main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count Dooku: How much does he know?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by masterjedi747, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    This is actually a two part question, but it's been bugging me. :confused:

1) By ROTS, how much does Count Dooku know about Palpatine? Does he know that he really is Darth Sidious? In AOTC, he told Obi-Wan that Darth Sidious was influential in the Senate on Coruscant....but that could be almost anyone close to the Supreme Chancellor. Did Dooku know even this early on, or was he honestly telling Obi-Wan everything that he knew, because he really didn't know that much after all? And I did read Labyrinth of Evil, so I know that Dooku had spoken with Sidious before he went to capture Palpatine....but did Dooku actually know his secret identity? Or was Palpatine just keeping the whole big secret to himself? We know that General Grievous never knew....

2) Does Count Dooku really consider himself a Sith, or does he still just think he's a "true Jedi" who's doing the right thing? In AOTC, he had told that Obi-Wan that he could join him to help "destroy the Sith"....and from what I've read of the comics, he seems rather conflicted, never really wanting to admit it as a fact. I mean, obviously he did take the name "Darth Tyrannus", so he is a true Sith, but did he ever honestly admit that to himself before Anakin killed him?

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Count Dooku and is a character of the prequel trilogy only. Saga forum is for cross-trilogy discussion. It may be better to take this over to the Prequel Forum, they would be perfectly willing to discuss your interesting topic.

http://boards.theforce.net/Prequel_Trilogy/b10669/

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.