main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count The Cost (what if Amidala and Obi-Wan were married)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by R U Sidious, Feb 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
  2. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    June the trick of the disapearing posts :( is not to have a story post be the last one on a page. Or use the numbers not the links from last post list.

I've had this problem too. It is the last post on a page that does the disapearing act so that the first post of the thread appears at top of pages. So every twenty-five or fifty posts maybe authors should put a blank post to keep the story post from being the last one on the page.

The whole thing is anoying. I tried to start a thread in the WR when it happened to me, but it was locked. (*Cough* one of the mods *cough* NOT the ones in charge of fan fic *cough* didn't think it was relitive to the writing board *cough*) [Rolly eyed smilie]

4. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Poor June. I feel her pain. :( *bangs the computer for emphasis*

5. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Time for a posty :)

6. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Once again I am saying I'm sorry for not posting more often. But the last couple of months beside what we normally do my husband had his wisdom teeth out. He was in a lot of pain. And it ended up almost being an emergency surgery 2 weeks ago because the pain was so bad he couldn't sleep. I had to take him into the emergency room on a Sunday morning to get a shot of pain killer. The oral surgen got called 3 times that weekend. So they worked him in on a monday. But he (R U Sidious) is healing up quite well and is back to eating fairly normally.

His only problem. Before the surgery he was in pain and couldn't eat. Now his body is spending a lot of energy healing. So he's lost more wieght. He's about 10 below where his lowest wieght should be. I feel so sorry for him. Me I gain weight no matter what. But I am glad he is feeling better and more like himself.

This is off the subject but what I just typed reminded me. There is a website called eharmony.

http://www.eharmony.com/core/eharmony?cmd=home

It's a matchmaking service that is Christan based. No we didn't meet that way. But Dr. Warren has been on TV lately talking about his book of how to find your soul mate. They have a list of 29 things that it helps to have in common.

When Rich and I got engaged we had been going to the same church for 6 years. We have a lot of things in common. When the elder who did our pre-marital counciling had us take an Value Evaluation Test. Out of 150 questions we answered all but 11 questions the same. And 3 of those we answered diferently because we interpeted the questions diferently. When we discussed them we agreed. The elder looked at us and asked well what do we talk about.

My point being we have never had major adjustment problems. To the point it took me about 4 years to be comfortable that there wasn't something wrong with us. I don't know maybe the ways we have adjusted to each other haven't been hard for us. After 14 years of marraige even people we just meet us see someting special. Cool huh? Anyway I was worried about my 6ft 4in. little Snookie with the eyes of blue. It's late I'm tired and feeling a little silly. It's just nice to have my talkative husband back. Even if he does want to talk when I want to sleep.

I really do have a post ready.

7. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    When I posted last night it took a long time to go through. Then I remembered my problems with Posting on Friday nights and desided to wait until today.

Obi-Wan reached out to the Force. He took his time in responding. He didn't want to say something he didn't believe.

"Kryztan, with what you have done as Hark Lee Dexter you have gained my respect. With what you did for Leona I feel indebted to you. For helping me release my anger and fears about Emma to the Force I thank you. But I can't say I don't still feel pain. As a Jedi I know that our focus is our reality. I am going to step out in faith and say I forgive you. It was one of my hardest lessons as a padawan learning that much of my focus was what I chose it to be. I am choosing to forgive you. But I can't say we are or ever will be friends again."

Kryztan's smile was sad. "Yes I remember that lesson. Unfortunately I caused a lot of pain before I truly grasped it. Dwell on the light and the light increased. Dwell on the dark and the dark increases. Obi-Wan we were friends but not really close friends. For us to be where we were before Emma's death is impossible right now. If you had said it was I would have known you weren't being honest with me."

"I can honestly say I trust you to help Gracie."

"Thank you. I will do my best. You do realize much of her recovery is up to her?"

"Yes. I know. But without Del and some of the other mind healers I wouldn't have been able to heal."

Kryztan shook his head in
    understanding. "Obi-Wan we both have lost a lot of people. Most of our Jedi family. In time perhaps we both can heal enough to be family again. If there's one thing I've learned as a mind healer. Is that like it or not, family is family even when members are at odds with each other." Obi-Wan nodded. Kryztan went on. "I never realized how much I still could sense the Jedi's presence in the Galaxy after all these years out of the fold. When the Temple was destroyed it felt as though my heart had been ripped apart. It must have been worse for you."

