main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Counting Stars One By One (A young Ani/Obi AU story) Chapter 1 on 5/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sitara-min, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sitara-min

sitara-min Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2003
    When Obi-wan Kenobi is supposedly killed, thirteen-year old Anakin Skywalker is sent back to live with his mother and her new family. How will they react when the Chosen One's Force powers draw a small family of moisture farmers into a galaxy-wide struggle for power?

First post tomorrow.

EDIT: To be updated sporadically, since I really don't know where this is going. ;)

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh, can't wait for this one.

3. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Thank you, Zara. The first post will be here this afternoon. I'm working on it during school.

4. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Come on - POSTIE!

5. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Counting Stars One By One

Chapter One

"And so," Anakin Skywalker concluded with a deep breath (He'd been doing this for an hour, blast the little green troll!) "the definition of a responsible person is one who does his duty promptly and cheerfully, without complaint-" here Anakin winced as his voice cracked-"and to the best of his ability."

A soft snicker started at the back of the room and began to spread, but Master Yoda silenced it with a tap of his cane.

"Well you have done, Padawan Skywalker. Perhaps next time, not so reckless you will be?"

Ani heaved his answer with a sigh. "Yes, Master."

As he made his way to the back of the room, the snickers restarted and this time Master Yoda did not stop them. Some kind of lesson in humility, maybe. Whatever it was supposed to be, it made Anakin angry. He shot a glare at the nearest assailant, a young human girl with blonde curls. She was narrowing her green eyes at Anakin and smiling smugly.

Good going, Skywalker. What's that, the fourth penitence essay you've made us sit through?"

Fifth. I did it just for you, too.

Oh. and nice voice. Did you swallow a preaky bird, Chosen One?

Get out of my head, Naphtali.

Make me, little Ani.

He was about to do just that- when he felt it.

It hurt worse than anything he'd ever felt in his life. It hurt more than the time he slipped and cut his forehead on a repulsor engine in Watto's shop; it even hurt more than the time Bariss accidentally knocked him in the head with a practice 'saber. He felt as if someone was reaching inside of him and tearing every fiber apart until there was nothing left.

He screamed, and then the world around him shrank to tight blackness.

________________________________________________________________________________

Two young teenagers were carried into the medcenter fifteen minutes later.

"What happened, Master?" the Calamarian healer asked.

The diminuitive Jedi Master shook his head sadly, perpetually wide eyes gleaming with a soft sparkle of tears. He nodded to Anakin, lying unconscious in the arms of a senior Padawan.

"Death," the old voice creaked. "Much death. His master...gone. In his mind, the girl was, when it happened."

The old Calamarian healer studied the young boy for a minute, and then his companion. He wondered what Jedi was...

And then the old healer had to draw on the Force to keep from weeping. This...this padawan was Anakin Skywalker. That meant that Obi-wan Kenobi was dead.

6. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Noooooo. Obi-Wan is just mostly dead right. He'll come to life in later segment. Begging on hands and knees. Good work Sitara-min.

7. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Poor Ani (bet they'll regret snickering at him when he becomes Darth Vader) anyway I can't wait for more from this fic.

8. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Thanks, guys!

9. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    More in about a week, probably. I have finals this week, and then I have to go watch my friends graduate this weekend. *sniffles*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.