main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cover Revamp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Which cover should get a re-work or repainting?

The entire Thrawn Trilogy. It's interesting work, but after the Hand of Thrawn Duo, it's not really good.

2. Mitth-raw-nuruodo

Mitth-raw-nuruodo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    Thrawn Trilogy, but also the Crystal Star.

3. casmeraantilles

casmeraantilles Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2002
    definatly crystal star, but also the corellian trilogy could do with some re-vamping

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    None of them.

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Get Greg Horn to do em, and I say ALL OF THEM!!!!! :D

6. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I think that each one is unique and do not need to be updated or redone for that simple reason.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I'd rather have a paperback of Children of the Jedi with the original hardback cover on it. As that was a unique picture, the replacement on the other hand wasn't so original. Every other cover is fine.

I'd also like to see the Lando Trilogy get individual covers like they did with the Han Solo Trilogy.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Let 'er rip, as they say!

Onslaught . . . cause the cover was largely fuzzy and empty of graphics

Ruin . . . cause that thing is ridiculous for a customs station or Lost Hope freighter

Balance Point . . . cause what we got was murky explosions, mere silhouettes of people, and odd stuff whose representation is not immediately apparent (if anyone dares explain to me what they are, it will prove my point. It shouldn't have to be explained!)

Dark Journey . . . like we haven't seen ubiquitous X-wings on numerous covers before, but we have to get a huge schematic outline of one???

Traitor . . . another Coruscant cityscape image, while sharp and clear, still repetitive. Identical asteroid ships copied from DJ. Oh please! And those damn X-wing/Rebel crests yet again!!

Destiny's Way . . . graphics too sparse

Refugee and Reunion . . . sorry, but not enough details. Waaay too sparse, an odd Jaina depiction, and overall covers too simplistic I'm afraid.

9. RikDuel_of_the_fates

RikDuel_of_the_fates Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    but also the Crystal Star.
    Hey! I like that cover!
    The Thrawn Trilogy, I suppose, but in particular-The droids on the spine of Heir,and pretty much the whole front of The Last Command, except for Luke. He looks okay there.
    Yeah, Dark Tide could use something going on besides just ships. It's not even done from a cool POV like Youll's stuff for X-Wing.
    M.

10. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I think that you people complain too much. EAch cover got what it got b/c of the story. Sure, some could be changed, but I think that each should be accepted as is. Its not like they are ever going to listen to us anyway.

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Dark Tide was pretty good. I liked those covers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.