"I knew the moment it happened. It still seems unreal to me."

They were quiet for a few minutes. They settled into a meditative state. It was automatic from their years as padawans. Making a space to honor the members of their Order who had gone on to be one with the Force. They stayed that way until they heard a slight movement above them. It was no louder than the sound of a small insect scurrying across a carpet. Both men opened their eyes and exchanged a knowing smile.

"I think the reality of being a father to a disobedient teenager is about to hit home." Kryztan teased in a whisper.

"I know." Obi-Wan whispered back. "You know he's been up there just about the whole time."

"Yes. But since you didn't say anything I thought I would ignore him too." Kryztan cocked an eyebrow. "So what's the story with the boy. Kacey? Right?"

"Yes. He was raised here in the swamp by a woman who found him in the River of Life. Officially we are saying he lived with his mother until she died. Then he came to me. I know you can do the math. He's 15."

Kryztan didn't say anything. He didn't have to 15 meant Kacey had been conceived about the time of the Trade Federation Occupation and War.

Obi-Wan knew he didn't have to say anything more. They needed to get to Otta Gunga. But inside himself Obi-Wan suddenly felt uncertain about just how to be a father to Kacey. Kacey spoke of dreams where another boy was being hurt. "Kryztan?"

"Yes."

"Truth is Kacey is my clone."

That brought a shocked look to Kryztan's face. "That explains a lot. I still can sense a person's Force presence. You 2 are so similar. Until we landed and I saw there were 2 of you I thought you had come alone. But how?"

"When we get to Otta Gunga I'll give Marco and Leona permission for you to look at their findings about Kacey's creation. Do you know much about clones?"

"I know various theories."

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I hope RU is feeling better.

I hope none of those bad things that could happen to a clone don't happen to Kasey.

9. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "No but we are one in the Force so we know when something of the Light happens."

Awwww, June! That's such a lovely line! :) :) :)

10. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    great post! Poor Kacey!! DOOM!

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe that was so great June! :)

Up!

12. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    "Kacey?" Obi-Wan said as sternly as he could.

"Yes, Father." Kacey replied in a low voice. A voice that still insisted on cracking at the worst of times. He kept his eyes on the floor.

"Kacey! Look at me." Obi-Wan waited until the boy's eyes meant his. "Would you mind telling me what you are doing here?" Kacey looked back down at the floor. "Kacey, I want you to look at me when I'm speaking to you."

Kacey raised puzzled eyes to meet Obi-Wan's. "Even when you are angry with me?"

"Yes."

Krystan gave Obi-Wan a startled look "Take it easy. Remember what our friend down there said. The boy hasn't done anything terrible."

"He disobeyed me and he wont look me in the eyes. That tells me that there must be more than his just following us here."

Krystan raised an eyebrow. "Is that how you reacted when you weren't being truthful with Qui-Gon?"

"To some degree. He always made me look at him."

"Always?"

Obi-Wan found himself irritated by Krystan's interference. "Don't you ever step out of mind healer mode? Kacey is my padawan and my son. I will discipline him as I feel best."

"Obi-Wan I don't have to be a mind healer to know that Kacey is very confused."

Obi-Wan looked back at Kacey. The confusion on his face was obvious. Anakin had often looked away when Obi-Wan had questioned him about his actions. Raised in the Temple Obi-Wan had been taught to look down as a sign of submission and respect. Obi-Wan had assumed Anakin was searching his soul to find the answer to the question. In retrospect Obi-Wan suspected Anakin had not been soul searching. Instead he had been looking for away around the complete truth. A manipulation of the facts. From a certain point of view, Anakin's answers were honest and truthful. Kacey looking away was irritating him now. He didn't want Kacey doing the same thing. Kacey hadn't developed a Jedi demeanor or mask yet. ~ "The eyes are the window to the soul." ~ An old saying but usually true. Obi-Wan wanted to see what was going on in Kacey's soul.

