main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Courting the Darkside - (Inbetween ANH and ESB (Conclusion: Aug.1st!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan feline, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    This is a story, picking up right where my last one, Finding the Way Home, left off. If you haven't read that one, it might be good to. But if you don't want to take the time, don't worry about it. I will try to explain what's happening as I go along, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! This is the link, Finding the Way Home It's not very long, so if you have the time, I'd love to have you read it.

For those of you who don't want to go back,here's a brief summary of *Finding the Way Home*:

Basically, in the last story, it started out with Makaella waking up in a prison cell. She wasn't sure where she was, or how she got there. (she's actually from Earth.) Then after a while, a commander in the Empire comes in and drills her with questions, but won't accept her answers, he gets angry and slaps her a few times. But one of the stormtroopers holds his hand back the last time. Anyway, they come back and use the same torturing device as before and leave her in a lot of pain. The same stormtrooper comes back later and brings bacta patches and they end up becoming friends. She finds out she's the daughter of an important Jedi, and the Emperor decieves her into thinking he was a fool. He begins trainining her in the Darkside. He begins to notice that she's conflicted and so sends her to train with Darth Vader instead...

Meanwhile another girl named Kayly shows up on the Larrs farm on Tatooine, dressed in a strange costume...(a california raison) and they at first think she's an alien, until she wakes up. She goes w/ Luke to talk to Ben and she ends up going with them to Mos Eisley and then on to being captured by the Death Star...but on the way there, she and Obi-Wan make the discovery that she is his daughter...

Meanwhile...Makaella starts realizing the true evil of teh Empire, and goes to talk to Princess Leia about it. She decides she needs to help the rebellion, but when they come to rescue Leia, she gets destracted by the battle between Vader and Obi-Wan...she notices soemthing familiar about Obi-Wan. She realizes that he is her father, just as Darth Vader cuts him down. The rebels escaped w/out her and she has to find a new way of getting off of the Death Star.

Her friend, (the stormtrooper who helped her) whom she'd come to know As Aryn Nightly, ends up being transferred back to the Emperor's ship immediately following. Up until that time he had never shown her what he even looked like. Anyway, he came to say goodbye, and ended up taking off his mask. And he tells her that he cares for her, and that they'll see eachother again. (BTW, he's really hot! ) Anyway, she ends up getting to flie a Tie Fighter during the battle, and when the Death Star blows, that's when she's free to come to the rebels. And that's basically where this story picks up.

Anyway, I will now begin the story...

Courting the Darksideby padawan feline

As Luke Skywalker landed inside the Yavin IV docking bay, his heart was finally able to relax and enjoy the feeling of elation that was coursing through his veins. He had done it! The Empire would be set back for several months, if not years after the blow he'd just fed them. Well...not just him, the entire rebellion was to thank for the recent victory, though he couldn't help but feel that he was at least a big part of what had come to pass.

Once his X-wing was fully on the ground, he shut off his engines and popped the window up. He hurried down the ladder and was pleased to see Leia waiting for him with open arms. Not to mention a crowd of fellow pilots and crewmen cheering him on.

Leia rushed toward him. "Luke! Luke! Luke!" She threw her arms around him and hugged him as they danced around in a circle. Soon Han ran in toward Luke and they embraced one another, slapping each other on the back.

"Hey! Hey" Han said, laughing.

Luke grinned. "I knew you'd come back! I just knew it!"

