main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Couple Questions(and first post) (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rankith, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rankith

Rankith Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    Just wondering... I read somewhere that a lightsaber shorts out the second it touches water. Yet Obi-Wan was clearly fighting Jango Fett in the rain in AOTC. Is it just bodies of water?

Also, where can I find detailed instructions for building a lightsaber? Thank you for your time

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Some lightsabers do short out if they get wet. Many others don't.

In a cut scene in Episode 1, Obi-Wan falls into a pool of water while being chased by the Trade Federation forces; afterwards, Qui-Gon notices his saber shorted out and berated him for not turning it off.

Apparently, Obi-Wan fixed the problem when he made his new saber, because it works just fine on Kamino.

3. Rankith

Rankith Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    thx for info. But does anyone know where I could find some instructions for building a lightsaber? I am having trouble.

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I just recently finished building mine! :)

At first I started following directions from websites, but then I found they turn out much better if you design them how you want them to look. If you have a Home Depot near you, they have everything you need. The basics (which is what I use...I'll post a picture if I can get one) are a 12-inch chrome pipe, a foot of black lined floor mat, and a rubber stopper for the end of the pipe. Those will get you basically what you want, along with a button of course.

But, if you want websites, here we go:

Luukesabers' Galaxy of Lightsabers

Recipe for Kal Joren's Lightsaber (This is the one that I originally started with, and I bought most of the pieces he suggested, but then designed it myself afterward)

5. Rankith

Rankith Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    thx for the websites and all... but those are just for the hilts! I am having trouble getting the blade. I turn it on and it just pops up and than goes out and sputters. Any tips?

6. Rankith

Rankith Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    Please help me, I have been working on this for a long time now, and my master will be most displeased if I do not finish it soon!

7. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    You might want to try asking in Costuming and Props, as they would have more of an idea than the Lit patrons. :)

8. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Err...sputters? What kind of lightsaber are you talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.