main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count Dooku versus Darth Maul,who will win?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by mihaitzateo, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Count Dooku versus Darth Maul,who will win?

1. Dooku

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. Maul

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. It will be a stallmate

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    in the clone wars Maul never got the best of Obi-Wan unless he had savage do a a sneak attack, had rockets shot at his ship or something.

Dooku in tcw was about even with Obi-Wan. Dooku gets the win.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I may be wrong here, but Obi Wan was still a Padawan when he took out Maul, right?

If so, I would say that gives Dooku an automatic win.

If they actually met, I don't know how Dooku's style of sword-fighting would cope with a double-bladed lightsabre, but the amount of respect he had garnered within Jedi circles, I cannot see him being a pushover.

3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    He was only a padawan but name, Qui-Gon specifically said that Obi-Wan was ready to become a Jedi Knight. And no, Obi-Wan didn't take out Maul, he just cheap-shotted him when Maul thought Obi-Wan is unarmed, surprised him with Qui-Gon's lightsaber.

That's why even in the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan never defeated Maul, on the contrary, Maul beat him.

That's ABC logic, that doesn't work in Star Wars, Dooku's lightsaber form is very suitable against Obi-Wan. However Dooku is weak against strength based attacks and unpredictability, and Maul has these elements in duels.

Maul also beat Kenobi in here.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    A win is a win, doesn't matter how you get there.

Maul left himself open, did not employ situational awareness as to the location of any errant lightsabres - those things are still viable weapons - so, yeah, he got taken out.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    As this doesn't specify a sabre duel, it's Dooku every day and twice on Sundays. Maul wouldn't get near him.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Unless you say Dooku will surprise Maul with a cheap-shot when Maul thinks he is unarmed, yeah it doesn't count as saber duel.
    Maul is powerful as Dooku in the Force, just search his TCW feats.

7. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Didn't realise I had to do homework! I sense you're a Maul fan, somehow.

DarthIshyZ and Dandelo like this.
  8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Maul may have had acquired skills, but he was not polished in any of them. I know you're a Maul fan, so read Shadow Hunter. You'll see the real Maul in there.

9. Vectivus

Vectivus Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2016
    I would say Dooku, for a number of reasons.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Erkan12

I don't know how many lightsabre-to-lightsabre duels Maul has had before this hypothetical rumble, but you are not really giving the Zabrak a fair shake pitting him against Count Dooku.

He is already one of the highest-skilled practitioners of Form II Makashi, which was specifically designed for lightsabre-to-lightsabre duels; he can hold off four opponents; he is one of twenty jedi to receive a carved bust or statue.

I feel it unlikely that Maul would ever disarm him, and unlikely Dooku would ever find himself in a situation where he would need to "cheap-shot". On the other hand, both men were Dark Siders, which is practically the finishing school of cheap shots.

Now, looking at the Makashi page on Wookieepeadia, it looks like there is more chance of Dooku taking Maul down with "death by a thousand cuts" rather than a decisive swipe through the abdomen, as the style does not generate the kinetic force for that, and if Maul could hang on long enough, he could possibly overpower Dooku, but if he is relying on his double lightsabre being in places where Dooku's blade is not, he'll be disappointed.

I'm sure I read somewhere that fighting with a double-bladed lightsabre also has difficulty applying much power to strikes.

There is much more chance of Dooku owning Maul, than the other way around.

Your Zabrak would be much better served against an exponent of Shii-Cho, like Cin Drallig. He would probably shish kebab Kylo Ren. But Dooku? Come on...

Speaking of TFA, with Rey's bo staff skills, if she did get her own lightsabre, she should get a double-bladed one like Maul; it would be a natural extension of her existing skills and way more believable than what she did with Luke's blade in the film against a trained opponent.

asdjklghty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.