main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Courtney Solo's "Lovely" Fan "Art" -New Art: March 24th ~ page 10 -

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Courtney_Solo, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    I'm goin' on a feild trip to see where he and other important people died near my hometown.8-}

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice work on the Tahiri wallpapers. I guess it is a safe guess that you are a fan of that particular Jedi. ;)

AG88

3. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, both of you!
    Even though Cassa didn't really say anything ... complimentary.
    But that's okay! Lemme know what you find out! :D

4. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    haven't checked this in a while and I must say IT ROCKS! =D=

[face_coffee] & Cookies [face_coffee]

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks so much, Anni! [:D]

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful James Dean w/ps, Courtney! I love the use of black-and-white on these, as it really takes us back to his time in the spotlight. Effective use of quotes, as well--nicely chosen, and they go well with the images. I always liked James Dean, and think he would have been one of the greatest Hollywood stars of his time, had he lived. Wonderful!

FF

7. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  8. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    He's been dead for 51 years now. :_|

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "He's been dead for 51 years now."

Wow...it's been that long...?

:(

I like this new one, too--he really was quite handsome, wasn't he? This would be a good reference photo for a drawing--maybe you should have a go at drawing him...? :D

I always love to encourage folks to have a go at the "old techniques!" :D

FF

10. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Okay! I'll try! Lol ... :p

11. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Mandy Moore Wallpaper 800x600

Anahiri Wallpapers:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/starwarsfreak1993/anahiriOLD.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/starwarsfreak1993/AnahiriWallaperContrast.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/starwarsfreak1993/AnahiriFilm.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/starwarsfreak1993/AnahiriWallpaper2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/starwarsfreak1993/AnahiriWallpaperpurpleborder.jpg

Tahiri "Old Holo"

Tahiri Wallpaper 800x600

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Courtney--quite a lot of versions of your Anahiri w/p! I think I like the second one the best, though--and the "old holo" of Tahiri is a nice filter for that image! Pretty! I like the Padme wallpaper, too--including Anakin's rather tortured-looking face is an interesting counterpoint to all the images of Padme. Just one suggestion with this one: the central image of her face is a bit "dismembered" to me--if you included just a hint more detail around her shoulders/neck (not a lot--just a suggestion of her neck and/or shoulders), it would help make it a little less..."floaty...?" Just a suggestion! Very pretty effect on the hooded Padme, though, with the sort of "sparkles" around her hood! On the Mandy Moore piece, I think you need a little something more in that one--it just feels like there's a lot of empty space there. Perhaps enlarging her image, or adding a few more might give it a less vacant feel...again, just a suggestion.

FF

14. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    The first one of Anahiri Wallpapers is my favorite! SO AWESOME!

15. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, you guys!

16. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Courtney!

I also love the first Anahiri wallp! [face_love]
    The "old holo" of Tahiri also looks great, I like the effect you've used on it. It really seems to be antique.

The Padme wallp is beautiful! [face_love] I love the font and all the stars. They fit to Padme, if you ask me. :)

Great work! =D=

17. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank you! I <3 THE GIMP. That's how I made the "old photo" look on Tahiri. Padm'e was spontaneous. I was like, OOH! STARS! :p

18. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    It was kind of hard deciding between them all (the film strip look was a neat idea), but I really liked the glare coupled with the mist effect the best ("AnahiriWallpaper2.jpg"). The 'mistyness' adds a little more to the image to me.

The Padme wallpaper is very nice. A beautiful, yet somber scene. The sparkles remind me of stars too which not only make her character look more lovely, but it just does all the more to remind me of the actual scene since it was at nightfall (stars - nightsky). I think it's very fitting.

- Suz ^_~

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks! I basically did all sorts of funky stuff to that pic.
    I basically butchered it. LOL, but thank you!!!

Thank you! I feel it's not quite complete, but thank you anyways. :D

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Padm'e Skywalker
    It's a scan, so it looks WAY better.

Jaina Solo
    It's a drawing I made for my 'fic, "Falling for You". :)
    The first one looked better, but oh well.

Angel & Angie
    This is a drawing I did for my book, "Just a Breath Away".
    It's not very good ... oh well.

Lucy Pevensie
    A close up look. Yay! :D

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WooHoo!! Courtney has a scanner! **does happy-dance** ;)

It's so much easier to see your work this way, my dear! And aren't you happy, to have a nice new scanner now? :) Love the Padme piece--much better to look at it this way, with so much more detail to it! I love the Angel and Angie piece especially: such a lovely composition, with the angel sheltering the little girl, with her hands together in her lap to pray...just lovely! And Lucy looks even better than before--great detailing! On Jaina--beautiful job with the hair; her nose looks a little odd to me, though--I think the width and the way it's shaded might be the reason. Usually we'll only see a definitive "line" on the "uplight side" of the nose in a portrait like this (and this will often simply be the highlight against the more neutral skintones, but that's another lesson for another day)--the "downlight side" will be defined by shadowing, which will also define the width of the nose, in addition to the type of shadow it casts on the cheek. I suggest you browse through some catalogs and magazines for photos of women with this sort of sharp lighting on their faces--really study the way the shadows fall on the face and where, and see how this can define facial shape and contours. The eyes could use a bit more "catchlighting," that little bit of reflected light on the iris (the colored part) from the ambient light on the face--this will really add a lot of life to the eyes. Again--study some portrait-type photos of faces to see this effect and where to put it. Hope this has been somewhat helpful!

I'm so pleased to be able to see your work in more detail! Scanners are great tools for this, particularly for drawings and sketches on paper with pencils or pens--I'd certainly be lost without mine! Good to see an update from you!

FF

22. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Congratulations on getting your scanner! Nice art work. I think I like the angel one the best.

I totally agree with FalconFan. Since I am also learning how to draw, I have been forcing myself to really look at lights and shadows. This is especially important for me since I am using digital paints. I realized that instead of drawing a line to make a nose, I want to paint the higher parts of the nose lighter than the lower parts. Since I am self taught and just a beginner, I really don't know how to explain it as well as FalconFan... so if you don't mind I will show you what I mean:

[image=http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8053/example1xe4.jpg]

As you can see it is a whole lot of lights and shadows that give the face its shape.

Absolutely. The reflected light gives the eyes a wet look.

You are doing great Courtney. Keep up the good work.

AG88

23. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I like the way you draw Jaina's hair, it's very romantic![face_love]

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, y'all!
    I'm going to work on a better Jaina and Krista, :) .

C @};- S

25. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Your drawings are lovely!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.