main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Courage for the Shakespeare roulette, Kyp and OC's one post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 10, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Courage for the Shakespeare roulette
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 35 ABY
    Characters: Kyp Durron and OC?s
    Genre: Shakespeare challenge
    Summary: short scene with Kyp getting a new member for his Shadow Saber squadron.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.
    Note: has the Shakespeare quote
    60. ?But screw your courage to the sticking place,
    And we?ll not fail.?
    Macbeth, I.vii.60-61.

Note 2: links with Yes but

Courage

Jedi Knight Dorne Runia was back on Coruscant after a visit to her family on Corellia. She was headed to the restaurant when she felt a familiar presence. A young man hurried past her and made a beeline towards the counter.
    ?Dylan Awakian, what?s he doing here??
    She had discovered him ? after a meeting with her friends Russel Sadar and Didier Kalra ? on New Holstice. The Varankonin boy was there with his father exploring the galaxy as he told her. And sensing his Force powers she had asked if he wanted to train to become a Jedi. A shy grey face had become exuberant showing bright luminescent patterns of red and blue. A father had given permission. And she had taken Dylan to Ossus. There the kid had been standing on the steps leading to the office of Kam Solusar for a long time being very shy and reluctant to enter said office. He had headed back to the shuttle. Dorne had followed him, had caught up with him in one of the gardens and there sitting on a fallen tree she had begun to tell him a story from her youth about a little chick. It was a very old story and had probably been told by parents and teachers all over the galaxy.

She smiled when she remembered that story ending with ?But screw your courage to the sticking place, And we?ll not fail.? It had Dylan headed back to the office and entering and joining the Jedi initiates.

But this.
    Jedi training took more than a year. Why was he here and clad in the garments of a temple caretaker?

Dorne headed to the counter and saw Dylan turning with a big smile on his grey face. Bioluminescent patterns were showing his great fun when he had a straw with a climbing Ewok on it zooming towards her.
    Quick reflexes ? as taught by her martial arts teacher Kyp Durron ? had her with one hand in a deflective position.

The straw headed in another direction and was caught by said teacher who had entered very silently and turned ? not to the temple caretaker but ? to Dorne.

?Flying straws Jedi Runia?? Kyp turned the straw this and that way in his hands. ?I know you like playing pranks and this? the straw was inspected more closely.

?Is not from me but coming from him,? Dorne stated when Kyp turned to the grey man.

?Ah yes and it was meant for you,? Kyp winked with his left eye seen by Dylan. ?See Jedi Runia, this straw was supplied by Wes Janson, the commander of the Taanab Yellow Aces and everyone catching a straw and seen by me is asked to join my squadron.?

?What?? Dorne had had ideas to join one of the Jedi X-wing squadrons for a long time.

?Screw your courage to the sticking place,? Dylan grinned.

?And I will not fail,? Dorne beamed ?Master Durron I like to join Shadow Saber squadron.?

?And with this I install you as the new member of my squadron,? Kyp placed the straw in a drink provided by Dylan, gave it to Dorne, accepted a second glass with a new straw and clinked glasses.

FIN

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Always nice to see Kyp again ;)