"Well, I wasn't gonna let you get all the credit and take all

2. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  3. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Hey, this looks really interesting! :) I like how you wrote part of the last scene in Star Wars. Even though I knew exactly what was happening, and what would happen next, I really enjoyed reading it. I love how you're showing Leia's evergrowing annyoance of Han. Makes all their fighting in ESB make so much more sense seeing them like that early on. ;) So far, so good. I look forward to the next post! :D

4. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    YAY!!!! I got a reader! :D :D Thanks for reading, Jade_Skywalker! Glad you liked that! I think will be funny to write this because everything is still in its beginnings, I mean Luke still has a crush on Leia for heaven's sake! ;) Just to warn you though, I am writing this as if Splinter of a Mind's Eye never happened. This is my own inbetween ANH and ESB. Anyway, without any further adeu, here's the next post! :D

Makaella slowly lowered her X-wing to the ground, relieved to have made her first successful landing. She popped open the top and waited for a ladder to be brought to her ship. There was a small group of people waiting for her. Among them was The Princess, Leia, Luke, and that other rebel...the rugged looking one and the tall harry creature she'd seen with them before. Makaella apprehensively climbed down the ladder, and Leia stepped forward to greet her.

"Welcome to the rebel base, Makaella." Leia said, smiling warmly.

The two men behind her were watching her carefully, and did not seem happy at all to see her. Makaella removed the helmet from her head, and shook out her hair. "Thanks so much for allowing me to land!"

An audible gasp escaped the two men, and even Leia seemed to look at her closely. Makaella's heart began to thump. "What is it?"

"Kayly! What in the FORCE were you thinking going out there?!" Luke said, coming alive.

Makaella gave him an odd look. She had barely spoken to the man, and he was already giving her a nickname? But then...though she hadn't thought of it, that was the same thing he'd called her when she'd run into him on the Death Star. "What do you mean?"

"We were worried about you! But we would have been ten times as worried if we'd known you'd decided to join in on the battle! And in an imperial ship!" The rugged man put in.

"Yeah! What if I had shot you or something?" Luke added.

Makaella laughed sardonically. "Actually, Luke, you did[/b]. Well, shot at me I should say."

Luke frowned. "Where did you get the crazy idea to follow us?"

"I wanted to escape Vader." She replied.

"I don't understand...why didn't you tell me who you were the first time we met?" Leia asked, giving her an odd, and very confused look.

Makaella really wasn't sure exactly what Leia was getting at, she had told her who she was the first time they'd met. These rebels were acting pretty strange, almost as though they'd known her for a long time. Especially Luke! Giving her a nickname...something strange was going on here.

"Sorry about your dad, kid." The rugged looking man said, his eyes seeming to soften.

Makaella gave him a sharp look. Now this was fishy indeed! No one knew about her father but her and Aryn, and Vader of course. Makaella glared. "What are you talking about?" She snapped, surprised at her own anger.

He held up his hands. "Hey, I was just trying to...I don't know...you don't need to bite my head off you know. I know it's hard for you."

Luke came and put his arm around her shoulders. "It's ok, Ben's death has affected us all. Do you want to talk about it yet?"

Makaella shoved his arm away and stepped back a few steps. "Why are you all acting like this? I barely know any of you! I've only really formally met Leia here! How do any of you know my name?"

Luke looked baffled. "What do you mean, Kayly?"

Makaella glared. "And what's with this Kayly business? I never asked you to call me that! You act like you all know me!"

"So...you're saying that you're not Kayly?" Leia said slowly, trying to understand.

"None of you know me well enough to be giving me nicknames! I am Makaella, I told you that when we were back on the Death Star."

"Do you think that the shock of losing Ben was enough to give her amnesia?" Luke said, ignoring Makaella and turning to Leia.

Leia shook her head. "No Luke...I think they may be two different people. Come to think of it, I saw her long before the Falcon even came to the Death Star. I always

5. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  6. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    alright, up again! :(

7. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Sweet! :) I actually didn't find it that hard to follow. Yes, I've never read the first one, but by the way Luke and Han were speaking to her, I was able to put it together like a puzzle, which in my opinion, shows great story telling techniques. To be able to have the story pictured in one's mind without being confusing, and using only the dialog too. :) Great job! :D

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Found it.

I've printed it out to read in detail I hope tonight.

A quick glance tells me that it is going to be excellent.

9. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    This is a good story. Keep up the good work! I had not read the first one, but maybe I will to get caught up. I was not confused, but then again, maybe I should be?

Keep up the good work!

10. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Yay!!! More readers! Thanks for the feedback, Jedi_Trevor and Jade! And thank you as always, Crystal! It's so nice to get new readers! :D :D Let me know when and if you're ready for the next installment! :D TTFN!

11. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Ok I know I'm a loser for double posting all the time, but it's the only way to keep my story up there! This forum is so fast pased! ;) :D

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    As promised.

The story is excellent and for those who have not read the firt one, as some in my office have not, they thought it was easy to follow. Good characterzation and I like the plot. Keep up the good work. :)

13. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks for reading, Crystal! I'm glad no one is confused as of yet... ;) I have the next part ready, so I think I'll just go ahead and post it. Hope you like! And don't forget to ask questions if any of you get confused! ;) :D
    PS- This next part is in Aryn's point of view, he's the Stormtrooper who helped her on the Death Star, then got sent back to the Emperor's ship just before the battle began.

Aryn paused briefly before entering the Emperor's Chamber. He didn't like the fact that he had been summoned back so soon, and so unexpectedly. He didn't like it at all. When he had been sent to the Death Star a few days ago, he had been expecting to be there for at least a few weeks, if not more. Or perhaps, it was more that he had hoped it would be longer. Aryn shook his head underneath his stormtrooper helmet.

He still could not decide what had been going through his mind when he had decided to allow his feelings for Makaella to be known. He wanted to kick himself, remembering he had allowed himself to be so weak! The entire situation had gone way beyond what he had ever expected it to be. It had all started the first time he'd met her, when she had been a prisoner. He'd come very near blowing his cover when he'd held Krisch's hand back from slapping the frightened Makaella that first day. He smiled a little at the memory of Krisch's face when he'd been undermined by one of his lowly stormtroopers. And then his look of absolute horror, when the Emperor had taken punishment out on him, the superior one rather than so much as shake a finger at Aryn.

His smile only lasted a moment, when the memory of the sort of punishment Krisch had received came back to his mind. Aryn couldn't help feeling responsible for Krisch's execution, though he had insisted it was not deserved. Krisch had been a bully, but that was not a crime punishable by death, in Aryn's opinion. But the Emperor had decided otherwise. It often haunted Aryn's mind that if he'd never stepped in, Krisch would still have been alive today. But then, Makaella may have been made to suffer...and Aryn could not have stood by and allowed that to happen.

Aryn supposed, that even Makaella would very well have been better off had she never met him. Makaella was a very good person. Her only downfall was the fact that she was the daughter of Obi-Wan, and someone who could wield the Force. The Emperor had tried to use that power for his own dark purposes. But Makaella had proved to be incompatible to his particular designs for her. No matter how much he had tried to drag her down to his level, she had managed to stay afloat. Aryn knew the Emperor had not been able to penetrate into her goodness, and so had sent her to train with Darth Vader. Aryn had volunteered himself to go along with her, against his own better judgement. The Emperor had thought nothing of it, and had sent him along so that he could keep an eye, not only on Makaella, but on everything else that was going on on the Death Star. Aryn had even been asked to keep an eye on Lord Vader himself.

Aryn had not had the heart to tell Makaella that he was more than a mere stormtrooper. And she had never thought to question the fact that he was allowed to come see her from time to time, without any questions being asked...and even the initial fact that he'd been able to question Krisch's authority in front of a prisoner, and still be alive to tell about it. Makaella had trusted him fully, she had been too innocent to think that he could be telling her anything but the truth. Aryn always knew that she really was too good to be making friends with the likes of him. He had never meant to care for her...he had done his best to stay away for as long as possible, but no matter how long he'd stayed away, she had never left him. She was always in his thoughts. Aryn hated himself for his weakness. Makaella deserved so much better than he, or the Empire could ever give. That was why he'd decided he'd needed to help her escape, it was the least he could

14. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  15. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
  16. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    What the heck, UP!!!!!! Again!!!!!

17. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    uUuuuUUuuuuuUUUUuP!

