main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count Dooku

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by MortWindu, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    ok, i as well as of alot others know that Darth Maul is the best Sith of all, the battle between him, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon can never be topped, aotc proved that with its not so amazing battle with Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Dooku. I personally think that Count Dooku is by far the worst Sith ever, hes to boring and basic, the only cool thing about him is his style of light saber battling, but his character is very lame. its to bad Maul didnt get to last at least till aotc but Lucas could have done better than Dooku. now you've heard me...what do you think of Dooku? opinions/thoughts...

2. DarthDion

DarthDion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    in my opinion i give dooku a 5 on my sith scale i think darth vader and darth maul are the best bad guys ever !!!

3. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Dooku is just a pawn and doesn't even realize it. Sidious is just using him until it is conveinent to turn Anikin.

4. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Yawn!

That's all I have to say about dooku. Jedi (and therefore Sith) are supposed to be political, but he takes this WAY too far. I was upset that even Master Yoda couldn't keep him from escaping. It's a shame such a pointless Sith beat up Anakin and Obi-Wan.

5. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    My only problem with Dooku was that it felt like his character was just thrown in at the last moment. He seemed to come out of nowhere! It was like this blasty powerful Jedi just popped up. I think since he had such an important role in AOTC, he should have been introduced in TPM.
    As for his sith style, I think George just wanted to try something different. He knew he wasn't going to top Darth Maul, so he took a different route. It just kind of adds to the spectrum of characters.

6. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    Now I could be way off here... but I just thought of this. dooku is also known as tiberius, who was on the jedi council, or whatever. Obi-Wan found out that "Tiberius supposedly died 10 years ago" We know this because thats what Sideous called him at the end of the movie. Now to the point. If this guy (Dooku/Tiberius) was such an important jedi, why didn't we see him on the jedi council in Episode 1, which also occured 10 years ago? Puzzling eh?

7. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    My Bad. Dooku and Tiberius, (or however you spell it) aren't the same guy. Still, it makes you wonder where all these random jedi came from. I can't help it if I'm spoiler free! :)

8. JediBeldarine

JediBeldarine Jedi Master

May 29, 2002
    Here, I'll help in clearing up a few things. This contains spoilers if anything, possibly, has not seen the movie yet..

Dooku and Tyranus are the same person. Tyranus/Dooku was the one who recruited Jango Fett to be the "Father" of the clone army. At the end Sidious says "Welcome back Lord Tyranus." This confirms that Dooku/Tyranus are the same.

Now Sifo-dyas is another story. He was the Jedi Master who "supposedly" set up the clone army on Kamino, but, in reality, died 10 years ago.

Now piecing together what we know.. Here's a logical assumption as to the events in between TPM and AOTC..

1)Dooku is a Jedi, obviously unhappy with the fact that they serve such a corrupt government. He is looking for another way, a better way..
    2)Sidious, obviously upset at the loss of his apprentice, needs to find a new Sith.. and fast. So he recruits Dooku to his side. Tempting him with the power of the dark side.
    3)Dooku is recruited to find a suitable "father" for clones. He finds Jango Fett. He then goes to Kamino and commissions the building of the clone army under the name of "Sifo-dyas."
    4)Dooku returns to the Jedi Temple. Erases the Kaminoan files from the Jedi Holocron in the Library.
    5)In order for his deception to work.. Either he or Jango Fett kills the real Sifo-dyas
    6)Dooku leaves the Jedi Order, and marks the beginning of the new Sith apprentice.

Personally, I think Dooku ranks right up there with Vader. I didn't like Maul all that much. He had approx. 5 words in the entire movie, and just walked around snarling a whole bunch.

Dooku, on the other hand, is a marvelous politician. He tries to sway Obi-Wan to his side (in my POV, to overthrow Sidious and become the new Sith Master). The look on his face when he says "I fear it will be difficult to obtain your release" is just masterful. He plays both sides of the coin so well. He manages to be obedient to Sidious, while forging his own destiny, and playing the Seperatists as well.

In my book, he's head and tails better than Maul. The only thing Maul had going for him was his neat appearance.

9. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Thank you JediBeldarine.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think that whenever Lucas sat down to right the character of Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus he really added a fun twist to the whole "I am your father." bomb that he layed on us back in 1980. So complex is his back story that he is making us wait till the next movie to discover exactlly what he is up to. If you ask me, it makes the character that much more intersting.

And I'm so sick of going on the ATOC boards and reading Dooku is this, and Dooku is that. Qui-Gon is a Sith, Qui-Gon is a clone! Give me a break. I wish some of these folks would just read the AOTC visual dictionary. It would save so much space on the boards. In it, it talks of Dooku using the Sith Holocron to learn about the Dark side of the Force, and even talks about how other Jedi suspected that he was up to no good. Also, if anyone out there got a chance to read the screenplay that was leaked on the internet about three weeks before the toys came out, it contains a scene in which Jocasta Nu tells Obi-Wan that even she knew about Dooku's checking out Sith library books.

10. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    thanks for the indepth explaining on the background of Count Dooku, but he still is the lamest sith of all time, Maul didnt say much and that made him that much cooler, he didnt BS around and just went out and did his deal, Dooku on the other hand is old, boring, and does nothing but talk. yeah he messed up Anakin and Obi-Wan but even during that all you hear is "bla-bla-bla" from Dooku, and Yoda sure did seem to shut him up pretty quick...thanks little green guy (wish you could have knocked his head off though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.