main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Courtney Solo's "Lovely" Fan "Art" -New Art: March 24th ~ page 10 -

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Courtney_Solo, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  2. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I am wondering whether or not to make any more...

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Don't get discouraged.

I know currently a lot of folks are busy with school(I know I am) and other activities now that the weather is getting nice again. I say just give it more time and see what happens. I know another factor that may determine if you get any traffic to your thread is how you display your images. Posting your work all together as direct links really cuts down on loading times for folks with slower connections. Some may not have the patience to let the page load all the images. Links may be something to think about for the future. ;)

4. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks for the hint, Hehe. I'll go edit that. :D

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey C_S! I like these last two w/ps--nice images both! The one of Jaina is my favorite of the two, though--I love that image of her, and the choice for a quote is very "Jaina!" Nice work on them both--and our erstwile moderator speaketh the truth regarding slow loading of image-heavy pages... I'm in a rural area and still have only dial-up (nothing else available), so image-heavy pages can sometimes take ages to load, and often I just don't have the time available to wait for it all. Links are a good way to go, as they load up right quick, even on dial-up--posting a bit of text along with the link to explain about the work is also nice (sort of a prelude...). These are just suggestions, but would really be helpful to those of us still saddled with slower connections (and there are a few!). Again--very nice wallpapers!

FF

7. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank you, FalconFan! :D

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Sorry, I've missed a lot here.
    But I really like your work; great choice of images here again. You only take the best pieces. =D=

9. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks so much, Chilla! :D My secret? Google. :p I actually don't think they're very good, but I'm glad you're pleased. [face_cowboy] :p

C @};- S

10. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    It can be disheartening sometime to post and get no responses, either for good or bad. I know exactly how that goes. But you are making some nice pieces here, so do keep it up! The traffic on these boards is often fairly slow too, so you might want to save up a few pieces then post them. :)

11. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! [:D]

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  13. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  14. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    You've been busy, Courtney--lots of new work!

"I Am Tahiri Veila" made me quite sad--of course she has a reason to live! She's one of my favorite Jedi, who's had a really rough time of it--but there's still so much she can offer to the galaxy, as a Jedi and as a person! I love the young woman you chose to portray her--who is this?

Jacen's w/p is wonderful--and imagine my surprise when I saw my drawing of Jace there! ;) The coverart images of him are some of my favorites (there's some great art out there of Jacen!), and the composition is very nice, moving the eye easily around the frame. Lovely!

Anakin's w/p is another sad one (why-oh-why did the authors have to kill him off...?)--the "set-in" of the images feels very cohesive.

The Anakin Skywalker pieces are nicely arranged--including those parts of the Jedi Code with the powerful images really evokes a lot of emotion, and beautifully illustrates Anakin's fall. The image of him pressing the lightsaber toward Obi Wan's throat is one I don't think I've seen before (other than in the movie)--the coldness in his expression is blood-chilling... **shudders** And the Hayden Christensen image is wonderful! It's actually really nice to see him really smile for a change (he was so grim all the way through the PT, and he has such a nice smile! :D)! I like the black and white--was the photo that way, or did you use b/w just for your image?

Nice additions here!

FF

16. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Hey! Yeah, I absolutely LOVED your picture of Jacen, so I HAD to add it in! :p
    I loved the pictures for Anakin's pieces, they just seemed to fit :)
    Um, the girl portraying Tahiri Veila is Kate Barlow (or something) ... um ... she's Orlando Bloom's girlfriend! (I think...) :D
    I also loved the Anakin Solo one (I'm just as mad as you are about him being killed off) because I got to add Tahiri in quite easily without making a dramatic entrance. That sounded weird...

The Hayden Christensen one, um, I just went to Google and did a search for "Hayden Christensen". It came black and white, and then I centered the photo, outlined it in black and connected his name to the black so it looked sort of like the font came of of the darkness.

I [face_love] his smile! :D

C @};- S

17. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005

TPM: Padme
    I made this in, like, 5 seconds, so it's not beautiful or anything...

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, yeah! [face_laugh] The Skywalker and Solo men always seem to fall for the beautiful women that can "kick some butt!" [face_laugh] We were having a similar discussion in another thread recently, and this just fits right in! Great picture, and a nice representation of Padme as the "warrior Queen!" And if you did this in only 5 seconds...how long do your more complicated pieces take you...? [face_thinking] Another nice piece!

FF

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  20. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    oooooooooooo, perdy-ful!

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    More new w/ps! You really do crank these out quickly!

Of this new batch, I really like the one of Yoda: that shot, with him catching Force-lightning in his hands, was always one of my favorites--he is indeed a powerful Jedi! I may have to have a go at drawing our "little green friend" one of these days... [face_thinking] "This Party's Over" is also nice, with the insets of Jango and Mace--I like that one, too!

You're really getting quite a gallery now--keep up the good work!

FF

22. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks a bunch, JediBettyBug18 and FalconFan!
    I appreciate all the comments!

Yeah, FF, my gallery's getting big w/ a bunch of crap. ;)

C @};- S

23. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.