main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Countries, countries

Discussion in 'Archive: Slavic Countries General Discussion' started by SithSpawn69, Nov 19, 2003.

?

Countries, countries

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Poland

25.4%
  2. ex USSR republics

7.9%
  3. Bulgaria

1.6%
  4. Czech Republic

7.9%
  5. Slovakia

3.2%
  6. Slovenia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Croatia

23.8%
  8. ex Yugoslavia republics

9.5%
  9. European Union

11.1%
  10. other - please specify

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Oh yeah, they are quite close together. Silly me, I must sound like such an idiot. I went to Pula just to drive through (well, my Dad drove to be honest) while I was in Rovinj last year. So yup, we might get to see one another which is awesome! ^__^

I'm guessing that FFWorld stands for Fan Force World but I could be wrong because I'm still clueless what it is. Help! :p

And finally, I totally agree that they're being idiots regarding Jaina in the later novels. I became a fan of hers when I was about 11 and read The Crystal Star (dunno how I did it at that age) and found her cool. Young Jedi Knights really drove me into it, but NJO's only good parts are the Yun-Harla imitation and Jagged Fel <-- Yum.

2. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Rovinj and Pula are quite close together though so I could probably just grab a taxi up

If you wish to get robbed, go right ahead. [face_devil] :p

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Dammit, how else am I going to get around then? Bus? :p

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Bus is cheap and fast. Taxi is unecessarily expensive.
    Nice to meet you, Yun Harla. :) Rovinj and Pula are about half an hour drive away. Rovinj is a bit more than a village, Pula is much bigger, but it is dull too. Pula has it's own Algoritam, but it cannot be compared to the one in Zagreb. Here's an advice: if you want to go sightseeing, visit Pula, Gorski Kotar, dalmacija, but if you wish to get some fun, go to Rijeka and Zagreb.

Jaina was a good character back in old series, but Dark Nest thing was hilarious. *Click, click* [face_laugh]
    *cough* Bughugger! *cough*
    :p

5. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    lol. Well, maybe I won't be staying in Pula after all. It seems that only Porec is available from the UK. I can catch a plane to Pula, just not a hotel via a travel agency :p

6. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Cobraconda, if you're in Porec during the summer I'll see what I can do then... My parents are for the sightseeing and my little 11-year-old brother just wants to stay in Zagreb so he can play Yu-Gi-Oh! cards with his friends, so I'm usually quite lonely by myself.

Amon, where in Croatia are you? Maybe there's a chance...

And though I haven't bought Dark Nest YET, I know I'll drown in tears if they ruin Jaina as much as I hear that they did. Stupid morons, and they separated her from Jag too! Stupider morons!

7. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Heh, I'm a K/J'er, so I was quite glad at that, although not quite so with Zekk. I'd have preferred Kyp :p

Well, I'll try and get a holiday somewhere around either Porec, Pula, Rovinj or Medulin, but the only ones I can find locally seem to be Porec, so I'll probably try and get them to expand a bit :p

8. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    In that case May the Force be with You on your holiday bookings! ;)

Jag and Jaina is still ultimately my favorite. I don't like Jaina and Zekk together so much because Jacen and Tenel Ka already have been friends since childhood so having Jaina face the same fate is soooooo boring! And Kyp... it might have worked but for some reason I prefer Jaina slapping him to anything else so it got dismissed as a no. :p

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    But Jag is made of cardboard. Captain Cardboard! :p

10. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Hold on a moment... we're both actually online at the same time, how awesome is that! *Gasps* But Jag is also Colonel Cardboard, and Commander Cardboard too! Special!

11. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    lol, being online isn't a rare occurence. It'd be even less rare if the school hadn't filtered everything *mutters*.

But Jag has no personality. He's just... there. No real point except as a love interest. That just annoys me :p

12. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Unless of course it is to make the reader melt into a pile of lovey-dovey swoon whenever his name appears on the page. *ducks so nobody can throw tomatoes at her* Kyp scares me, more than a Yuuzhan Vong does! Though I might say that Nen Yim is pretty cool, nice Yuuzhie (that's my pet name for the Vong)!

My weekends are Thursday and Friday because I live overseas in the Middle East, which is why I don't run into people online too often even though I'm addicted to my laptop as much as any good Wookiee would be to technology.

13. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Heh, you need some Mush fanfic, I think :p

Well, I used to be on most of the day and most of the night, but not so anymore :p

14. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Awww... mush fanfics! Gotta love those, though they make me wish that Jaina would just choose Zekk so that I can grab Jag for myself. But no, must let Jaina have him. :p

I used to be online on MSN and all 24/7 but sadly all my homework prevents me from it now. Last night I was up past midnight with a philosophical essay, I think I ended up praising Vergere's school of thought for the most of it. Just because Vergere owns Plato!

15. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

You should have used Monty Python's Philopshy Drinking song :p

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
    Who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
    Who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
    Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, [some versions have 'Schopenhauer and Hegel']

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
    Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
    'Bout the raising of the wrist.
    Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
    On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away--
    Half a crate of whisky every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle.
    Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And René Descartes was a drunken fart.
    'I drink, therefore I am.'

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
    A lovely little thinker,
    But a bugger when he's pissed.

16. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Hillarious, that is ultimately PRICELESS! [face_laugh]

Wonder what would happen if a Wookiee got drunk... that would be hillarious! Only then again, I got drunk off spaghetti last summer becuase there was alcohol in the sauce which didn't evaporate so I just started laughing all night (and I was with my family so it was uber-weird) and almost tripped down the stairs when going to the bathroom. Way too sensitive, just give me spaghetti and that's all I can handle!

17. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    [face_laugh] Spaghetti alcohol :p

Well, a Wookiee got pissed in the Battle Surgeons books, and tore off a droids arm :p At least, I think the Wookiee was pissed :p

18. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Yup spaghetti alcohol, have been paranoid of restaurants that serve alcohol in spaghetti since then. They do it in Boban in Zagreb, happened to me there too... only not as badly.

Wookies are dangerous when they're pissed. Would sooner hurt a stormtrooper, but I think that smacking them around would be sorta fun!

19. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    But alcohol is fun :p

Wookiee's would need a hell of a lot of it though, if they wanted to get completely paraletic :p

20. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Spaghetti is the limit to me... :p Anything following that just cuts off your connection from the Force. [face_skull]

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    lol, I find it strengthens it :p

22. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Then, my friend, we have very very different perceptions of the Force. Who's on the light side and who's on the dark side here? Or are we talking Yuuzhies? :p Gosh I HAVE been reading too much Vergere lately!

23. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm nice and Darkish :p

I mean, alcohol is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... silly...

24. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    *falls off her chair laughing* I guess I'm on the light side then... but I swear that dark chocolate makes white chocolate look simply and utterly gross. It doesn't even contain cocoa for crying out loud, no dark side in white chocolate! Boo!

That's soooooo true about alcohol, though I'll also add that the homework I'm doing while awaiting your replies is the quickest path to insanity ever devised by mankind. I guess silly abilities are better! :p

25. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I don't need a quick path to insanity. I reached it a long time ago :p

And Dark Chocolate > All other chocolate. Ever. Except maybe Cadbury's Dairy Milk... =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.