For Kacey's part he had no idea why this man who had just been fighting with his father was trying to ? protect? help? him. Curious. Why would a stranger do that? Mater had always said strangers would want to kill him. Kacey looked down at the floor again. Then back at Obi-Wan. He really didn't know where to look. Eventually his eyes landed on the stranger. Which was even more confusing. He felt angry at the man. Kacey knew this man had hurt his father deeply. He had felt the anger between the 2 earlier. But now there was a strange acceptance? and peace? Kacey also felt grateful that the man was trying to help him.

When Kacey's eyes settled on him, Krystan prompted. "Kacey, why do you look at the floor when you think you are in trouble?"

"Mater, never wanted me to look at her when she was angry with me. She said I needed to learn to be humble. I would come to a bad end if I wasn't humble." Kacey hesitated a minute. Obi-Wan and Krystan could see something had triggered a memory for Kacey.

"What is it, Kacey?" Krystan encouraged the boy to continue.

"I remember sometimes she would kind of go off into a world of her own. She spoke with someone I couldn't see. I think it was her mother. She told her," Kacey closed his eyes. The words came slowly. "If other's see his eyes change color they will torture him for the secrets of his people." Kacey shook his head and looked back at Krystan and Obi-Wan. "But I didn't even know who my people were. Mater said she would kill me herself first. That way I couldn't be tortured. I wasn't very big at the time. She was fixing dinner. She had a big knife in her hand and was chopping something up. I ran to the garden. I would have run away. Qui-Gon stopped me. He said Mater would never hurt me. She was having a bad memory about how her family had been hurt. The person she was talking to would help her like he did me. I was still scared though. I knew Qui-Gon couldn't keep her from killing me. I figured the

13. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  14. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    excellent post June!

My favorite line =
    "Well that went well." Krystan observed in a sarcastic tone. "The boy is obviously dreading the discipline you have chosen for him."

15. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Anakin paced his room. 8 hours of surgery. 1 day or was it 2 unconscious. 2 more days in the infirmary with bacta patches on his arm/wrist area. 3 days ago they had assigned him to this room near the infirmary. He had gone 4 times a day to have therapy so he could learn how to work his new hand. The therapy was over and there was no place he had to be today. In essence Anakin was going stir crazy. It hadn't escaped his notice that there were guards watching his every move. He asked to see Gracie she could always make him feel good. Almost as good as "His Padme" used to.

He knew what Rann Core and his cohorts had done to the girl. Anakin also knew she had to be here in Otta Gunga. He was told she was in the infirmary but she was refusing to see anyone except a few healers.

"Few healers." Anakin scoffed. He could see Gracie in a room with Obi-Wan and a man he didn't know. Anyone non Force sensitive wouldn't have been able to see exactly who was in the room. For Anakin it was easy. He shielded his presence and watched the room. It was almost like watching a silent holo-vid. Gracie had a haunted look to her. At first glance he hadn't realized it was her. She was so thin. Not the healthy blooming girl who had spent most of one night in his bed. When was that? How long ago? Not long enough that there should be such a great difference in her appearance. What ever the bastards had done to the child it had been bad. The beautiful innocence he held that night was gone. For a few days after that night he had moments where he felt guilty. Guilty for teaching the girl things she should have learned in a marriage bed. But he justified his actions with. "She had to learn from someone someday." Now he felt self righteous.

~ "I stopped when she became frightened. How dare they hurt my Gracie. Rann Core is dead. I will find out who the others were and make them pay." ~

The boy who had cut his hand off came to Gracie's room entrance. Gracie pulled the hood to her robe over her face and turned from him. Obi-Wan acknowledged ? What was his name? Kacey? That's it. Kacey Wan Kenobi. Now there was someone else who would pay someday. Not now. Obi-Wan was sure to stay close. Even now Anakin really didn't want to go up against his old master. Someday he would. But not now. Especially with this hand. Not until he was sure about how well it worked. He had to admit already there were times he would forget it wasn't his own. But most often he could hear the slight hum of servos as he opened and closed it.

