main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Coupons and Movies

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Burger_King, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Awesome! Thanks!!1

Ha, I'm listening to the soundtrack right now too :p Damn I love this movie. Hope they re-do the Odd Couple movie with them!

2. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    They were on Jay Leno Monday night - funny stuff! I still need to see this movie. I adore the play.

But, I have to admit that I've been in love with Matthew Broderick for years...Like since he twisted and shouted in Ferris Bueller...and I won't even start on my Glory obsession of 1989-1990!

3. Burger_King

Burger_King Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    30 % footlocker

http://ww2.footlocker.com/2006/fnf/fl.html

25 % off sketchers and free shipping

25% off & free shipping, code: 77SWEEP

Randy

4. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Movie page almost gone. must. save.
    Ok so if anyone missed a movie a few years back called Equilibrium directed by Kurt Wilmer and starring Christian Bale and Taye Diggs, Go rent it. It's great! It's like the Matrix only well acted and directed and without crap sequels. The point is that Kurt Wilmer's new movie is coming out this month and while it looks kinda dumb to me, it might be good. Here's the website and trailer: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ultraviolet/

Looks like it might appeal to Underworld fans.

5. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I caught Garden State last night finally. Zach Braff (Scrubs) and Natalie Portman movie.

Excellent movie, two thumbs up. Soundtrack sounded pretty good too, Anybody have it? I'd like to know what they think.

6. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Excellent movie and soundtrack, both. The only thing I don't like about the movie is that it points out how much better Natalie would have been in the prequels if she had decent dialogue to work with. The soundtrack is definitely worth the $10 or so it costs.

7. large_mammal

large_mammal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    Definitely have to agree. The soundtrack is well worth the money for the Colin Hay and Shins songs alone.

8. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Colin Hay. Is that "come from a land down under", funky eye Colin Hay?

9. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Actually, I'd say Equilibrium is more like a THX 1138 crossed with the gunplay of the matrix.

10. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I actually think it's a little more Brave New World than THX, but however you feel I think the gunplay is better than the matrix.

11. large_mammal

large_mammal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Thanks to Zach Brafpfhhpf...er and "Scrubs" he's been able to make this kind of weird coffee-house-acoustic comeback.

His cd isn't actually half bad... or I may just be getting old.

12. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    Not to mention that Christian Bale is an infinitely better actor than Keanu.

13. Burger_King

Feb 17, 2005
    Skechers.com - 25% off, code: CP77

yay! Coupons are back!

14. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Since Randy brought back the coupon part I thought I would bring back the movies.
    One film I'm looking forward to is the Pretige. Based on Christopher Priest's 1996 novel, Christain Bale and Hugh Jackman play rival magicians in turn-of-the-century London who battle each other for trade secrets. The rivalry is so intense that it turns them into murderers.It also stars Scarlett Johansson, Michael Caine, David Bowie, and Andy Serkis. Here's the kicker. . . Directed by Christopher Nolan. The man behind Batman Begins and Memento.
    In other movie news the film that won the jury prize at Sundance for most originality has a wicked trailer making the rounds. It's called Brick and the premise sounds kinda dumb but the trailer convinced me that the film won't be stupid. Here's the link for the trailer: http://www.focusfeatures.com/viewer.php?f=brick&c=trailer&ext=mov&w=640&h=340
    Also a neat little Horror movie is coming out called The Woods here's the trailer for that: http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005155.html

Enjoy.

15. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, and Andy Serkis??? Best. Movie. Ever.

16. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Michael Caine and David Bowie? I am so in the ticket line!!

17. Burger_King

Feb 17, 2005
    30% off borders for card members and 15% for none members

http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/item0222.htm

Randy

18. Burger_King

Feb 17, 2005
    X-men 3 trailor!

Here

19. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    So much for getting any work done today....:D

20. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Impressive. Looks like fun.

21. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    That's a nice little trailer.:)They played it last night during 24. I was afraid to go smoke for 2 hours because I didn't want to miss it, but it ended up being worth it.;)

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Last Stand, as in the last movie? That sucks, they really could keep the series going for a long time.

23. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah, I know. Why stop at three if they're successful? Don't they know the fans want more Wolverine? LOL

24. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    So does anyone know how to get quicktime 6, or whatever the new one is, without itunes? I'm getting to the point where I can't watch quite a few movies (this trailer included) because I absolutely refuse to let itunes onto my computer.

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That trailer looked interesting. Might want to see it... But I'd have to see the first two, cause I haven't seen those yet. Just not a fan of comic book movies that much. But I know a lot of people like these movies... So we'll see. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.