main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count Dooku Model?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by fireresq7, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Does anyone know if anyone has worked on making a model?

~Rory

2. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    no I don't know

3. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    i havent seen or heard about one, but thats not saying too much... google? not that it would be an easy thing to do a search for...
    i'd like to see one, if its accurate at least.

4. Dr. Jones

Feb 6, 2000
    ILM probably got one... ok, enough joke. What I mean is if you can't find a star wars stuff on Scifi3D, you'll hardly find it somewhere else, except stuff from expended universe. Zoo is always seeking for new meshes (sometime I tell him when I see great stuff, like this amazing yoda on CG talk last week), and if he had found one, it would be on the site, or the autor didn't want to share it (very often). Of course, maybe he missed something... good luck

And, also, this kind of stuff isn't very interesting to model if you're not making a fanfilm. If you model just for fun and want to make a star wars character, you would make vader, or jango fett, or yoda, not dooku... so if it's not on this board or fanfilm board, I don't think yo can find one sorry.

However, if you can proove I'm wrong, I'll apologize.

5. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    You're probably right Dr.Jones. I just needed a shot of him for my fanfilm. I wanted to mak e him a hologram...alwell I'll find a way.
    ~Rory

6. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I think you could probably find a production photo of the actor with a white background or something. And you could take that and make a hologram out of it.

7. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    What do you need a CG model of him for? Just call Christopher Lee up and ask him to help... duh!

8. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I think you could probably find a production photo of the actor with a white background or something. And you could take that and make a hologram out of it.
    Okay but how to I make his mouth move? Do I blur the crap outta him and just make is mouth move?

What do you need a CG model of him for? Just call Christopher Lee up and ask him to help
    LOL How can I forget...what's his number??

~Rory

9. Hart-Film

Hart-Film Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2004
    Okay how do I make his mouth move?
    Shoot him from behind!

10. Dr. Jones

Feb 6, 2000
    Okay but how to I make his mouth move?

You've never seen South Park?

11. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    LOOL yeah but I dont want a Count Cartman!

I like the behind idea!!! Thanks

Does anyone know where I can find some full still shots of him?

~Rory

12. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    you could try the Conan O'Brien approach...it looks rater primary but in a holographic effect and for short shots it might work.

All you would do is mask out his mouth with an alpha matte in Photoshop. Then video record a close up of an actors mouth that has a beard and layer it in behind your alpha matted Christopher Lee photo. It's a crude way to do it but it might be effective.

Later
    Steve

13. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Excelllent Idea! THANKS! Now all I need is to imitate his voice!

~Rory

14. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Depending on what you want him to say, take lines from the film.

or in fact any film starring christopher lee! Try and check out all the old hammer horror movies, there must be a ton of good lines in there.

15. Dr. Jones

Feb 6, 2000
    The problem if you animate mouth only, it will look fake, because it will be emotion-less. When you speek, all your face move. and a bad actor is someone who just say his speach, whose face is emotion less. It's also very hard in CG

16. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I wouldn't do anything. I'd use good hologram techniques, and interference to hide the fact that he isn't moving. Also... this guy is very sublte and doens't move much anyway. I think you could get away with alot on him.

17. William_G_Matthew

William_G_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    You could always try this: Get a good clear picture, crop it, and use the bud-lite making faces thing to make it come to life. Record the screen a voila, instant semi-realistic Christopher Lee.

Personally, I'd get an actual movie clip and dub over his voice though, but that could be legally pressing.

\__Will__/

18. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I know...I have been looking for some good Dooku shots but I have been unsuccessful...I will keep you guys posted.! If I find I will share with all!

~Rory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.