main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Cowboy Bebop - The Outlaw Sessions

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Penguinator, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Nestor Smithson
    The Rooftops

A faint basso voice gave a commanding (and rude) battlecry, followed by the report of a lone shot. Nestor knew Brother carried a gun with explosive bullets with him; what he didn't know was how potent they were.

Two men were somehow knocked off the roof from the blast, and they plummeted to the alleys below. A further two men seemed to become a fine layer of molecules, and that surprised the aging captain even more.

Ace - who had dropped his guns, belt, and with pants in danger of doing the same - was a green-topped blur, taking down hostiles left and right. Nestor motioned for Vlad to run, as he scrambled for his own pistol to give the lunatic some cover fire.

Lo and behold, there stood Karl and the Spaniard, boarding a newly-arrived craft. Nestor's pistol was up and aimed in seconds, and he fired off three shots, plugging the guards for the craft but missing it's cargo. Damn, he thought, angry that Karl had beaten him again.

"Ace! Vlad! Let's go!" called Nestor, looking about quickly. The nearest building to them was still an eight foot jump away, not to mention the twenty or so feet separating them vertically. At least we're on the higher roof, thought Nestor in an uncharacteristic moment of optimism.

The two others were near enough to see the balding man take a running jump off the rooftop, landing with an awkward roll twenty feet below. Nestor stood, amazed at his aging body, and radioed Hideo and Brother.

"Get to the ship, now! We'll meet you there."

Tag: Elu, Nick, Reynar, Winged

[b]Karl and the Mysterious Employer[/b]
    [i]Private Shuttle[/i]

The two guards slumped out of the ascending ship as the door sealed itself. Karl sighed in relief; he'd hoped that Nestor's prodigious shooting had declined with age. From what it looked like, the misses back on the roof were attributed to adrenaline, not a weak eye.

Karl looked over at Cesar Vargas. "We'll get you to a medic, Mr. Vargas, and then-" The beeping tone of his phone distracted him for a moment. "Excuse me, this will take one second."

The voice on the other end of the line was a deep, throaty baritone, with a refined tone and diction. [i]The Employer,[/i] thought Karl, and his face flushed.

"Mr. Spieluhr - I trust Mr. Vargas is in your keeping. Bring him to the [i]Wolf's Head[/i] immediately." The line went dead. Karl pocketed his phone, and told the pilot of the change in plans. Sitting again, he turned to Cesar.

"Mr. Vargas, I apologize, but there's been a change in plans. We'll get a medic at the [i]Wolf's Head[/i], as my employer wishes to speak with you."

[b]Tag: Sentinel[/b]

[hr]
    [b]The Wanderer[/b]
    [i]The Reinhardt[/i]

"I can't fly to save my life," said the girl, "can you guys?"

The man stepped out of the shadows of the cockpit, a friendly smile on his old face. "I can." He enjoyed entrances like this - a surprise, a smile, a bit of mystery. It was all part of the mask. He hadn't been there when they left - where had he come from?

The "mask", as he called it, was a friendly face that had seen too many winters. Long, gray hair, a thick beard, and one eye. Where the left eye should have been was a strip of cloth, tied beneath a weathered fedora. A long coat completed the image, resting on broad shoulders. A cane was borne in the right hand.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked.

[b]Tag: Moonlight, Randy, DVC, and anyone else I missed[/b]

[hr]
    [b]Dumb Luck[/b]
    [i]The Wolf's Head Battleship[/i]

Kane had managed to get to his ship.

He'd managed to take off.

Then he'd managed to make it off-world.

That was when the [i]Wolf's Head[/i] happened to see a rapidly fleeing ship.

So they decided to bring him in.

[b]Tag: Blubeast[/b]

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Vladimir Chortkov
    Rooftops

Vladimir dropped as soon as Ace had fired the shot. A resounding explosion sounded and two hostiles were catapulted away. Vlad now had one of his guns in his uninjured hand and was firing off shots. He was still on the ground and even as he did so he piled his gear into his bag and ran to the edge of the roof that Nestor had just jumped off.

Vlad threw his bag down the twenty feet and stepped back ten feet. He turned and fired off a shot, but the ship was gone. Vlad called to Ace.

?Hey, you crazy bastard, get over here.?

