main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Countdown 2 ROTS DVD

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey, we don't know the DAY date but it's coming in November. SO we can start with months.

App. 6 1/4 months til Episode 3 DVD!!!

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    lol, yeah well I'm not really counting down to that date.

I'll be seeing the movie plenty of times in theaters before then! I'm already at 5 and I'll get in the sixth Saturday, but I'm going to skimp a bit this weekend (just one showing) because I'm kind of busy with other stuff, but I'll be back to help out Monday's box office, maybe Tuesday, but definitely Wednesday.

3. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Allright Larena, I guess great minds think alike ;). I can't wait for the DVD, I can't wait to see all of the deleted scenes and the documentaries and stuff.

4. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Yeah, deleted scenes are going to be AWESOME, I can't wait!

I'm not really the type that sees it 1 billion times in such a short span when a SW movie first comes out. I think I like to keep it a special novelty that I can't get enough of, I'm waiting until my parents see it this next week before I see it again. I really want to see it sooner, but it's almost better to keep myself wanting more! That way also when the DVD comes out it will be something VERY SPECIAL! (it kinda sounds dumb, but I just want to keep SW special.)
    ...plus I don't really have the MONEY or time to see it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and again and again and again and over again and again....exc. LOL

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well I like to show my support every week for a Star Wars movie in theaters, so I just do my part as best I can. I can't make every other fan watch it a million times to help the box office and make Star Wars the biggest success possible, BUT I can do my part at least. So I do what I can and keep seeing it throughout the weeks and months.

I don't want to get burnt out on it, but I have a ridiculously high threshold for Star Wars films. Usually, by the time it's out of theaters, though, I'm pretty well spent for a while. Then the DVD release comes, and I'm excited again, so I watch it a few times, and then after that it pretty much settles into normal viewing a few times per year. That, to me, keeps them all special. I don't watch the SW movies a million times per year, but when I watch them, they're special. In theaters, I know the movies so well that I memorize not only every line, but every musical cue, every visual detail, everything whatsoever. Nothing goes unnoticed.

Then I begin to forget after that, but try to keep it up with occassional DVD viewings. ;)

6. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I don't want to get burnt out on it, but I have a ridiculously high threshold for Star Wars films. Usually, by the time it's out of theaters, though, I'm pretty well spent for a while. Then the DVD release comes, and I'm excited again, so I watch it a few times, and then after that it pretty much settles into normal viewing a few times per year. That, to me, keeps them all special. I don't watch the SW movies a million times per year, but when I watch them, they're special. In theaters, I know the movies so well that I memorize not only every line, but every musical cue, every visual detail, everything whatsoever. Nothing goes unnoticed.

I was like that when I bought ALIENS. I would watch that film every other day for about a month. It would take me two days to watch it and then I would start over the next day. I did learn my lesson because I couldn't watch that film for about 2 years withouut turning it off and getting bored.

I don't know how many times I will see ROTS in the theater yet, it will have to do with how much money I have and when I get my paycheck.

I hope the DVD doesn't interfere when I'm at college, hopefully I have time to watch it when it comes out.

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I was over at the ROTS boards and it seems that the DVD will have 5-6 deleted scenes. I don't know what they will be of, but hopefully they also add some of them back into the film, or have an option(although it is highly unlikely) were you can either watch the theatrical cut or an extended cut. I'll try to find the article and post it.

EDIT: Here we go

When "Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" hits movie screens this month, fans will finally have the opportunity to comprehend the saga of Anakin Skywalker in its entirety. Series mastermind George Lucas said he hopes future generations will watch the prequels and sequels in numerical order, but reports that for now fans will have to continue to purchase each DVD individually if they want the complete set. "At some point," is all Lucas would offer about plans to release a six-DVD box set of the "Star Wars" series. "I am not sure when. First ['Revenge of the Sith'] will probably come out around Christmastime. Then, later on, there will be a six-pack." Before you get ready to storm the gates of Skywalker Ranch, however, you may find your dark side's rage diminishing as you hear about some of the "Sith" disc's bonus features. "There are five or six deleted scenes; they will all be on the DVD," said Rick McCallum, producer of the prequels. "They were great scenes, but they just had nothing to do with getting straight and cutting to the chase of the story. They were more plot-orientated and more setting up of Coruscant, more setting up of the war and kind of understanding where all the politics were." ...

And the link if you want to read it at teh site.

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey...5 more months! lol.

9. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Yippee!!! I can't wait, then I can finally watch Anakin slaughtering the yonglings over and over and over and over again. It will be on a continus(is that even spelled right? I don't think so :)) loop.

There is going to be 20 webdocs, some featurettes, audio commentary, 2:35.1 widescreen presentation, and most likely a couple of documentaries. AAAhhhh, this is getting me excited.

10. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    YAY! I can't wait to sit through hours of juicy special features!!!!

11. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I remember there was a poll in Entertainment weekly about how many people watch the special features and I was suprised at how many people ignore those and only watch the movies. I was shocked. If people don't watch the special features then they should by it on VHS and save that DVD for someone who will love it with all of their heart [face_love].

