main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Countdown to D-Day

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ForceTheologian, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I think everyone has the capacity to be heartless... weither it be man or woman... the key to a healty relationship is understanding... understanding needs and desires... you reach understanding with communication... if you ever reach a point where you "don't care" what your partner is talking about then you are the one being heartless... weither it is you or your partner that "doesn't care" cut your losses and move on... it will hurt... it will hurt a hell of a lot... but it will get better.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    When a relationship becomes one sided, it?s time to give the relationship a Dr. Phil moment. I have been in the spot where I constantly was giving to the relationship and my partner was taking and never gave back to it. The world can be hard place to live and the uncertainty of life makes us hold on and wish for the best when we should have cut ties before it gets worse. Keep this in mind ladies and gents:

Marriage will not make your relationship better.
    Having a child will not make your relationship better.

These are the top two mistakes that problematic relationships often make. If you despise her now, don't think for a second that anything is going to solve your problems with him/her. These two scenarios will make the problem worse! Not only is it worse for you and your partner; but now you included the lives of your families and innocent children into your problems! I suggest letting go before it gets to the point of no return. You may just wake up missing something.

Fondue anyone?

*smirks*

3. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Mordtat... thank you very much!! These are the things you hear all your life, but when it comes to you, you get stupid. No other way to put that, just plain old "stupid". When someone sits back (Not involved) puts it in perpective, it makes you really sit back and think... We tend to get so caught up in,what we are "supossed to do" when we hit a certain age. That we don't think about what makes"us" happy, only what is expected of us. Sorry, I think everyone knows this is a touchy subject for me...I needed to stop and wipe tears and blow (lol)... We really do need to do what is right for us!! :_|

4. BarrisOffee

May 13, 2005
    Oh and Mordtat, what's with the "Dr. Phil" comment. You making fun cause I was watching it the day you called...LOL [face_laugh]

5. freako104

freako104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005

Sorry if this doesnt help much but [:D] We all need to do what is right for us. But sometimes it is difficult to see what is the best for us :/

6. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, my.

FT

Countdown to D-Day: 2 days left

7. BarrisOffee

May 13, 2005
    [:D] You guys are great... Thanks...and F T hang in there, it will hurt but you will be better off in the long run. You a good person, you will love again...1 more day!!!!
    "Some of us think holding on makes us strong; But sometimes it is letting go." Just remember this quote...

8. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    It's been my experiance that what makes people happy and what is right for them are rarely the same.

9. BarrisOffee

May 13, 2005
    "I have no response to that" O:)

10. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002

While I see the point you are trying to make, here.... I have to add a little levity to the comment. In some situations you are correct about this, but not necessarily all of them. It depends on a vast number of things, and in my opinion, way too many to sum it up in a lump sum like that. So, to some degree, I have to disagree. While I respect your idea, remember that you are giving it from a "versed" perspective, and not a "lived" perspective. ;)

11. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I believe a little clarification is needed... I believe what Mordtat is saying is "if" you are having problems in your relationship... getting married or having a kid will not solve those under lying problems...

Edit: I just went back and reread Mordtat's post... it was very clear... I just took it out of context I suppose [face_beatup]

I also think that the point Riff makes above is outstanding... until we live through something it is easy to judge the right and wrong of someone else's choices... let's not forget that it is their life to live how ever they see fit.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

12. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Well, it's over. I'm still here. And I'm still standing. The divorce went off like a hitch, and I didn't have to say anything. Me along with my Dad & Uncle waited in the court room until lunch only to find out that Mrs. Craft(Tracy's lawyer) had already took care of it, and the courtdate about Custody and Visitation is in 4 weeks. When Tracy got off the phone with her lawyer she told me it was done, and when the next courtdate is with tears in her eyes. I got the feel ing that yesterday was a bluff that she didn't want to go through with. So, maybe it's best for one not to jump without the will to go through with it. Pretty much the same as the old saying in the Verse, "Don't start something that you're not gonna finish."
    Anyway, I'm now truely divorced, single again, I'm free. Free at last, free at last, by God, I'm free at last.

FT

13. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    "Good for you, Good for you!"

14. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Then it is done... how are you holding up bro?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I may be looking at the same thing come summer but its something I don't like to think about at this point. I just don't know whats going to happen. It pains me to read that last post, FT. I know your probably happy and I hope you can go on with things now.

16. BarrisOffee

May 13, 2005
  17. freako104

freako104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005

Enjoy the single life man!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.