main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Count The Cost (what if Amidala and Obi-Wan were married)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by R U Sidious, Feb 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    And get rid of the phantom end of page post to boot ;)

2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Begger stopped in a large lagoon. It was lush and dense with greenery like all coves in the Swamp. A 30 ft. water fall fed into it. It flowed over graduated steps of sparkling black rock. From the top of the fall, the water fell at a 20 degree grade. Then it sharply fell at 90 degrees for 7 or 8 feet. The rest of the way down the water ran over the rocks at more or less a 10 degree grade. So it gently entered the lagoon's pool. Begger stopped at the bottom of the waterfall. He wiggled slightly to stay this spot.

The trees didn't have their summer leaves yet. A beam from the setting sun found an opening. It landed on the waterfall and surrounding area. Tiny crystals imbedded in the rock and the spray from the fall reflected rainbows into the lagoon.

"Wow!" All 3 boys said in wonder.

"Have you ever seen anything like this before?" Joe Joe asked.

"Only in my dreams." Kacey and Richie said together.

"You've dreamed about a place like this?" Richie asked.

Kacey nodded. "When I was small. But it was filled with music and laugher. This seems sad somehow. Empty."

"As children we were told it was what the planet was like when it was new. When the Great Ecallaws ruled the planet."

Begger sniffed the air and roared.

"Is he trying to tell us that Tanya is at the top of the waterfall?" Kacey asked.

"He smells her scent and that seems to be the direction." Richie said looking up.

"That means up wesa go." Joe Joe added.

But instead of the boys climbing up the slippery ledges Begger rose out of the water to the ledge where the sharp angel of the tiers stopped. Behind that part of the fall there was a ledge wide enough to stand on. The rock scooped into a hidden opening. There was room for all 3 boys but it only went back about 5 feet. On the back of this small enclave there was a narrow crevice. Back outside Begger whimpered and nudged his head to say that Tanya was in there.

Kacey shook his head. "Sorry Begger, Tanya may be in there somewhere. But we can't get to her. The opening is too small."

With that Begger slapped his tail on the rocks. He clawed at the ledges and roared trying to beak down the wall of stone that separated him from Tanya. But the stone was not even chipped or scratched. It took all 3 boy to calm the large beast. But even when he was calm Begger continued to whimper and whine. The boys gently stroked Begger's head.

"He says it is like when Erome was lost." Kacey said the images forming clearly in his mind.

Joe Joe saw too. "He was too small to help then. Now he is big and can not help Tanya."

"If he was small now as he was then he could fit into the hole to help her." Richie looked at the crevice. "Back then he was shorter than I am but he was well fed and kind of chubby."

"How do you know that?" Joe Joe asked.

"I don't know. I just do." Richie replied. "I wonder."

"Wonder what?" Kacey watched Richie closely. Richie rose and walked to the crevice. "Just what are you thinking of doing?"

"Begger says this tunnel leads to Tanya. I'm going to go find my wife." Richie slid sideways into the opening.

"Richie wait! Have you got your communicator?

Yes. But I don't know if it will signal outside or not. If the cave is not detectable like the ones in the Hills it will be a problem."

"OH SITH!" Kacey hit his hand against his forehead. "We forgot to call Popwesa."

Joe Joe signaled with his. "Popwesa. Popwesa?" Silence. "I don't think they can hear me. I'll go outside."

"Richie, what if this tunnel opens up into more tunnels and dead ends or gets even too small for you? You may not be able to find your way out."

"It's a risk I have to take." Richie frowned. "I couldn't bring Tanya out this way anyway."

"Can you use the planet to talk to your family?"

"I don't know, Kacey. Papa's just started teaching me and the other kids. We're not very good at it yet."

"Give me your communicator." Kacey said holding out his hand.

"Here. Why?"

Kacey popped the

3. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    excellent post, June!

4. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Thanks Juwannajedi. Since I posted at an unusual time for me I'm going to up this.

5. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "One things for sure. I'm not going in there naked."

