Countdown to DragonCon

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by qcjedisteve, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qcjedisteve Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dragon*Con 2003, America's largest annual convention for fans of science fiction, fantasy and horror, comics and art, games and computers, animation, science, music, television and films, will be held Friday through Monday, August 29th - Sept. 1st, 2003 (172 days away) in downtown Atlanta, Georgia

I CAN'T WAIT ! ! ! !

2. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Hehehe....DragonCon.... [face_devil]

~H~
  3. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    127 days 12hr 11min till

DRAGON-CON 03
  4. QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've been looking into the expenses for Dragon Con and have come to two conclusions. Unless we can hitch a ride with someone, we won't be able to make a 12 hour trip to Atlanta. The car won't make it, believe me.
    Secondly unless we split the rooms four people to a room there will be no way we can afford the hotels. If you guys insist on rooming at the Hyatt or Marriot than it's either 4 or 5 person splits or we bunk at a cheaper place nearby maybe a Baymont or Holiday Inn. I mean it's not that vital having rooms in the hosting hotels is it?
    Personally I plan to put a lot more investment into the Predator rather than the accomodations in Atlanta. Try to fill me in.
  5. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I know that Nate, Chris and I are going down on the 28th, drive to the tip of IL, then in the moring head to Atlanta. We are going to Stay in the 501st hotel, because I think "I" get a lower room rate for being in the 501st. But I think there is also a Club or Group rate, so if we get some more QCJO to I belive we can get that rate. I think there are two hotels attached to the convention center.bit I am not sure.

As of right now Chris Ante and I are set in stone for going to DC 03
  6. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    49 DAYS TILL DRAGONCON 03
  7. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    28 days

List of people

Chris
    Nate
    Steve

anyone else going to Dragon Con?
  8. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    THAT WAS F*!%G AWSOME!Photos will be up soon

"oh. . So this is the tenth floor"

"It's not screen Accurate"

9. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    "I can take you."

Lingerie Biker Scout

Corpse Scout Cookies

Steve-We need a new Countdown and maybe even a downloadable version for our desk tops.
  10. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Howdy all,

A flock of Chicago folks are planning a fun and festive Masquerade entry for DragonCon 04 that requires a few more handsome lads to complete the scene. If any of you fine costuming folks would like to participate, please email for more details (astheather@netscape.net). We?re trying to keep it a secret, but I guarantee it will be amusing and get much attention. :cool:

~H~
  11. DarthShauna Jedi Padawan

This is Shauna from Chicago Force, sith mistress of the Carbon Chamber.

I second Jurist's motion...you will be amused. It is a costume idea worthy of the madness that is Dragoncon.

While I'm at it, your footwear is _quite_ fashionable. May I insert my #!%$#& into your ##$)@_#($ ?

--Shauna
  12. BespinBelle Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, join us! I can assure you you will enjoy inserting yourselves into our costuming madness. (And we will keep the hot glue gun use to a minimum)

-Dinel (aka Cloud City Cotton Candy Queen)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.