main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Council Member Run-off for RMFF LIASION.........

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Sep 6, 2005.

?

Council Member Run-off for RMFF Liasion.........

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. COS VADER

68.8%
  2. MISTRESS

31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

These two fine RMFF individuals have volunteered for RMFF LIASION. Please vote for your choice to be included on the first RMFF Council.

2. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
  3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    can I ask liason to what?

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Mostly to the 501st, other FanForces, Lucas' kids, WOTR, ect........

5. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    As a platform, I believe that the RMFF and 501st (etc) deserve equal footing in sanctioned events. As a potential officer in both, I am always looking out for our interests and always do my best to put the RMFF and all of it's members in a good light.

I honestly love being in & actively participating in every group that I'm a part of, be it the RMFF, SCFF, Stargate Command's SG-14 Exec Officer, R2 Builder's Group, Rebel Legion, Replica Prop Forums, and the 501st (Mountain Garrison's Assistant Public Relations Officer & Special Operations Detachment Commander). In working within all of these groups, I am akin to the discrete politics that can help or hinder. I've worked hard with the 501st to work through the past issues we've had and think I've done a good job.

My aim is to ensure that we can all work together towards a noble goal - unite to celebrate our common love of Sci-Fi!

Kev

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Sounds kinda "Councilish" already, don't he? FLOL!

7. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Unless this race "tightens up" in the next twenty-four hours, I'll probably conclude it tomorrow. Get to votin', folks!!!!!

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    To reiterate my concern from the Presidential thread, as the Liason officer is a 'live' role as well as a 'virtual' (online) role, shouldn't we handle such an election at a meeting?

Or, do we have a majority of folks active online as opposed to live participation these days?

Again, I don't have a problem w/Kev in this position. In fact, I'm confident that he'd excel in it.

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Agreed, all council positions should always be decided by in-person vote, as has always been our custom and i'm pretty sure is documented in our handbook which obviously needs to be updated.

10. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I think more people are online vs any amount I have ever seen in person. ;) But only 12 votes out of 100+ people is a poor turnout.

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Today was the first time I even went into this thread...could have saved us all a bit of confusion. What I volunteered for was acting as a liason to the SCFF, not fandom in general. May be a moot point anyway, as Kev seems to be ahead, but just so yousa peeps are clear on that. Also, might be nice if the liason actually attended SCFF events (hint hint there good buddy) :)

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Nobody should subject themselves to the pain of attending every geek meeting. The man's gotta maintain some sense of normalcy! :eek:

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

That's precisely why I stipulated "....or their designee...." with regard to meeting attendance for COUNCIL members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.