ROTS is 1 of the 2 DVDs I'm looking forard to this year, the other being Sin City. Those were probably the best films I have seen this year. Both visually stunning, I can't wait to see how they made those films.

EDIT: Was just on the ROTS board and found a list of deleted scenes. Who knows which of these will be on the DVD. I would like to see all of them, either cut back into the film or just in the deleted scenes section .

Here is an official list of deleted scenes from the "Making Of Revenge of the Sith" book. All these scenes are now cut from the movie, and more may have been cut since:

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

75: Anakin confronts Padme

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

93: Utapau windmill

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah

Scene 176 is the entire Dagobah scene, according to the screenplay. The reason GL gave in the book for Dagobah's cut is that there were too many endings to the movie. The focus needs to be on the main characters - Padme's funeral, Vader, Leia, and Obi-Wan and Luke.

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Ooo, I really want to see the Degoba scene! And were the Jedi talk about the dark side. There are lots that I hope are on the DVD.

13. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I foundthis link at the ROTS boards, It lists ROTS being released in December. I don't know how reliable this site is and it could be just a guess at this time. I guess we will onlt know when the date get closer.

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Yeah, I've seen many different sites that have the month for the DVD release. Some say November and some say December, they are all different. We will just have to see!

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well if it does come out in December, hopefully someone will get it for my birthday or Christmas. If I get that for Christmas, I doubt I will want to finsh wraping any of my other gifts. Well have to take a 6 hour break :).

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I found a site that shows pix of the deleted scenes also!

Senators Meeting - A group of Republic Loyalist senators meet to discuss their increasing concern over the Chancellors love of power, including Padme and a very recognisable Mon Mothma.

http://zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/DS/img/senators.jpg

Flooded Corridor - Grievous floods a corridor aboard his cruiser in a bid to hold up Anakin and Obi Wans progress. While under water Obi Wan is attacked by a Super Battle Droid that attempts to drown him.

The pic wouldn't copy/paste and it didn't have a link. The site is: http://zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/DS/DS_3.htm

Grievous Kills Shaak Ti - Exactly what it says on the tin! Grievous kills Shaak Ti, who i presume was originally part of the rescue operation for the Chancellor?

http://zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/DS/img/grievous-kills-shaak-ti.jpg

Anakin Kills Shaak Ti - Eh? What? But didn't she? Er........ Well it appears George changed his mind a couple of times on this, for this scene he had Anakin looking for Yoda to discuss that Palpatine had revealed himself as a Sith but only finding Shaak, who he kills, nice.

http://zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/DS/img/anakin-kills-shaak.jpg

Yoda Acts Crazy - While on Kasshyyk and being hunted by Clone Troopers Yoda disguises himself and acts all crazy, rather like he did in Empire Strikes Back when he first met Luke, to throw them off his scent as it were.

http://zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/DS/img/yoda1.jpg

Yoda Lands on Dagobah - This was cut due to George thinking that if left in the movie would have "too many endings", and who are we to argue? i'd love to have seen it myself though!

http://zuul.gotdns.com/swunknown/DS/img/yoda3.jpg

17. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Thanks for the pics.

Yeah it was wierd when I heard that Grevious killed Shaak Ti because she is on the Council and I saw the back of her head during the hologram meeting with Yoda on Kashyyyk.

I'm also glad that they took the Yoda acting crazy scene out, I would have been very disaapointed if Lucas ruined the mood by adding a fart joke into the mix, if I wanted fart jokes, I would watch a Kevin Smith film :).

18. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    there were parts of the temple slaughter i hope he adds to the movie from the book. like, killing the gatemaster when he enters the temple[face_temple] and com on, too many ending?? add the yoda scene!!!!

19. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I think it might have been ok if he used it as the VERY last ending scene. Cuz it's kinda like: Princess goes here, Luke goes here, and Yoda goes here. What's gunna happen next...
    type thing.

20. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I found this, looks like there are going to be 3(well 6 if you count the Pan&SCAM versions) different sets of Star Wars DVD's

-ROTS Widescreen DVD: Nov 1
    -I-III DVD Box Set: Nov 1
    -I-VI DVD Box Set: Nov 1

Now I wonder if the I-III boxset will have any "special changes"? I heard acouple Rumors that TPM Yoda is getting a digital make-over. It would also be cool if they either added all of the saber duel footage that got cut, either back into the film or as an extra. I'm sure that the I-VI box-set will have a crap load of features that they conviently forgot to add the the OT DVD release last year, like deleted scenes and what not.

21. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    The ROTS DVD will be released on Nov 8!

That is only 126 days!!!!!!!

22. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    YEA - Atticus Cornelius Finch
    YEEHAW - Lando Calrissian
    YIPPEE - Anakin Skywalker
    EH EH EH EH -Jabba the Hutt

Thanks for the info Sents, it is sweet music to my ears.

23. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    123 DAYS!!!

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    122 DAYS!!!
    why do I get the feeling I"m the only one doing this...:-B

25. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, like always you just beat me to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.