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my goodness, I've really messed up by missing this story. I am very sorry. I just can't keep up like I want to with all the stories. But I am trying.

Okay here is the reply to your last update.

I like having Aryn"s point of view. I also like the mystery of trying to figure out exactly who he is. I also like how he cares for her even though he had not plan on it, which we know of course no one plans on falling in love, and this is going to add to the story in seeing how and what he does with his love for her. The story has a excellent plot and the characters are very well developed.

Keep going. I will try to be more careful in not missing your updates again.

19. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Oh phew! So you are still reading! Hey don't worry about it. I've actually been pretty busy lately too! But I am glad that you took the time to read! :D Here's some more! :D I think you'll find that Aryn will have a much larger role in this story than the last, so yeah. Hope you like! :D

They led Makaella outside the temple a small ways into the jungle surrounding the temple. Makaella followed along silently, taking in a deep breath of the fresh jungle air. The first breath of fresh air she'd had in months. She had almost forgotten how it felt to breath air that was not filtered. She smiled and allowed the smell of fresh flowers, and foliage to envelope her. She could hear birds chirping in nearby trees, and the buzz of tiny insects that were about their daily business, it almost brought tears to her eyes to realize how much she'd missed the feeling of the outdoors. There was just something calming, and peaceful about nature, that filled her with the warmth and light she had been too long deprived of.

"There she is." Luke's voice broke into her reverie. He was pointing at a tall, tree with deep green vines following the trunk all the way to the top where the canopy of leaves blocked the sun and offered a pleasant cool shade. Underneath, in shadow sat a young woman with the same deep chestnut brown hair and deep-set brown eyes as her own. She gave them each a nod as they approached, but when her eyes fell on Makaella, her eyes narrowed, and she seemed to look a little closer. A look of confusion clouded her face and she looked to Luke for an explanation.

"Kayly, we've been looking all over for ya!" Luke said, coming to her and patting her shoulder. "There's somebody we'd all like you to meet!"

Kayly's eyes shifted to Makaella, and then back at Luke, as if not sure how to respond.

Makaella smiled, and came and stood before her. "Hello Kayly, my name is Makaella. I believe we have some catching up to do."

Kayly gave her a rye smile. "The Empire has one too..." She echoed, winking at Luke. "And here all this time I had thought that the rebellion had all the beauty! Well now I suppose it really does!"

Makaella laughed at that. "If they can handle it!"

Leia beckoned for Luke and Han. "Well ladies, I am certain you both have a lot to discuss. So we'll leave you two alone while we prepare for the ceremony."

Twin eyes fell on her and nodded their ascent.

"You two take care, alright? Don't stay out here too long." Luke said, then added, "You will come to the ceremony, won't you?"

"Luke, give them their time." Leia gently scolded.

"Don't worry Luke, I wouldn't miss you receiving your medal for the world! It will be interesting to see if your head is capable of getting any bigger than it already is!" Kayly replied, smiling up at him.

Luke blushed a little at that. "I don't have a big head."

Makaella couldn't help but laugh, and Luke frowned at her. "Don't tell me you're going to be just like her!" He said, kicking at a small rock.

"I don't know kid, they do have a point..." Han said.

"Hey!" Luke turned to confront him.

"That is enough. We don't have a lot of time before we must evacuate, now let's get going." Leia said, then turning to Makaella and Kayly. "Take as much time as you need, you know where to find us."

"Thank-you, Princess Leia." Makaella said, bowing slightly.

Leia laughed. "You needn't address me so formally. You may call me Leia."

Makaella blushed. "I'm sorry, we don't see a lot of royalty where I come from."

"It is quite alright." Leia assured her, then turned and headed back to the temple, with Han and Luke in her tow.

There wasn't a lot of time after the ceremony ended for any more dilly dally. Soon after it ended, the work of relocation began. The Empire had been delivered a tough blow that was for certain, but it in no way insured that they would not be back again. Makaella followed Kayly up the landing ramp of Han's ship, the Millenium Falco

20. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I like that the two sisters have found eachother.