ROFLOL!!! Can't wait to see where this one goes! :)

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I hope Richie can either change Anakin's way of thinking or defeat him. Of course Tanya could help and not fall for Anakin's lying mouth.

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Okay June...

Make with the type-ie type-ie post post post ;)

8. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Ok as usual I owe everyone an appology for takeing so long. I've been haveing a hard time finding more than 5 or 10 minutes a day to write. (If that much.) It also took awhile to get this post to where I liked it. Hope you all enjoy.

Tanya had hesitated about going to the cave but Anakin could be very charming and persuasive when he it suited him.

"It's getting late the sun will set soon." Tanya had pointed out. "You know what Popwesa has ordered since Gracie was kidnapped. Everyone back into the hydrospears by sunset. Except for the guards on patrol."

Anakin smiled and flashed his amazing blue eyes at his little sister. "You and I are can defend ourselves alone better than all of the soldiers in Otta Gunga together. We're Jedi. We're invincible."

Tanya had frowned in response. "Gracie wasn't invincible."

"True. You seemed so serious. I was trying to get you to laugh by saying something absurd. Something people outside of the Jedi Order are always saying. I guess I said the wrong thing."

"You did." Tanya responded in a cold tone. She turned to walk away.

Anakin grabbed Tanya's hand. "Wait a minute, Tany," Just today Anakin had started calling her by this pet name. "With Force speed it wont take us long."

"We'll be back in Otta Gunga in time for dinner?"

"Sure."

"Promise?"

Anakin looked uncomfortable. For some reason he couldn't tell Tanya a lie. Even a shaded one. She just looked way too much like Shimi. Then he flashed that smile of his. "I'll promise we wont be very late. When you see this place you may want to stay a while."

Anakin managing to borrow a speeder was the thing that made Tanya agree to go. With the speeder they would surely be back home in no time at all. At least that's what Anakin said. "Tany, I have something very special to tell you. Before the Jedi were disbanded, you know, I was near to becoming a Knight. The Emperor called me this morning. He said he is very sorry I couldn't go through the Knighting ceremony now. He knows my abilities are great and I had looked forward to becoming a knight. He has offered me a position that is even greater than being a Jedi Knight."

"Anakin, what could be greater than being a Jedi Knight?"

"The Emperor's Personal Emissary."

"Emperor's Personal Emissary?" Tanya frowned mulling over each word. "What exactly is that?"

"That, my dear little sister, is a position of great honor and power." The pride in Anakin's voice was obvious. "I will answer only to one man the Emperor. Not a whole council. He's offered me more credits than I ever imagined having. And I will have a special title. He hasn't decided on that yet. He told me I could even chose the title if I wanted to."

"So what will you do as this Emissary?"

"What ever needs to be done."

"Huh?"

"Say he has a special message for some one I deliver it."

"Oh Anakin, how can being a messenger boy be better than being a Jedi Knight? Even if it does give you a fancy title."

"I wont be just a messenger boy. I'll have power. When I deliver a message or check out a situation it will be with all the Emperor's power. I'll have all the credits I need to buy what ever I want and freedom."

"Anakin," Tanya stated in a tone that reminded Anakin of Obi-Wan correcting him. "A Jedi doesn't crave power and money." Then she added. "You've been free since Qui-Gon won your freedom."

"You just don't understand. I haven't been really free. If I had been do you think I would have left mother there on Tatooine? Don't you think I wouldn't have gone back and freed every slave on Tatooine? I didn't because I had to do what Obi-Wan said. He will only do what the Council says."

"Anakin you were a child when you were freed. You couldn't possibly have-"

"No but the Jedi allowed slavery. They could have gone in a freed everyone. At least they should have freed Mother. Obi-Wan should have found a way. He didn't. He left mother there in slavery, in misery."

9. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Since I posted at an unusual time of day I'm uping you now.

10. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Wow, that captures the spirit of Anakin quite convincingly, super post Snuggie!

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Anakin is the one that doesn't get it. I hope he does before something bad happens.

12. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    sorry i didn't reply earlier. i was on vacation.

very nice post. very insightful! yay!

13. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Great post! Hope RL lets you post again, soon.

14. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Well I do have a post for Amidala is the Key

15. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Finally a post for this story. We've been on vacation this week otherwise I don't think I would have got this done.

Richie moved quietly and swiftly through the caves. He couldn't say how exactly he knew which direction to go when 2 tunnels met. He just did. That was all there was to it.

Anakin and Tanya had slid under the tree root and down into the cave. Anakin lit a light. The crystals reflected the light into rainbows. Something was different though.

"It's beautiful." Tanya whispered. "I understand why you wanted to show me this." Tanya turned and looked at her brother. "What is it? You seem disappointed."

"Nothing." Anakin didn't say that there weren't as many rainbows. He also didn't add that they seemed dimmer than the other times he had been here. "I'm glad you like it. I told you you might want to stay awhile." Anakin came over and stood very close to Tanya. He stood behind her and rubbed her shoulders.

"Oh my, that feels good."

"I used to rub mother's shoulders for her sometimes." Like the room this felt much different to Anakin. After all if the girl was his sister? She was only a half sister.

"You did?" Tanya answered forgetting everything but the wonderful feeling of skilled hands on her tired and tense shoulders.

"You Tanya you are the real beauty in this room." Anakin whispered. Tanya didn't wear her hair like Gracie. She wore it more Shimi. It was long and usually braided to keep it in control. Anakin loosened the braid. Tanya's mahogany hair fell in waves that tumbled down around her shoulders and back. Anakin's hands went back to Tanya's shoulders under her soft hair. "You're really tense."

"We've all been under a lot of stress."

"I know." Anakin whispered. "You are safe here with me. Watch the rainbows. Relax."

Tanya felt like she was falling into a dream. A dream where she was free to enjoy the pleasure of being a woman. She relaxed and watched the rainbows dance.

Anakin knew he would have to move slowly. Tanya was a Jedi. But probably because she was young she was not as strong as his Padme. He had not needed the drug from the flower. All it had taken was his voice. Still Anakin knew if he moved too fast, if Tanya felt fear she would bolt and run. "It is so hot in here. Isn't it?"

"Yes, very hot." Tanya responded dreamily.

"It will feel cooler in our just our swim suits."

"Yes, much cooler."

"Come lay down." Anakin sat down and pulled on Tanya's hand. "Feel how cool the stone is." Tanya hesitated. Anakin repeated. "Relax. Watch the rainbows on the ceiling."

Something in Tanya's head told her this wasn't a dream and she was in danger. It was time to wake up. But each time she almost did wake up there was Anakin's voice.

"Relax. Watch the rainbows."

The stone felt cool on her back. The rainbows danced. The dream continued.

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Talk about tension! All I can say is Argg! And grit me teath at Anakin, the scalawag.

I know all about being too busy to write, let alone post it, but - - YE CAN'T LEAVE IT THERE!

(talk like a pirate day)

17. juwannajedi

Mar 23, 2000
    Argh!!!! what next? please don't make us wait a month for the next post!

18. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I'll try not to let a month go by. But right now I'm not sure how I'm going to get Tanya out of danger. The problem is more I have 3 or 4 ideas instead of just one.

June

19. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Can't wait to see which idea of the 4 you go with June! :) Lol, although I think Anakin's a bit of a naughty boy, lol! ;)

20. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Waiting for the next post!

21. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I know I know I'm just as bad, if not worse, about posting lately - - but - - MORE PLEASE!

22. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I've got bad news. I'm having problems with carpal tunnel in both hands. So I can't type much. I've been off work for a month now waiting to get surgery approved through workman's comp. So when I do type it's peck a few words and then I have to stop. I do have some done on another story. That's taken me all this time to do.

23. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I'm sorry I haven't written. But my hands get tired even with braces on. The good news is the surgeries on my hands have been approved. I may have to do some one handed pecking for a while.

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, go ahead and take your time, June. Only write if it doesn't become a bother. ;)

25. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I have about a week till I have my first surgery. Thanks for being patient with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.