main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Count Dooku question

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Zurros Ka, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Why is Count Dooku the only Sith (we see), whose eyes don't turn yellow as a result of using the Dark Side?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think it's because his heart isn't Sith. He's unique to all others we see claim the title.

3. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    i dont think he fell the full way I think what he thought was doing was for the greater good

4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    yes I agree with CA and Mal :)

an OOU explanation could also be that Lucas didn't want to spoil the surprise he was a sith lord, as it was supposed to be ambiguous what side he was on.

5. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Well - then again some argue Count Dooku being more of a Dark Jedi rather than really a Sith Lord despite studying under Palpatine as his apprentice after Darth Maul and until Anakin was ready ... and the fact how he was given the moniker Darth Tyrannus ...

Then again Count Dooku was a Jedi for more than 70 years and at times he made references to the old days in the Jedi Temple and his Jedi Training and such - and given in a secret mission to Vjun where he and Master Yoda had talks ... and Master Yoda made anecdotes to the days they were still Master and Student ... and how Master Yoda in that illusion vision he had in The Lost Missions where he saw 'Master Dooku' and how Obi-Wan Kenobi enthusiastically was telling Master Yoda the time 'Master Dooku' was still Master Yoda's padawan and how they encountered many things including a terrible creature of a Terantatek on Kashyyk ...

But then again its also interesting where Count Dooku for a Sith Lord - he doesn't get 'Force-Happy' or downright as angry as most Sith compared to Palpatine or Anakin ... but he keeps his cool most of the time - even if he DOES get angry - its not like Anakin or Palpatine in an intensive FORCE RAGE/SCREAM or such ...

But its the thing like how - why is it Palpatine or Count Dooku or Anakin - why don't they have Sith Tattoos eh?

whostheBossk and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They're not Sith tattoos Maul has - but Nightbrother tattoos :D

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    at one point his eyes are yellow in tcw. also anakin's eyes are only yellow for a short time when he's doing very evil deeds.

8. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    True, I'm only just starting on TCW now so i didn't know that. Had just finished a SW marathon with the unaltered theatrical release, and it got me thinking.

Some excellent responses though :)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Hmm - that's interesting - VERY INTERESTING (ok ok - perhaps I sound abit like Jack Sparrow) BUT - I thought it was only AFTER he redeemed himself as The Chosen One and courtesy of Luke's help and intervention - his eyes returned to the Shade of Light Blue ... and at-times when he was battle damaged in the Darth Vader suit - one time in the Comics where he was hunting down Protocol/Order 66 Survivors ... his eye glowed Yellow and he asked Commander Appo 'WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE ...COMMANDER?!'

10. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm talking canon.

11. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Hello again! I see that you've read a number of my posts and such - BUT now that you mention it - BUT what about Ancient Sith Lords - given look at Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kreshh ... they applied Sith Tattoos on their faces and their devotion as a mark to the Dark Side of the Force ... AND actually now that this post thread is mentioned on Count Dooku being unusual for a Sith Lord - have you or has one noticed compared to MANY SITH LORDS he doesn't seem to have any physical or severe physical deformities of the Dark Side or as a result of your commitment to the Dark Side given look at:

1.) Palpatine - he felt how he was the 'very embodiment and essence of the Dark Side' and how it ravaged his body and made him look weak physically and aged him intensely - and the 'two face mask debate...'
    2.) Ancient Sith Lords - as I mentioned the Sith Tattoos and also how the Massassi Ancient Sith were more or less the same ...
    3.) Ancient Sith Lords like Darth Sion - the Lord of Pain - practically only his living soul and essence was held in by the Dark Side of the Force in rotting fragments and he was like a rotting corpse, Darth Nihilus - who didn't 'give a Force about the Sith' ... and he was the 'Wound in the Force' and his spirit bound only in armor like a Ringwraith...
    4.) Darth Krayt - once A'Sharad Hett yet later - he looks way different - so much from his Tusken Raider Roots ...
    5.) Many members of Darth Krayt's One Sith Order had Tattoos and such ...
    6.) Well there's Darth Plagueis - but then again he suffered the injury by the Maladian Assassins ...

BUT with Count Dooku - he doesn't have Sith Tattoos or painful agonizing physical marks indicating his commitment to the Dark Side of the Force ...

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Dooku joined the dark side out of logic and disgust for what the Republic had become. He was very adept at controlling his emotions, which meant not giving in to rage like Maul, Anakin or Palpatine did.

heels1785 and thejeditraitor like this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because Christopher Lee is already menacing enough.

On a more serious note, he get his "Sith eyes" in TCW (when appropriate).

14. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Just out of interest, what is Dooku doing when he gets yellow eyes in TCW?

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    IIRC, torturing Savage Opress during his training, for example.

16. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Read ROTS. Dooku is bristling with rage. He just retains his physical composure.

Not sure if his "uniqueness" is a reasonable excuse. By that argument none of the Sith have "Sith hearts" because they are all unique. Dooku was certainly an evil man.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelization version of Dooku is a bit of a sore point - some like it, some hate it and say it's nothing like the movie version.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

"The Clone Wars" is canon.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    It's the insight into Dooku we never get in the film.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That's how I see it, at least - there's some great moments in the novel.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think he was replying to The Sith Camp.

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    not what i was referring to. he was mentioning old comics which are canon no longer.

23. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Because probably 'Darth Dracula' or 'Darth Scaramanga' is probably too much of a Moniker of a Cliche to use ... :)

whostheBossk likes this.