~ "Besides you are still a boy, Kacey Wan Kenobi. Going after you now wouldn't be much of a challenge. Even with one hand. But someday Kacey Wan Kenobi you will pay for what you did to me. In fact you will pay many times. First time we meet I will cut off one of your hands. Just like you did to me. Then I will leave you. I will catch you unawares in a remote place and leave you. If you survive that we will meet again and again. Until I have hacked your extremities down to nubs. Then I might finally kill you. Making you my apprentice would really be justice served to Obi-Wan. Especially after the way he stole my Padme's heart from me. Not only once but twice." ~

As Anakin thought these things he saw Obi-Wan hug Gracie. He pulled back her hood a little and kissed the girl on the forehead. Obi-Wan motioned for Kacey to follow him. But the boy hesitated. He said something to Obi-Wan and seemed to ask the other man a question. Both older men nodded. Kacey walked over to Gracie who had pulled her hood back up to hide her face. She stood with her back to Kacey.

Anakin thought. ~ "What are you doing boy? Don't you see she wants nothing to do with you?"

But Kacey said something and gently put a hand on Gracie's arm. He turned the girl to face him. Letting go of her he lifted both hands and pushed back the hood. Gracie tried to turn away from Kacey and pull up the hood. Kacey was too fast. Gracie's face was cupped in his hands. Her hands rested on his

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Anakin needs a smack down, soon. :mad:

I hope Gracie doesn't fall for his B.S. but I have a BAD feeling she will.

17. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Before coming to this room Gracie was truly considering trying to figure out a way to meet with Anakin. Many of the things Lord Sidious and the others had told her were coming to her mind. If Uncle Ben didn't want her for his harem perhaps Anakin would. Anakin would be better than a future of numerous men. Uncle Ben had said she didn't have to go back to Lord Sidious. But if he came what could Uncle Ben do? She was Lord Sidious' slave.

Now she stood looking across the water and talking to Anakin. She had worshipped him for so many years. He did really care for her. He had been a slave he would understand how she felt. He would stop Lord Sidious from taking her back. If she asked him to Anakin would kill Lord Sidious and all those other men who had hurt her. She wished now she had run away with Anakin when he asked. Those men would never have caught her in the first place.

Yet there were things kept her from saying yes to Anakin. First was her promise to Uncle Ben. She still trusted him and wanted to believe what he had said about her getting better. He said she was still his "Pretty One". She was thankful to be home. She knew her family loved her the same as before. The thing was now she didn't feel she deserved their love. She was no longer who they had loved. She didn't want to do anything to hurt them. Going to Anakin would defiantly hurt her parents and worry the rest of the family.

Then there was Kacey. Why did she feel such a strong connection to him. Gracie looked down at the flower in her hand. Kacey was so gentle, sincere and honest. When she had first met him she had felt an attraction but in her mind and heart he paled next to Anakin. He was still part boy in body. Muscular for his age but not as developed or near as tall as Anakin. It might have been fun to try out a few of the things Anakin had taught her. That's all she wanted from Kacey was some fun and maybe some practice. She was waiting for Anakin to change his mind about her. Maybe if she was with someone else first Anakin would like her better.

The scent of the Lilac in her hand reached her nose. Gracie thought of what Kacey had said about the Lilac tree in Theed.

"No. Anakin I can't." Gracie pulled the head set off and quickly disconnected the link. She had too if she hesitated she knew she would say yes to the man she adored.

Anakin stood in shock looking across the water. He saw Gracie sit down at the table across from the stranger. She had said no! He couldn't believe it. No woman other than his Padme had ever turned him way.

Gracie looked at the man across from her. "I suppose you want me to talk about what happened?"

"Only if you want too." Krystan assured the girl.

"I don't want too. Are you going to say I need to, to heal?"

"Talking about how you were tortured will only help if you are ready to talk."

Gracie was surprised. "I thought mind healers always wanted you to talk about things you didn't want to talk about."

"I wont force you right now."

"That sounds like someday you might."

"When you are ready."

Gracie was still skeptical. "So why am I sitting here with you? I understand you are a famous mind healer. Why are you wasting your time on me?"

"I don't think your a waste of time. Leona and Obi-Wan don't think YOUR a waste of time. We can talk about other things."

