Abeloth permanently. The same weapon that was used to kill the Daughter and Son in the cartoon show.

Its even set sometime after Return of the Jedi. This is all just speculation on my part of course.
    Last edited by JStepp, Jan 14, 2013
    CeiranHarmony likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello Emperor: Community & Lit

Manager
    star 10
    Director of 300?

My guess is "The Seven Starkillers," then.
    Last edited by GrandAdmiralJello, Jan 14, 2013
    TheRedBlade and Gorefiend like this.
  3. Sith_Knight087 Jedi Master

star 1
    If it's a non-episode Star Wars film, does this mean it's more of a EU T/C-canon film?... or will it fall under G-canon ''film canon'' category because it is gonna technically still be a Star Wars film.
    Last edited by Sith_Knight087, Jan 14, 2013
  4. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    While 300 sucks... Sucker Punch is pure gold... Sucker Punch meeting Star Wars is epic pure win! Yeehaw! and a post-ROTJ EU movie to boot? oh please YES
  5. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Interesting that they're open to doing Star Wars "spin offs"... could lead to some great ideas. And bad ones, but that comes with the territory.

I actually feel Snyder did a fairly good job with Watchmen, all things considered, though it's worth noting I haven't seen it since it was in theaters and actually saw it before I read the comic, so I might feel different if I watched it now. 300 was okay. I never saw Sucker Punch, but going from the previews I had no desire to.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    No. No, it could not.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Jan 14, 2013
  7. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I definitely wouldn't hold my breath on this being the continuation of an EU novel, yeah...

... that said, Zach Snyder has shown that he's willing to be faithful to source material. There are definitely less likely directors to use the EU in some way. I wouldn't expect setting the entire movie around it, to the point where an audience couldn't follow it without picking up whatever book it's continuing, but I could see some shout outs.
  8. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Don't even joke about that, man, don't even joke.
  9. DarthApprentice Jedi Master

star 1
    Well this is kind of exciting. I really don't think this movie will be about the Jedi finding the dagger, but it does represent the possibility the EU wont be completely dismissed.... In my eyes, this is a good thing. :D
    CeiranHarmony likes this.
  10. Sith_Knight087 Jedi Master

star 1

Sorry, but I had too [face_dancing]
    instantdeath likes this.
  11. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, well this news scares me to no end.
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  12. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Still up in the air about Zach Snyder. Man of Steel may be the tipping point for me.
    krtmd likes this.
  13. DarthApprentice Jedi Master

star 1
    What about this news scares you, if I may ask?
  14. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't put it down to anything, but the possibility of these movies when (imo) they're not needed is hugely concerning for the EU. Furthermore, LFL hasn't given me much reason in the past to place faith in their ability in the visual medium.
  15. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    There are two ways you can look at it, really. Either it's exciting that the franchise is expanding, and could be a sign of interesting Star Wars projects to come, or it's yet another shameless method of milking the series for all it's worth. Both are equally valid interpretations, I'd say. I tend to lean towards the former, but I'm in danger of becoming an optimist these days.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Jan 14, 2013
  16. Zorkel567 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Maybe it'll fall under D(isney) Canon or M(ickey) Canon? :p

It is possible. Probable, no, but possible? yes.

Interesting news to say the least. I would love a focus on the ten Jedi sent to find the dagger, and could see that working. Maybe leave a reference to them in Episode VII, then release this one. Probably not, but one can wish.
    Last edited by Zorkel567, Jan 14, 2013
  17. Sith_Knight087 Jedi Master

star 1
    Last edited by Sith_Knight087, Jan 14, 2013
  18. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    JackG, CeiranHarmony and _Catherine_ like this.
  19. DarthApprentice Jedi Master

star 1
    Hmm, how disappointing...
  20. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    they were just testing fanreactions with rumors... nasty business tactic!
  21. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5
    Well they were certainly looking for the quickest way to get me not to watch it, Snyder is a hack and I really don’t care for Jedi. [face_plain]
  22. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    He better keep the squid in the picture this time!
  23. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Master

star 2

I feel the same, slightly queasy at the greed blinding artistic integrity, yet the writing has been on the wall, hasn't it. not even GL will stop tinkering. I guess it's the ultimate high to watch all these talented people soil their knickers over your creation, like watching children play with your toys.