I like how too the banter between luke and han and chewie. Excellent work. I look forward to the two sisters having a talk explaing about each other etc.

21. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Hey padawan feline , this is really cool! Keep it up! You've done a great job getting the personalities and way of speaking fro Luke, Leia and Han. Can't wait to see more

22. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thank you as always, Crystal Kenobi! I'm so glad you're still reading! :D :D

Pulsar Skate, I am glad to have you on board! I hope you'll be sticking around! Because this is only the beginning! :D :D

Here's some more, if you should care to read!

Aryn took another moment to compose himself, before stepping inside the throne room. Once he had entered, the red robed guards closed the door behind him. Aryn removed his helmet and walked up the long aisle leading to the Emperor's Throne, which was at the moment, turned away from him and facing the large, circular view port. Aryn felt a sense of foreboding sweep over him. Something wasn't right. The Emperor's mood was...

"Come here." The Emperor's voice cracked, as he swung his throne around to face him.

Aryn lowered his gaze and walked the rest of the way up the aisle until he was no more than three meters from the foot of his throne. He knelt down on one knee. "I have come at your summons."

The Emperor's yellow eyes regarded him coldly. "On your feet."

Aryn did as he was told, and stood at attention before the powerful ruler.

"I know why you have come." His eyes met Aryn's and they narrowed.

Aryn had to look away. He didn't like what he saw behind those eyes.

"Something happened on board the Death Star..." The Emperor's eyes continued to penetrate him. "Didn't it?" He almost shouted, clutching the arms of the throne with his bony, almost lifeless hands.

Aryn's eyes shot up to meet the Emperor's. "Nothing that isn't against Imperial Code, I can assure you. Everything was running quite well when I left it. You need not distrust your Apprentice, Lord Vader."

"That is notwhat I mean, boy." He snapped, rising to his feet.

Aryn swallowed. "What is it that you would like to know?"

"The girl..." He replied. "Tell me about the girl."

Aryn had to think quickly. He slammed up his defenses and remained expressionless. "The daughter of Kenobi?"

The edge of the Emperor's thin mouth twitched, as though it were a weak smile. "Yes."

Aryn rolled up his eyes as if collecting his thoughts. "She has been training under Darth Vader's tutelage. Things are coming slowly, but I feel that she will understand in time." He replied.

"Time?" The Emperor echoed, walking toward the large view port and staring straight forward. "I'm afraid Aryn, that she has run out of time."

Aryn tightened his lips and took a deep, calming breath. He could not allow the Emperor to know that he cared for her. "You have decided that she will not do?"

The Emperor shook his head, then slowly turned around to face him. "It's all gone, Aryn."

Aryn wrinkled his brow. "What is all gone?"

"The rebels." The Emperor said, an intense hate flowing through his dark presence. "They destroyed it."

Aryn watched him carefully. "Destroyed what?"

"Fools." The Emperor hissed. "They said, that it had no weakness. It was to be an invincible force!" The Emperor's voice continued to rise in volume and intensity. "The galaxy was made to fear it's swift and mighty hand! It was our most powerful asset." His voice lowered. "And now, it is gone."

"Gone?" Aryn's mouth went dry. "How can it be...gone?"

"The stolen technical readouts that the rebels took with them when they escaped. They were able to find a weakness near the reactor core." The Emperor said, his eyes suddenly meeting Aryn's yet again, searching into his mind.

Aryn wanted to squirm. "Were there any survivors?"

"How good of you to be concerned." The Emperor said in an accusatory tone. "For your information, there were survivors. But only those who were a part of the Tie-Fighter force. They were sent out to stop a small attack from the rebels. My apprentice, was among them."

Makaella... Aryn clenched his jaw.

"I suppose you wonder what became of your little, friend." The Emperor's eyes were watching him.

Aryn looked up. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh you needn't play game

23. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    *sigh* UP!!!!

