main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Countdown to Celebration 2

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Celebration 2 is this weekend! Who all is going? What days will you be there? Where are you staying? What are you most looking forward to?

I am heading up with my brother Jeff and nephew Wyatt (some of you met them at the last meeting) Friday afternoon. We'll probably catch "Spider-Man" up there Friday night, then hit Celebration 2 early Saturday morning. If we can't fit everything in on Saturday (and I'm sure we won't), then we're also going on Sunday, then driving back Sunday evening.

I plan to get several autographs, but not so many that we have to stand in line the whole time. We're definately stocking up on the exclusive figures, especially if we go the second day. I'm especially looking forward to the toy exibit (who woulda thought?).

I plan on taking LOTS of pictures. Anybody know if you can take in a video camera?

Hope to run into some of you up there?

-Toymaster

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    No video cameras allowed? Only photographic cameras. However, if you have one of the combo digital cameras/ video cameras, they might not be able to tell the difference. It's not worth getting it confiscated though. Your call.

I'm going Friday & Saturday
    Staying at the Westin
    Looking forward to the exclusive figure, the concert, getting some autographs and of course meeting up with all the great people on the TFN message boards at the Fan Force party.

3. mynocknotyours

mynocknotyours Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I'll be there Sat. and Sun.-staying at the Omni, just a catwalk away from the fun! I can't wait.
    Hey I know that Anthony Daniels is the Master of Ceromonies, but I don't see him listed as doing the autograph thing. Does anyone know if he is? I plan on getting his(if I can), Carrie Fisher, David Prowse and Peter Mayhew. I'm trying to decide what to do on what days-there's so much! Hope I see you guys there!

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Really? No camcorders?? Man, point me to the rules on that. I was under the impression that we could carry any kind of photographic cameras.

Hahaha... doesn't really matter. Penzargrat was the combo Canon that really does look like just a standard digital photography camera. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

5. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I would bet that Anthony Daniels is signing autographs, but he will probably be at a different booth all by himself. He is ususally never with a group of STAR WARS actors. This way, he can charge whatever he wants for autographs. Expect to pay at least $25 a signature. That is what he was charging at Dragoncon last fall.

6. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Hold your horses guys, cameras are allowed in the convention center, but obviously there will be certain areas that are off limits. There will be signs posted outside those areas.

I'm driving up Thursday afternoon/evening and staying at the EconoLodge Downtown Hotel with a friend from the Legion. I'm looking forward to the exclusive figure, meeting all my friends from Rebel Legion, and of course the Fan Force/501st/Rebel Legion party on Friday and the RL breakfast on Saturday.

I'm also looking forward to those slave Leia costumes.

7. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Where are all these rules you guys are getting? And does anybody have a map of the convention center? I know there will be ones avilable at the event but I want to make a plan of attack.
    I will be heading up with my wife and brother. We will be going on Fri and Sat. Maybe for a while on Sun but we have to head back on Sun.

8. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Check the Celbration 2 General Discussion Boards. Replies from e-mails & first hand clarification of rules from the Indianapolis Fan Force Chapter are on those boards.

In regards to camcorders, like JediToren said, it will be a room by room basis. My mistake:

"Policies for camcorders will vary from room to room and event to event. There will be signs posted outside of each area for your information."

Thank you,

Kristie Crawford
    Customer Service and Registration Manager
    Wizards of the Coast

9. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    There will be very nice programs at the door. The convention center is huge and I'm not sure how much of it C2 will be using. I'm there-I'm looking forward to everything-I'm buy one of each, of everything. Are people going to try and meet up?

10. guber

guber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    My softball teacher says today that he won't be administering the exam on May 4 because he has to go to a convention in Indianapolis. After class I ask him "What kind of convention are you going to?" Already knowing what his answer was going to be. He replies "Its a Star Wars convention." He can get out of giving exams but I have to stay and take them while he goes and has fun while I stay and hear about it.

To those that are going you had better bring back plenty of pictures and good stories to tell while we are waiting in line, for not all of us will have the pleasure of attending Celebration II.

11. Samurai-Yoda

Samurai-Yoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Why not start a Nashville group-up at C2? I'll be there on Saturday, so we should get together and attend all the events together.

And with C2 in like a few days, we should hurry up and decide what to do. Here is the schedule I made out:

Star Wars Celebration II

Master Schedule
    Saturday, May 4th, 2002

<<>>10:00- 11:15 AM:::Coruscant- Sagamore Ballroom:::Lorne Peterson, John Knoll, Rick McCallum

<<>>11:45- 1:00 PM:::Coruscant- Sagamore Ballroom:::Temeura Morrison, Daniel Logan, Hayden Christensen

<<>>1:30- 2:45 PM:::Coruscant- Sagamore Ballroom:::Iain McCaig, Trisha Biggar, Dermont Power

<<>>2:30- 3:30 PM:::Tatooine- 500 Ballroom:::Rick McCallum

<<>>4:00 PM- 5:00 PM:::Naboo- Rooms 201-204:::Visual Magic- John Knoll

<<>>5:30- 6:30 PM:::Tatooine- 500 Ballroom:::An Hour With Warwick Davis

<<>>6:00- 7:00 PM:::Dagobah Rooms 107-110:::Ed Sanchez, Gregg Hale Talk Filmmaking

<<>>8:30 PM:::Coruscant- Sagamore Ballroom:::Star Wars 25th Anniversary Concert

That's what I had planned on doing. Anyone want to join me?

12. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    I'm leaving Thurs. after school-around 5:30...am trying to find a place half way..get in Fri. a m. i'm staying at the courtyard marriot place..
    I'll be there the whole time...hope to see some of you..

i'm looking forward to autographs and carrie fisher...and the other 'originals'

:)

safe journey everybody!

13. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Forgot to mention, we are staying at the Comfort Inn in Greenwood, a suburb of Indianapolis just a few minutes south of the convention center. Anybody else staying there? Lemme know.

Gotta pack...
    -TM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.