main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Country/Place You've Always Wanted To Visit?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Bacon164, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Obi Anne, you are so lucky to have gone there. That picture is great! I really want to go. My girlfriend and I have always wanted to go backpacking across Europe. I also want to go to Alaska and New Zealand. Anyplace peaceful and beautiful.

2. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    You are welcome, Mike! :)
    We will be happy to show you as much as we can. :)
    And don't forget Senny, who showed you Düsseldorf the other days before the Jedi-Con! :D

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ireland
    england
    scotland
    sweden
    germany
    japan
    australia

in about that order.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    *is dreaming* We should take a year or so off and then start to travel and picking up all the other FFler... *is far far away*

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well... I haven't been to Scotland yet. I'd want to visit the place where all my ancestors came from, Brechin. Then I'd want to go to Hungary to visit where the rest of my ancestors are from.

Haven't been to South America yet either...

Ah, and I'd want to go back to Germany and see what I missed when I was a baby.

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sarah I want to see more of Germany too.

Sorry Flo, yes I owe a debt to Senny and his dad who saved the day and got us to the airport after Jeannette and I made the mistake of letting somebody else buy the airline tickets for a flight that landed in the wrong airport [face_beatup]

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Sounds like that was quite a trip :)

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You mean from the "wrong airport" to the city where they wanted to be? Yep, it was a little journey. But the most interesting or better worst thing was that we waited at two different airports just for a while and needed some time to get what went wrong. :p

JGoC and Mike, don't forget to tell us, if you come to Germany again, ok? :D

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm off up the road to Scotland in a week to go Diving in the Sound of Mull.

I'm in Portugal next year, should get some diving in there as well.

Egypt is a lovely place (I didn't dive when I was there) The pyramids and sphynx are amazing to see. I've been inside one of the pyramids but you're not allowed to go in now :(

Cologne is indeed lovely I spent a couple of days there when I was on holiday in Germany in my teens.

I'd like to go back to Hong Kong as well and see what it's like now it's under Chinese rule. I can't see much having changed but it's worth a look.

10. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I was in Hong Kong as a stopover on my european trip for approximatly 3 hours worth of tourist time. It rained. I mean, it really rained. My copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which was a day old at the time got completely waterlogged, and it was deep within my day pack.

If I could make a recommendation to anybody I would say Krakow in Poland. It was a real surprise to me - I didn't know much about it beforehand but it turned out to be one of the most beautiful and enjoyable cities I've ever been to. I enjoyed it even more than Florence, which I went to shortly after, and boy, that's some competition. Although by visiting Krakow you are obligated to go to Auschwitz, which was one of most awful (but moving) experiences I've ever had.

11. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    I always wanted to go to Australia and go wandering the Outback.You know, do it properly.
    Live off the land and all that.

12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hmmmm, places I've wanted to go. I've already done the Middle East so I don't really want to go back.

I'd like to go to Ireland, Scotland and England. And to Holland so I can wear wooden clogs and watch the natives point and laugh at me. :p Really, it is a cheese thing.

Mostly I like to go to places where I can go to the beach and relax. I'm not much of a tourist but I would like to see some places before I die. (I'm getting old, I'm allowed to say that) ;)

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Interesting. Not many people do that.

And I hate to say it, but the ones that do are usually british tourists that end up dead. :p

14. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    :eek:

That is just wrong!
    And besides you have a 50/50 chance of getting out alive!

15. Cobblestone

Cobblestone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I've been to Iceland and I would really like to go back. I've never been to a more beautiful country. other countries I'd like to visit are India, Sri Lanka, Japan, Cambodia, Egypt, Ireland, Russia and Peru :)

16. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

Sorry. :p You must admit though, British tourists seem to have an uncanny knack for ignoring "DANGER! CROCODILES!" signs. :p

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Where in the middle east??

18. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Would like to visit Asia - China, Japan, south east (Vietnam, Cambodia). And go to Peru to see the Macchu Picchu.

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

Absolutely. That's a must for me.

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I was just thinking of what other countries I would like to visit. Sri Lanka,
    Australia, Japan, China, and Dubai.

21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Never been there but I've been to the Holocaust museam in Israel and I would have to agree with your statement above.

The room of a million candles (I think thats what it's called it's been 12 years since I was there) is a heartwrenching room to walk through.

22. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Going into a gas chamber was the most awful thing I have ever had to do, and probably will do for a very long time.

I also went to the Jewish museum in Berlin. That was extremely moving and thought-provoking as well.

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I must say that I'm waiting for the big standard tour of Cologne, since I've heard quite a lot about it. ;)

24. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Would love to be able to gio to Eire, I might not come back!
    Take a quick jaunt through England and Scotland.
    Spend a summer in the south of Spain.
    Then travel around in Russia for a while befor spending a month or two in Tula.

25. NaomiOrganaSolo

NaomiOrganaSolo Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 8, 2005
    I've been to the Holocaust museum too. I was quite young when I went but I do remember being profoundly affected by the room of a million candles (I think you're right, it is called that). The way each of the names of the children who died are read out is very moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.