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent. I was standing right there with him trembling in my shoes. I had chills running down my back. Perfect match, O I think that she got away just in time, because I don't like the sound of what the emperor meant by that. Poor aryn, he is in a difficult situation now for sure.

Yes she is from a powerful line, Kenobi's. I wonder if kenobi will talke with her and her sister down the road.

Aryn felt a chill run up his spine.

"She must be made to pay for what she has done."

****stands frozen in fear for her.*******

Keep up the good work.

25. padawan feline

May 26, 1999
    Thanks again for reading! :D You always make the best comments! :D Here's some more! :D

The trip to Neethador had seemed to take a life time, at least to Kayly. She still was not used to extended amounts of time inside a space ship. She wasn't sure if she ever would be. Perhaps it wasn't exactly the length of time that had made it seem so, but more the fact that she was restless within herself. It was still only a few days past since she'd met Ben Kenobi, realized he was her father, and then had to say goodbye to him. He had left her with so many questions, and feelings that she had yet to sort out in her mind. And now, she had been introduced to a new member of the family she hadn't known existed. They hadn't had a very long time to talk, and most of what had been said had been vague. Kayly knew that she had been holding back, and she sensed that Makaella had been doing so also. Kayly had wanted to open her whole heart to her father when she'd discovered who he was, but she had already lived to regret it. She didn't like pain, she always did everything within her power to avoid it. She wasn't sure if opening up to Makaella so soon would be wise.

Kayly glanced over at Makaella, who was sleeping on a bench across from her. It was so strange to see an exact copy of herself. Kayly wondered what sort of secrets from her own past that Makaella might be able to reveal. When she had asked Makaella about their mother, she had told her that she knew nothing, and had hastily brought up another subject. That had seemed strange to Kayly. Even disturbing. What was it about their mother that Makaella did not want her to know? Or had she really not known anything? She did not know her well enough yet to judge, but Kayly's instinct told her that Makaella knew something. She supposed, that the only way to drag it out of her would be to talk to her about it. But she would be forced to open herself up for more hurt... Kayly frowned. Perhaps there would come a time for all that, but not just yet.

There was a loud beeping sound, and Kayly watched Han get up from his game of sabbaac (He and Chewie had been teaching Luke how to play,) and cross into the cockpit, with Chewie at his tow. Luke's blue eyes met Kayly's gaze.

"Looks like we're just about there." He commented.

Kayly nodded. "So, are you winning?"

Luke looked down at his hand of cards. "Not sure."

Kayly got to her feet and crossed to the table where Luke sat. She picked up Han's hand of cards and then Chewie's. "Wanna see?" She asked him.

Luke gave her a blank look, like he wasn't sure how to answer.

"Come on, they won't be back for a few minutes." She urged him.

Luke seemed to consider it, then finally shook his head. "That wouldn't be right!"

"Oh come on, you aren't even betting real money!" Kayly persisted.

Luke smiled. "I know, but I still had better just play by the rules."

Kayly raised her eyebrows as she set the cards down where she had found them. Then crossed over to look at what Luke held in his hands. "Suit yourself, but you know that if the situation were reversed, that Han wouldn't have hesitated to look at yours."

"Na, Han wouldn't do that...well...at least I wouldn't."

Kayly laughed.

"Get ready to pull out of Hyperspace!" Han called from the cockpit.

Kayly and Luke each strapped themselves in, just in time for the powerful jolt. After which, Luke hurried into the cockpit, and Kayly decided to follow. Looming just before them, through the front viewport was a large, brown and green, glowing planet.

"So this is it?" Luke asked.

"That's it kid." Han agreed, sitting back and placing his hands behind his head. "So, do you think the Princess missed me?"

"No. I don't." Luke said very quickly.

Han winked at Kayly, and she smiled. "Do you think we're the first to arrive?" She asked.

"At least among the first. This is one of the fastest ships in the galaxy." Han said proudly.

"How are the life form readings?" Luke asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.