main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Courtney Solo's "Lovely" Fan "Art" -New Art: March 24th ~ page 10 -

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Courtney_Solo, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Thank you! :D

2. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  3. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I think you've forgotten to edit your post so that everyone knows you've updated. ;)

Jacen and Dani - it's not a pairing I see often (Actually I don't think I've ever seen that before at all). I like the placement and I think you did a good job of trying to fill out Jacen's arm by smudging it down, it's just that it sort of seems to be really spaced out, especially so since the BG is solid black. I think some type of pattern would do better to fill it out more (just my humble opinion). ;)

The Dani holo does indeed give the feel of old and dated with the use of the dulled parchment colour. Oh the Padme wallpaper has such a lovely starry nightscape bg! :D and adding the little sparkles to her is a nice touch. I get the feeling that maybe she's looking up at the sky and wishing upon a star (perhaps hoping for a good outcome which is what makes it so sad).

- Suz ^_~

4. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
  5. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I always love dark color as background![face_love]

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice MJ wallpapers! I think I like the first one best--the near-full body pose seems to work best for me; the second version of Jacen and Danni is also nice (Y_W had some good advice for you on that one!) and I love the Padme piece--and I agree that it's rather poignant... All lovely!

FF

7. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, y'all!

8. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Well, I have a new one!
    I started it last night, and it's kinda rough, but I decided to post it anyways. :D

The Phantom Menace Collage

Courtney @};- Solo

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooooo! I like-I like!! You've done a great job with the composition here, CS--I really like the arrangement of the figures. The likenesses are very good: Qui-Gon, Amidala, little Ani and Maul--Obi-Wan reminds me a bit of Anakin in AOTC, but they shared that hair between them there, so maybe that's it... And Vader looks great! The shading and poses...all wonderful! =D=

FF

10. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank you! I'm still thinking about an Anakin/Tahiri collage ... :D

11. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    WOW Cs, very nice collage!!

FF is right, the shading & poses are wonderful!

D. Maul, Padme, Anakin & vader are especially exceptional.

God bless you and Happy New Year!

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank you. :D
    (Qui-Gon Jinn could use some work, though.) :p

God Bless!

C @};- S

13. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Just a notice: Anakin/Tahiri collage coming soon!

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I like your Phantom Menace collage; Darth Maul is especially nicely drawn, in my opinion.

15. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank you!

PS: I'm still working on the A/T collage. :D

16. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    :oops: I'm sorry - I completely missed this (happens to me a lot).

The second version of Dani & Jacen Wallpaper is great! Not saying that the flowers you added in the original version is bad, it's just that I much prefer the stars because it does fill it out better and it's quite fitting for Star Wars. The stars also add more colour and the bright starlight in the corner works for the highlights that were already on the characters. =D=

Of all the Mara Wall's., I think I like the first one the best (but it was a tough choice as I really like the third one too). I just think that the first one has the best layout. I know I kinda grilled you about your prior wallpaper being too sparse, but I feel that the images and effects you put together in the second version were a little bit busy this time around (Sometimes it's hard to find a right balance).

The Phantom Menace Collage
    :eek: Well this is a nice surprise! A very nice drawing! I agree with FF all the way on the layout of this one. You've put in some really good detail work on each character, one place in particular being their expressions, but I'd like to say that Maul and Vader really stand out to me. I would also like to make a note that I believe there is some imbalance on Qui-Gon's face - like there's a little bit of a slant on the left side of his jaw which is pushing his mouth too far to the right, but all in all, it's a job well done. :D

- Suz ^_~

17. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank you! *Yeah, I hate drawing Qui-Gon. :p

Here are a few more!

Tahiri; Remembrances

Anakin; My Protector

This is How Love Began

C @};- S

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hey Courtney!

Just popping in to say that I love your artwork! Your wallpapers have such nice compositions. :D And I especially love that last one of Anakin and Tahiri -- love began in orange jumpsuits. Hee hee. Awww, so cute. :)

19. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey Courtney! Oh, I've missed some awesome stuff!

I love you wallpapers and the collage as well! They look phantastically! [face_love]

Where did you find the Mara pic that is at the bottom on the right of this wallpaper? :

And lol to the last Anakin/Tahiri one: [face_love] So cute! (and true!)

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Ooh! Thanks you guys!
    Chilla: I got the picture from the cover of a ... ARGH!
    I forget, but it's on TF.N under Japanese covers....

:D

Here's some art for my new book: "The Princess of Spheria"

Princess Sophia

Plain Sophia

These are meant to look like 'realistic cartoons'. :D

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I hate when I'm late! :oops: I missed the latest w/ps and this beautiful update with the drawings! [face_frustrated]!

Very pretty Anahiri wallpapers, Courtney! I think the second one is my fav, with all the pretty "star effects" going on--though the "orange jumpsuits" one is so sweet! :) Your drawings are very nice--the detailing is wonderful in the costuming, and I like the shadowing you began on the "plain Sophia," with the shadow falling away over her shoulder. Always try to carry those same types of shadows onto the face if you can--study some photos of faces with similar lighting and try to do something similar in your drawing. I'm going to send you a link to some studies of eyes, to demonstrate some of the points I think I mentioned in an earlier reply--I'll PM you when they're hosted; just a few things to remember each time you draw this very important feature. It's cool you're illustrating your own stories (must be nice, since you already know in your head what they're supposed to look like! ;) )!

FF

22. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    You'd actually be proud of me!
    I had the shading colored in supposedly well on "Plain Sophia" but it didn't show up on the face ... for some reason... :p
    Ooh! Thanks! [:D]

23. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Sorry I have not come here for a long time.....(I can't load any foreign website in thepast month)
    I really think that you did a good job as you draw the picture in a natural and smooth way.

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thank ya! :D

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Sooo, I drew a pic of Sophia using the eye tutorial that FalconFan sent me, and ... I think it stinks. :p
    The eyes and nose look good, but everything else went downhill.
    'Course I was drawing it pretty dang late at night... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.