main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count Dooku- Friend or Foe?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by hyperdrive29, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperdrive29

hyperdrive29 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    This would have to be Darth Sideous, Palpatine, the Emperor himself. It is clear that Dooku is playing him like a fiddle. I see no fear in him which leads to hate and anger leads to the dark side. He wants power, since he already has the title of Count because of the riches he has aquired,
    now he wants more, knowing what Darth Sideous has planned in the future. Dooku already said he has become more powerful than any Jedi. I'm sure he thinks he is invincable to anything that gets in his way. Why did he tell Obi-Wan to join him & together they can take out the Sith. Also he revealed that a sith by the name of Sideous is in control of the senate. He is planning something behind Sideous' back but I'm sure that Sideous already knows.

2. JMax

JMax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Perhaps that is how Palpatine lures Anakin as his right hand man... to defeat Dooku when he backstabs Sideous/Palpatine/Emperor. Anakin has no reason to doubt the Emperor yet and has been likely banned from the Jedi order for marrying Padme. Anakin already has a reason to kill Dooku for taking his arm.

ObiWan then must lure Anakin back away from the Emperor, who the Jedi COuncil has reasoned is dangerous. It is then ObiWan and Anakin have the fight near the pit. Anakin must then go through the longpath of recovery(becoming Vader) without knowing the outcome of Padme's pregnancy.

That's my take on the third movie without reading more than 2 or 3 threads on the forum here.

3. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I think he plans on winning the war and seperating from the Republic.

With Sidious defeated, he'd then take on his own Sith Apprentice and use him to help him rule his Confederacy (which he would no doubt turn into a dictatorship)

4. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Count Dooku proved that he was a foe to the Jedi, even after all of his years of service to the Jedi Order. He is trying to play Darth Sidious, but is Sidious too smart not to suspect that something is up with Dooku. In the OT, there was a hint that he knew that something wasn't right about Vader and a Sith master would be extremely wise to question their apprentices. The fact that Dooku isn't in the OT is proof enough that he will be decapitated by the Sith before it's all said and done.

But Count Dooku isn't a friend to anyone at this point. He's in it only for himself.

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
  6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I don't think he is either. He is sorted in between.

7. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    He's more of a Sith because he may just lure Obi-Wan then kill him!

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    At first, I believed Dooku was a "double agent", who willingly joined the Dark Side, but did so in the belief that the only way to defeat Sidious was to join him...

and I think this is still possible, but at any rate, I think it will be impossible for Dooku to turn back from the Dark Side.

And I agree that he is acting just like Vader in the OT - trying to get Obi-Wan (and maybe Anakin in Episode III?) to join him against Sidious.

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Dooku turned to defeat the Dark Side from within. I think though he is an enemy because the Dark Side has him now.

-Jedi Master Zax Starwalker

10. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    According to his bio in the RPG Core Rules, Dooku left the Jedi Order because his teachings that using the Dark Side of the Force was not dangerous if your intentions were good didn't go over so well with the Council. After that, Sidious played on his beliefs to corrupt him, and eventualy use him to lead the Seperatists.
    However, if we just go by what the films tell us, we're probably going to have to accept his actions at face value, simply because there won't be enough room in Episode III to flesh out the motivations of a character that probably won't be around too long.

11. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I think that Dooku is very clever, and that he would not become involved in something so risky, unless he knew that he had a very good chance that he would win. I definately see him as a Foe, even if he was playing a "double agent" and is still on the side of the Jedi, I don't think he would have stood willing by and watched so many Jedi die at his hands at the battle of Geonosis.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    But maybe Dooku believes in "the ends justify the means", or "you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs".

In which case, he would say that the Jedi deaths were a regrettable but unavoidable event.

13. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    No, he has been corrupted by the darkside, corrupted by greed. He has been corrupted by greed just as much as the senators he opposes have.

Just a random thought:
    Palps: The senators are corrupted, and are all bribed.

Dooku: The senate is corrupt and under the control of the Sith (The Jedi don't know how right he is)

Anakin: The Senate is corrupt, and they waste to much time talking. They should do what is right, even if it requires one person to say what is right.

trend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.