Gracie frowned. She hadn't missed the man's emphasis on the word "YOUR". He wore a neutral mask similar to the Jedi Masters. She couldn't tell what he was thinking behind the mask. "What kind of things? My perfect childhood in the Temple? How much my family loves me? How Aunt Padme is really my mother?"

Gracie's tone was sarcastic. She obviously didn't want to be here. But most of his clients didn't at their first session. "We can talk about more neutral things if you want." Krystan pulled a sprig of lilac from the vase. "Kacey said something about the lilac tree in Theed. It's a beautiful tree."

"Yes he said I was still just as beautiful."

"Even thou

18. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  19. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Ooooh, this is interesting! :D :) I wonder what will be said between the two of them? Nice work June! :)

20. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Haven't had a chance to read all the parts because I am on my way to work, but what I have read so far looks good. Can't wait to read the rest of it and more if it's not done yet.

~~Jilly

21. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Hate to dissapoint you Jem but I was thinking of leaving Krystan's history there.
    I figured anyone who's read your stories know what happened between him, Jemmy and Obi-Wan. So what do you think should I tell some of Krystan's history?

Wow I've been seeing some new readers lately. Welcome to the boards Jaina.

22. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    and..........???? excellent set of posts!

23. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I need to let everyone know I'm still here and there is a lot more to write on all my stories. Between Darth Real Life and other obligations I haven't had time to write.

24. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Anakin couldn't believe it. Gracie had not only turned him down but cut him off. The anger boiled inside Anakin. He could barely keep it in control. But he wasn't in control of it. His anger was in control of him. It seethed and ranted and raged inside him. It tapped into the energy of the Dark Side. Anakin felt a power that was even more intoxicating than his Padme. So instead of pushing it away or pulling back from it Anakin opened himself to it. Instead of holding back or quickly tapping into the Dark Side. Anakin immersed himself as never before. He was so consumed he didn't hear or sense someone in his room. Finally a female voice reached him and drew him out. The voice was familiar. It was his mother's voice! She was here!.

"Ani, Ani, are you all right?"

Anakin's eyes flew open.

Tanya sighed in relief. "I'm sorry I didn't want to disturb you. I heard some thing break I thought you might have fallen."

Anakin looked down. The communications console was in pieces. The head set he had been wearing was crushed in his artificial hand.

"I was meditating." Anakin answered bending the truth. "I guess when I released my anger I focused on the console."

Tanya wasn't completly convinced. She had a look on her face that was a replica of one his mother used to get when she didn't believe his explanations. When did Tanya grow to look so much like Shimi. When did Tanya grow into such a beauty. Such a woman. Gone was the gangly girl he had always seen when he looked at her. Before him stood a tall, long legged enchantress. A bit thin now but in 2 or 3 years when she filled out some? The screaming red hair was now a dark mahogany. The blue eyes were now brown. Anakin pushed the thought aside. She was his sister he shouldn't think that way. But was she "really" his sister. A part of Anakin had always doubted it. Never really wanted to believe it. A thought came to Anakin.

~ "You know in some cultures it is perfectly fine, even prefered to breed with ones half sister. Think how strong such a child would be in the Force." ~

Anakin staring at her made Tanya nervous. "As long as you are OK I'll be going." Tanya turned to go.

"Tanya! Wait!"

"What is it?"

"Where are you going?

"Up above. It's an unusually warm day for this early in Spring. Some of us are going swimming." Tanya hesitated but went ahead and asked. "Would you like to come with us?"

"Will that boy be there?"

"Which boy?"

In answer Anakin raised his artificial hand. Tanya didn't have to be Jedi to sense Anakin's anger.

"OH! Kacey. No. He's with Uncle Ben. " She didn't have to say more. But Anakin's reference to his hand made Tanya want to direct his thoughts some where else. "It's only going to be us kids." Surely Anakin wouldn't want to spend time with a bunch of teenagers.

Nothing could have surprised Tanya more than Anakin's answer.

"Sure. I'd like to spend some time with you." For the first time in his life Anakin consciously acknowledged Tanya's beauty. "Maybe we can get a chance to spend some time talking. Alone."

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oooooh, Anakin! You cut that out at once, do you hear me? Have you learned nothing! Silly boy! *slaps Anakin about the face with a frozen haddock*

Welcome back June! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.