main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST counterpoint/rhyme to Order 66 in ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CEB, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Having read the rumours surrounding Domnhall Gleeson playing an "ethical" Imperial, as well as Finn being a human stromtrooper who defects (making the change to human stormtroopers canon, possibly for the first time, though I've not yet read Tarkin), could there be a build up to an eventual reversal of Order 66?

We don't yet know who is in charge of The Empire, lets assume for arguments sake that at the time of TFA there is a more or less symbolic Emperor, with the true power being held by the military - sounds realistic enough so far, I think.

I'll speculate that at the end of the film there'll be a short term victory for the good guys, but the bad guys will have got more or less what they want - at a guess, I'd say Kylo Ren gets access to the rumoured ancient tomb, and awakens a powerful Sith master (I'll avoid saying Plagueis to not get into that debate again)

I'd imagine that a natural and immediate aim for the Sith Master would be take control of the Empire (and that as the Empire was founded by a Sith, it wouldn't be difficult for a Sith to get control) meaning that for the next two films we could have an empire that has an even more powerful Sith than Palpatine at the helm.

Could there then, eventually be a reversal of Order 66 whereby stormtroopers across the galaxy, inspired by Finn and loyal to Gleeson, are in a situation where they could actually finally wipe out the rebels and Jedi once and for all, but are given an order by Gleeson to turn on the Imperial command instead? and that the ensuing battle could be going on during the final lightsaber battle of the ST?

Just a thought, anyway.

Paparazzo likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's certainly an interesting concept and one that I'd be open to. However, I think the major difference is that the clonetroopers in the PT were obviously clones, and the stormtroopers are something else... so the relationship is slightly different i.e. the clones were programmed for Order 66. So I'm not sure how they could overcome that factor... but it's an interesting idea nonetheless of the stormtroopers turning sides.

3. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    I like it in theory. Agree it would be a different animal since the troopers are now enlisted. Would be cool to see a "Skywalker" back in control of a squad of stormtroopers tho.

4. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Something literal like that is highly unlikely due to the storm troopers being, as you said, not clones in the ST era (at least it seems that way). But I really like the idea, of a villain at the verge of victory only for their army to turn against them due to the heroes. Maybe a smaller scale version? Like if there are imperial leaders that seem somewhat sympathetic, the revelation that a person they're working for is a Sith could cause some to fight alongside the Alliance. So like, half the imperial army changes sides last-minute for a more fair fight because of an honorable Moff or something.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

[face_dancing] Nice counterpoint to order 66 clinteastwoodbradfield. That sure would be interesting.

6. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    This should probably go in the Ring Theory thread, so in before the lock....

Anyway, maybe there will be a reversal of Order 66, in the sense that a lot of new Padawans are recruited once the Jedi Order and Luke emerge from the underground into mainstream society once more at the re-establishment of the Republic.

7. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Heck, the very idea of a "Force awakening" seems to imply a sort of reverse Order 66: a bunch of Force sensitives are suddenly "born" rather than killed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.