main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive -Courtney-'s Fan Art- Updated December 28th

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by -Courtney-, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/thrax2.jpg]

A completed picure of Thrax. I almost gave up on this one, I wasn't happy with how it turned out coloured. But I stuck to it & the end result is pretty good if I do say so myself. By the way, I cut around him because it makes him look real when on my wall, might put him on card. The scan doesn't do the real thing much justice, it never does.
    If I had waited a little longer I could have scanned it when it was just lead pencil, but you know what it's like when you start drawing, you just can't stop.

2. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Hi! :D

Courtney, you have real talent! I think it's wonderful how you've taken your love of Star wars and expressed it in an artistic form. Your drawings of Grievous are very good. I think showing the process through to the finished product is a nice thing to do. I've always enjoyed the development of artwork. [face_batting]

Keep up the good work!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, great drawing of Thrax, Courtney!! I love the gesture and his expression--sort of casual and musing (evilly, we must assume!)--and the shades, sitting just off his eyes, are a great touch! I really like this one! And as to the mechanical stuff--it's like everything else in art: practice-practice-practice! I don't do much of it myself (and only when I absolutely cannot avoid it!), mainly because I always have to break out the rulers and extra-sharp pencils and compasses and stuff to get anything that is vaguely realistic... I've tried X-wings in the past and failed miserably, so that you got something recognizable as that ship is better than I can do! lol! Having some little models to look at while you draw helps a lot (and I don't have any of those either...), or some good photos of the ship/vehicle you're doing--that way you have a good solid reference for your work, which is always a help. Just keep at it, and the skills will develop! And you're certainly not the first actor/actress to comment that "playing villains is more fun!" I seem to hear that a lot! So--keep on having fun! Who knows? Maybe someday you can play a villain in a SW film! ;) Looking forward to more!

FF

4. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    Well there is that Star Wars television series to be made next year. I wonder when they start casting?
    -----
    I have very little reference material for the ships, none that were at the angle I drew them at. I have done a few sketches lately of ships & how their wings look at different angles. I am getting pretty good.
    -----
    Thank you for your comment Palpy! I think it's wonderful how you've taken your love of Star wars (especially Grievous) and expressed it in fan fiction.

5. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    This is easier to scan multiple things at once, so there is more reason to visit every time I update. I saw POTC II last weekend & I loved it more than the first movie. One of my favourite characters, other than Will & Jack of course is Ragetti. He is so cute! I purposley made him a little out of proportion because he is skinny & his head kind of looks big:
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/ragetti.jpg]
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/ragetti2.jpg]

Well, I promised to do some superhero art & Slade doesn't count I guess because he is a villian. Here's Batman, my favourite comic character on black card with white pencil, an effect I love but have never been able to try before. This was very easy so I may make more
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/batman.jpg]
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/batman2.jpg]

This is Colonel Strawberry, a character created by a friend of mine on DevianART of the same name http://colonel-strawberry.deviantart.com/. I think he is inspired by all the dogs from Disney cartoons, he is so adorable:
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/colonelstrawberry.jpg]
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/colonelstrawberry-1.jpg]

6. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I enjoy your batman pics, gotta love the Bat. :D

7. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    Everybody loves Batman!

8. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Damn diggity right!!! Now I'm in the batman mood...I think I shall go watch Batman now. Thankyou...

9. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    Which Batman are you going to watch?
    -----
    This is my dog, Buzz. He is named after Buzz Lightyear:
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/buzz.jpg]
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/Buzz.jpg]

10. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    I watched Batman Begins again last night...though I was feeling a little Batman Forever, perhaps that one is tonight.

Edit: Buzz Lightyear is awesome...he actually looks like the dog from toy story.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I agree that the Batman drawings are wonderful, -Courtney-! Excellent use of the "white-on-black" for effect--and it's fun, isn't it? ;) Of the two, I think I like the second one best--the lighting appears a little more dramatic (and that design behind him is intriguing!). "Colonel Strawberry" is darling! Great job in capturing that "Disney-look" to him (I also like the colors!). And the portrait of your own pet is wonderful!! You got a great likeness of him with all the markings in just the right spots! He looks like a great dog, too! **pets Buzz** :D Very nice work--keep it up!

FF

12. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    Batman Begins ROXORS! I love Scarecrow! I also love The Riddler but I feel that Tim Burton's movies really ruined him. BTAS was the best version of Batman & portrayed all the characters as they should be (except maybe Scarecrow). The Riddler isn't suposed to be some giggling trickster, he is much more calm. He is intelligent, obsessive & a little narcassistic, feeling superior to every one else.
    Watching the episodes he appears in, there are some things he does that remind me of myself, which is kind of creepy.
    -----
    It seems most people like my lighting Batman pic the most, I got a few comments on it at DeviantART.
    I liked drawing the colonel, my mum was happy that I was drawing something cute & innocent as opposed to what I normally do.
    I love my Buzz puppy even more though.

13. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Batman Begins is batman done right...

Actually Time Burton just produced Batman Forever, Joel directed it...I know the Riddler was played more like the Joker in a green jumpsuit...but there is something about Batman Forever that puts it second on my list. It's the dark balanced with the campiness of it all. I really like the style of the film too...it's like one big colorful painting that is still twisted and dark at the same time. :D While Jim carrey's performance of the Riddler is not true to the character it is indearing and fun to watch to say the least.

Well then I suppose you are intelligent, obsessive & a little narcassistic, feeling superior to every one else...that is since he reminds you of yourself.

The Riddler is my favorite bat baddie...followed by Mr. Freeze and the Joker.

I have two questions:

What is BTAS??

And why don't you do some Riddler artwork!?

Keep up the good work. [face_peace]

14. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    Actually I have been practicing a little bit of Bruce Timm's art. So far I have perfected Batman, but I am still practicing with the Riddler.
    -----
    "Well then I suppose you are intelligent, obsessive & a little narcassistic, feeling superior to every one else...that is since he reminds you of yourself."
    Maybe, just a little bit,lol. I so wish I had a question mark cane like he has.
    -----
    BTAS is Batman The Animated Series, one of the greatest superhero cartoons of all time.
    -----
    You can tell when a movie is by Tim Burton when it is creepy & gothic but fun at the same time.

15. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Batman The Animated Series, one of the greatest superhero cartoons of all time.

I completely agree...I have season 1 on DVD and watch it all the time.

I also have Batman Beyond season 1 and Teen Titans season 1...they are all excellent. You should check those out too! [face_peace]

16. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    I love Teen Titans, Robin is cute & Slade is hot. I drew a picture of him not that long ago. Some people say they don't like it but I think it is alot of fun who cares if it doesn't make sense that they don't have parents or wear their costumes all the time?

I have watched a bit of Batman Beyond, but I find it depressing that Bruce is no longer Batman & all the characters I love are gone. Return Of The Joker was fantastic though, I loved the flash back scene, dark & creepy just the way I like it!

Bruce Timm is a god! Too bad the vilianous Cartoon Network keeps killing all his shows off after only three years or so.

The Superman The Animated Series episode "World's Finest" is on tomorrow, OMG that is going to be so awesome! Batman teams up with Superman & Lex with The Joker! Of course seeing them together will be nothing new because I watched Justice League.
    I don't like Superman as much as Batman but I guess he is alright.

17. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    I like Superman if wrre talking christopher reeve in the 1977 movie..and the second one. All other supermans I don't really like.

I have the Robin maquette statue from teen titans here in my room...it's awesome.

18. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/harleyquinn.jpg]
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/bobafett-1.jpg]
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/batmancape.jpg]

19. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    I just finished drawing this little Riddler, ain't he so cute?!:
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/riddler.jpg]

20. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Just stumbled on this :)

Veeeeery nice!
    Your Batman sketches are fantastic too! I think you should definately keep drawing....

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yup he's cute.

22. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    Thank you.
    It seems that I can draw anything Batman related in a very short time. All of them were drawn in under half an hour.

23. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Colonel Strawberry is adorable!

Yes, out of the two Batman pics, I also prefer the second one--it does show less of him, but it has more shock to it. I think it might be the heavier lines on his outline, and less detail.

Buzz is good! Did you show him his portrait? heheh I'm sure he'd like it!

Yup--when we totally dig a character, it seems easier to draw--that's why I'm drawing basically anything Mandalorian. I'll move on after my little "Fettish" dies down a bit...um, IF it dies down? LOL never. I would like to try other characters too.

24. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    I also love Boba Fett. My mum thinks it weird because I don't really know what he looks like but I think he is hot. It's probably the Mandalorian armour...Sexy!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    How did I miss these last two updates?? **scratches head** And with one of my all-time favorite villainesses, too!! I just adore the Harley Quinn piece, -Courtney-! She looks fantastic, just like out of the cartoon! Great great job with that! And your "Restful Boba Fett" is just wonderful: this piece has a terrific, sort of contemplative atmosphere, as though he's just lounging someplace, taking a break--perhaps thinking about how he's going to make the next payment on Slave 1! ;) Awesome work, and very nice coloring! And I do agree that your Riddler is cute! Just a suggestion here: why don't you try doing some of the SW characters in your adaption of Bruce Timm's style...? I think it'd be great to see you do a series of the CW Jedi-Generals in this style--and since it comes to you so easily, it could be a fun exercise for you, too! Think about it--a way to stretch those animator-skills you're developing so quickly! ;) Great stuff--keep up the wonderful work!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.