main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Course of the Force 2013: From Skywalker Ranch to Comic Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Mar 27, 2013.

1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
  2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    That's nice they lowered the donation. Do we want to do a group collection and have one of our members do a segment?

3. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Team SDFF?

4. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    obviously, i'd like to have as many people as can make it. i really wish they did an online donation website like other walks for causes use.

5. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i just signed up today!

All of the slots on the last day (Pacific Beach to downtown San Diego) are full, and they have a waiting list for that. I signed up for the second to last day, July 15, the Oceanside to Pacific Beach day.

and they do have the ability for additional fundraising! I've started my own fundraising page, as well as started a team that anyone can join: Team Hondo!

Team Hondo donation page:
    http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise/team?ftid=23961

James' donation page:
    http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=248746

6. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Course of the Force kicked off today at Skywalker Ranch.

Here's the schedule of Course of the Force events in San Diego County:

Sunday, July 14
    - 10:00 am to 11:30 am - Relay in North Oceanside
    - Conival at Oceanside Pier (11 AM to 4 PM) – with concert by Thunder Road (Bruce Springsteen cover band) at 2:30 pm

Monday, July 15
    - 8:00 am to 10:30 am - Relay in Oceanside and Carlsbad (I'll be in the Carlsbad segment)
    - 2:30 pm to 5:45 pm - Relay from Torrey Pines to Pacific Beach

Tuesday, July 16
    - 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm - Relay from Pacific Beach to Hard Rock Hotel, downtown San Diego

7. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    I will try to make it to the Conival on Sunday.

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
  9. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Isn't a 'conival' a mountain in Scotland? :confused:

Did you mean 'carnival'?

i'm confused. :(

10. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Conival is the term that Course of the Force uses for their outdoor festival events as they wind their way to Comic-Con. one part con, one part carnival. and a lotta parts not really either - mostly just the sponsors having booths.

11. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Then they should've spelled it Con-ival, with the hyphen, because Conival is not a real word and they don't want to confuse those of us who have memorized the dictionary. :p

12. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
  13. Lord_Dubi

Sep 3, 2012
    I spy Jeff Carlisle and Chris Hardwick...

14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002