main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count The Cost (what if Amidala and Obi-Wan were married)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by R U Sidious, Feb 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
  2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    I changed the title by adding my last posting date I want to see if it shows up on the index or title page

3. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    please don't forget about this!!

4. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Forgeting my first story would be like forgeting my first love. I never will. It's just my life has been so hectic. Holidays, a home Jewelry party, a back log of sewing I want and need to do, Church, trying to exercise to keep my heart in shape(haveing triple by pass surgery once is enough), and of course work.

The weather has been nasty this year. That means a lot of wet mopping on top of the mess the students and staff leave for me to clean up. To make matters worse I have been fighting colds, the flu and strep throat for the last 3 months. So a good portion of my off work time I haven't even felt like sitting at the computer and if I did I couldn't consentrate enough to write. It took me a month to get my last post up.

Really I'm not sure where the last 3 months have gone. Is it me or is time moving faster. Before Sunday I need to write the news letter for my Sunday School Class. Plus I promised a letter to a friend of my mother's in Austraila to up date her on the family and I need to get a letter off to my best friend from childhood. I'm writing just not on here.

It's late I'm rambleing. But are there less hours in a day than there used to be. Seems like I hear from everyone they are haveing a hard time finding time to write. Here's wishing everyone time to write.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That's alright June. Matters of real life should come first. We'll gladly wait for the next part. I've been following this story as much as I can for a long time. I for one don't intend to stop reading anytime soon because it's author gets busy once and awhile. I'm sure everyone's been in that place to know. ;)

I'm sorry I don't reply much, but know I do follow your story still, and quite happily so. :)

6. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    :D This story is one of my "first loves" too! I'm glad you won't forget. I can certainly be patient!

7. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Here's the post I promised.

While Anakin got ready Tanya contacted Richie.

"What do you mean Anakin's coming? The Hideaways are here. This was a chance for us to get to know each other. For the knew kids to get more comfortable around Gungans. Most of the new kids never talked to Gungans before their parents sought sanctuary."

"I know that. I haven't forgot the purpose of we 'Kids' getting together."

"So why did you invite him?"

"He's lonely Richie."

"Anakin lonely? He has too high opinion of himself to be lonely."

"Richie don't be so.. Oh I can't think of a word for what your being. Critical. Judgmental." Tanya thought a minute. "Look he's never seen the Hideaways. He can't possibly know every teenager who's family decided to stay and not go to the new planet."

"I'm not being critical or judgmental. Well, maybe a little judgmental. As far as his knowing which kids families choose to stay he's a Jedi. He's bound to sense something is not right. Or remember something later and tell the Chanc- Emperor."

Tanya knew Richie was right. But she was angry at the way he was talking to her. Like she should have checked with him first and got his permission. Tanya took a deep breath and let it out along with her anger. "Our mother always wanted Anakin and I to be closer. He was always an outsider at the Temple. I just thought if he spent some time with us he would feel more at home. Richie I want to spend time with him."

"Well I don't want you to. He's dangerous, Tanya. Everyone feels it. Why don't you? You know Uncle Ben told Gracie -"

"I'm not Gracie." Tanya snapped back. "Uncle Ben just wanted her to stay away from Anakin. He never told me to. He's my brother. He's not dangerous. Not to me, at least."

"Tanya, you told me yourself how he never wanted anything to do with you. Everyone in the O'Shawn has been warned to be careful about what they say to Anakin. He's convinced you he's lonely and needs his little sister. I still say it's dangerous to get too close to Anakin."

"Maybe he does need his little sister. Maybe I just needed to grow up to be more his equal so he could talk to me. Maybe if people got closer to him he wouldn't be walking on a tight rope between the light and the dark sides of the Force. Maybe he needs me to see the path that can draw him back to the light side of the Force."

"That's a lot of MAYBES. They may not fly come winter."

Tanya gave Richie a look that said she didn't appreciate the comment.

Richie called one of his Gungan cousins over. They whispered something Tanya couldn't hear even with her Jedi hearing. "OK. Go ahead and bring Anakin. We'll have half the Gungans go to another cove with the new kids. It's hidden. If you didn't know it was there I don't think you'd find it. It's hidden like the houses are hidden. We'll have Beger watch the entrance to the hidden cove. He can warren them to hide if a stranger does discover the cove."

"That dragon snake will do what you tell him?"

"He's not just a dragon snake." Richie said somewhat irritated with Tanya. "He's Beger. I don't order him around. He is not my servant. He is my friend. A friend I know I can trust."

"Here comes Anakin we'll be right up." Tanya cut the transmission and smiled at Anakin. "We can take a bongo to the surface if you don't want to swim that far."

"Great as long as I get to drive." Anakin smiled his wonderful smile back at her.

8. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I know I haven't posted in a while but maybe it wasn't seen.

9. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    woohoo! Thanks for the heads up, june. I usually check CtC once a week, on Mondays, so I would have had to wait a while for this one!

:D

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Uh oh, Anakin and Tanya. Sounds like the classic "I love him and I can change him" type scenario -- not good! Richie is right not to trust him, and to send the children and Gungans somewhere else.

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the PM June. ;)

Things are looking interesting for Anakin now. :)

12. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    You posted!!
    ::Comes out of the woodworks to do a little dance::

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I have a baaaad feeling about this.

14. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I just want to let people know my nephew Kaark has started working on his story again. After a 3 year hiatus. It's called The Ill Jedi.

The day had gone quickly. It also went much better than anyone had expected. When they had had to split into two groups everyone wanted to go with the new kids. After a couple of hours excuses began to be made about getting home to study or do chores. Richie and his cousins knew most were leaving to sneak around to go to the secret cove. Anakin didn't seem to notice. He spent all his time close to Tanya. In fact he spent the whole time wit his eyes glued to Tanya. Talking to her, hanging on her every word and touching her a lot. A situation Richie didn't like. Thing was Anakin never touched her inappropriately. But before today the only time Richie had ever seen Anakin pay attention to Tanya was when he and Uncle Ben had played "Toss the Baby". Really it should have been called levitate the babies. A game Richie knew upset the women in the family. It was one of the few fond memories Richie had of Anakin. The all the "Babies" loved the game. Richie knew what it was like to be a bird during those games. Today Anakin was hugging Tanya, dunking her in the water, patting her on her back or knee.

The sun would set within the hour and everyone had left the lake except Richie and Begger. He lay stretched out on Begger's head floating in the water. "We should really stop calling the new kids 'the new kids'. We are all one people now." Richie said scratching one of Begger's ears.

"Mesa thinkin yousa correct , Cousin."

Richie turned to see Bil Tim's oldest son Joe Joe climbing on to Begger. Fast on his heals was Kacey.

"Why yousa still up here?" Joe Joe asked as he and Kacey settled themselves on Begger.

"Oh, mesa just didn't feel like going down below. Though I suppose I should so Begger can go eat."

"I wonder how deep Begger goes to eat. I've never seen him eat any of the fish near Otta Gunga or near the Gungan fishing grounds." Kacey observed.

"Popwesa said he didn't even know though Begger is usually gone 2 or 3 hours. So it must be pretty deep." Richie said.

"Mesa think Begger enjoy being free to go swimmin in deep water and eatin big fish." Joe Joe observed. "Maybe fish we eat too small for him now."

"I think you are right Joe Joe. He had to survive in that tunnel a long time on the small fish that came in the small holes the water came in." Richie thought a moment. "He was so skinny when he got here. I wonder how much longer he could have lived in that small space."

"Well you'd never know he had been starving now. Look at the belly he's getting." Kacey slid down to what would be that area and started lightly scratching Begger. The dragon snake's spine shivered a bit. He took off across the lake wiggling and making a laughing sound.

All 3 boys held on the furious ride joining in Begger's laughter.

"Stop it Kacey!" Richie and Joe Joe laughed together.

"But he likes it. I can sense it." Kacey protested.

"We know but it's time to stop." Richie laughed. "We all need to catch our breath."

"Begger isa better than a carnival ride at a fair." Joe Joe chortled.

"What's a carnival ride? What is a FAIR?" Kacey inquired. 'To be fair' is an action. Or pretty like Gracie."

"A Fair is like a big party or festival." Richie explained. "We used to have them all over the planet through the summer and fall. The biggest for the Naboo was in Theed and the biggest for the Gungans up above Otta Gunga. People would bring all kinds of things to sell or trade. Things they grew or made. They would compete to see who's was the best."

"There would be all kinds of rides. A Canival ride isa big, fast ride at a Fair." Joe Joe explained. Kacey frowned. "It's like riding Begger only it's a machine."

Kacey still frowned unable to comprehend a mechanical Begger.

"I think Uncle Ben is just going to have to take you to an amusement pa

15. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  16. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    beggar sounds like fun!

i *REALLY* don't like anakin. he makes my skin crawl....

:) Thanks for the post!

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, Beggar sounds like fun -- and useful, too, if he's going after Tanya. Now let's see, he discovers Anakin and Tanya at the lakeside, about to do something that they're not supposed to do, Beggar decides that Anakin is a big fish, bites him in half, and everybody lives happily ever after. :) Well, except Beggar, because he'd probably have a bad taste in his mouth after that foul meal. ;)

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Lol! Nobody like's Anakin. 8-}

Those were great posts! :)

19. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Well you might say I am a little biased here, since June is my adorable soul-mate and spouse, but this story is really great! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I still say Sidious and Palpatine are the same person! LOL!

20. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I like Anakin and I still beleive there is some good in him, maybe June will find some excuse for him to redeem himself and avoid becoming Vader-just hoping. :)

BTW I noticed that Obi fans hate Anakin with a vengeance but Anakin fan's don't hate Obi as much.

I mean I feel for both of these guys, they both had their problems and thier lives were shattered and wasted. Though whose to blame, well that's another bed of hornets I don't want to disturb. Maybe it was destiny.

June this is one of my most loved stories and though my reading has come to almost nil-I have to keep up with updating five fics-this is the one fic I check for on a daily basis.

21. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Thanks Lightsaber. 5 Fics WOW! I have a hard enough time trying to keep 3 going.

"Richie! Joe Joe! Kacey! Answer me!" Leia called into her communicator. Fortunately she was in an alcove away from most of the family.

"Marmee, What is it?" Obi-Wan asked.

She should have known Obi-Wan would sense anything concerning Kacey before the other parents. Leia looked over the rest of the family gathering in small groups. All the adults had been glancing between the clock and the door for the last half hour. They all knew Kacey, Joe Joe, Richie and Tanya were quite capable of taking care of themselves. But if not for Gracie, Kacey would have been kidnapped too. Having Begger to on guard helped. Still everyone grew nervous when someone was missing now.

"Kacey and Joe Joe found Richie but not Tanya or Anakin. Now they aren't answering me."

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and reached out along his tentative new bond with Kacey. Obi-Wan got back a picture from Kacey's point of view of the ride on Begger. The clarity startled him. When Obi-Wan opened his eyes the rest of the family had gathered around.

"It's all right the boys are not in danger at the moment. Begger is taking them to Tanya."

"Ben, is Tanya with Anakin?" Amidala asked.

"I don't know."

Leia hated to say it. "I'm guessing he is. Richie said they left the lake together and should have been back here an hour ago."

"Yousa know where boyos are?" Boss Nass asked Obi-Wan.

"Not exactly. But I can follow my bond with Kacey and-"

"No." Amidala interrupted. "I know you can do that, Ben. But it will take time. Time we may not have. If Tanya is with Anakin I have a good idea where he has taken her."

"Where?" Richarde asked.

"Where he took me." Amidala answered simply. "This is something that I have to face Anakin about. To stop him from harming anyone else. To make him see how he hurt me. That it was wrong. I'll be back in a little while with Tanya. Tell the boys to come home." Amidala headed for the door.

Before objections could be made Obi-Wan raised a hand. "I'll go with her. Anakin is still my responsibility. I think the boys are too busy holding on to Begger. When they stop they'll call you." With that Obi-Wan darted after Amidala.

"Yousa think Boyos call when desa stop?" Boss Nass asked the family.

Richarde and Bil Tim exchanged a look.

"They are our sons." Richard said hesitantly.

"They yousa grandsons." Bil Tim added.

"What do you think Dear?" Leia asked her husband. "Will they call us?"

Boss Nass sighed. "Mesa think boyos think they more grown up than they are. Mesa think boyos much like Popwesas and Grand Popwesa." Boss Nass put a hand to his chin. "Mesa think boyos call but not come home or wait for help. They try to locate Tanya on own. If Joe Joe in water wesa find him like yousa find children on land, Planet tell us. Come Bil Tim, we call 12 men on duty. We go up on lake. Dat way we available quick."

"Popwesa?" Bil Tim began.

"Yousa no thinkin you leavin me here. Mesa not so old." Looking over at Richarde, Boss Nass added. "Yousa stayin here to lead People. If we no return."

"Me?" Richarde said in shock. "But I'm not Gungan. More of the People are Gungan. Bil Tim should-"

"NO!" Boss Nass said firmly. He shook his head and pointed a finger at Richarde. "Isa no more Gungan. Isa no more Naboo. All one People now. Yousa King. Yousa son of 2 kings. Yousa son of Papa and mesa. You mesa oldest son. You lead People someday. Prophesy say sosa. Son of 2 Kings will lead People to Avalon."

Richarde looked over at Bil Tim. "Do not worry brother. I never told anyone but I dreaded the day I would have to take Popwesa's place. It didn't feel qualified somehow. When he and Marmee married I remembered the Prophesy. I've known for a long time. Didn't you have this prophesy in Naboo tradition?"

"No, I've never heard it before." Richie said still stunned by the idea of leadin

22. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    I really like how you join the Gungan and the Naboo together!

Go on! Find them!

23. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Go Richarde, oh, wait a minute, that's me!

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    The cave! Oh no! He's taking her to the cave! I don't even want to think about what's on Anakin's mind. I do hope Ami gets there in time before he does any thing stupid.

25. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Upping in hopes June might have a new post maybe ?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.