With three steps, the Russian had thrown himself over the edge of the gap. He soared through the air. For moment he felt weightless. The next roof was coming fast, however and Vladimir readied for the contact. He hit lightly and immediately rolled. He came to his feet and smiled. Vladimir thanked his father for teaching him that, if nothing else.

Tag: Elu and Peng, All

3. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Hideo Higashi

Fire Escape, opposite Club Beeblebrox

The kid had fired a rocket at the rooftop. The kid had fired a rocket at the rooftop. The kid had fired a rocket at the rooftop.

"*&@$%#!" howled Hideo. "You just ****** fired a ****** rocket at the ****** rooftop!"

Chaos erupted.

"You know the brain's a muscle too," muttered Hideo to his young comrade. "And it's your one muscle that's in dire need of a workout."

It wasn't long before Nestor's voice crackled over the radio.

"Grrr," growled Hideo, heaving himself slowly off the ground. "I'm not going to rush anywhere, thank you very much. Hey Brother- help me up."

Tag: Reynar

4. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Cesar Vargas
    Private Shuttle

Cesar nodded, but felt a continually rising tide of suspicion growing inside him at the sudden change of plans. Nevertheless, he needed a medic, as his back wasn't getting any less painful, and he couldn't rest it on the very comfortable looking seat before him.

"How long until we arrive?" he asked.

Tag: Penguinator-176

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Karl Spieluhr / Wolf's Head crew
    The Wolf's Head Battleship

With a glance at his watch, Karl answered the man. "We're just docking now, actually." It continually surprised him at how silent these new shuttles were. The Employer must have spent a fortune on the technology alone.

The doors hissed open, and a medic was already waiting. Cesar Vargas was carefully ushered onto a gurney, where the medic poked and prodded the wounds. "It's not too bad, shouldn't take long. We can patch you up en route to the meeting, but you'll have to check back in with us before you leave, okay?" The man didn't even wait for an answer, and had begun to treat the injuries.

Karl grimaced at the sight of blood. Even a few drops made him queasy. "Sorry for this inconvenience, Mr. Vargas, but my employer is not a man to keep waiting."

The gurney was hastily brought to the lift, and Karl followed it, watching the assassin's personal effects that the medic had removed or pushed aside. By the time they were at the grand gallery, as the employer liked to call it, essentially a giant, panoramic window, Cesar was brought to his feet and handed his briefcase and the odd knife that had been taken off him.

The gallery was luxuriously furnished with two fine sofas, a deep velvet red that contrasted well with the stark matte black of the room. A deep voice called out from a raised dais, upon which sat a mahogany desk. There was little light around the Employer's chair, and what little existed played across his features in such a way that his eyes were dark pools, and no true visage could be made out.

"Welcome to the Wolf's Head, Mr. Vargas. I'm very grateful for your services - thank you." Karl was clutching his hands together behind his back. "And Karl has given you the payment? Excellent. I know this all may seem very strange to you, Mr. Vargas, but I've brought you here for a simple reason: I want to give you a job."

Tag: Sentinel

[b][i]Wolf's Head[/i] Crew[/b]
    [i]Wolf's Head Battleship[/i]

"Unidentified craft, we will flank you on either side, and you will come with us to the Battleship. We're taking you into custody. Resistance will be met with deadly force."

The comm clicked off, and Kane was left with a decision: see what all the fuss was about, or be shot. Things were just going from bad to worse...

Two fighters slipped in on either side of Kane's ship, forcing him to make his decision.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Brother
    Fire Escape, opposite Club Beeblebrox

"*&@$%#!" howled Hideo. "You just ****** fired a ****** rocket at the ****** rooftop!"

"Damn, old man," Brother laughed, amused. "Didn't know you had all that in you. But you gotta love it, right?" he said as chaos ensued.

"You know the brain's a muscle too," muttered Hideo to his young comrade. "And it's your one muscle that's in dire need of a workout."

"Aw, quit bein' a *****," Brother joked.

It wasn't long before Nestor's voice crackled over the radio.

"Grrr,"
    growled Hideo, heaving himself slowly off the ground. "I'm not going to rush anywhere, thank you very much. Hey Brother- help me up."

Brother knelt known and assisted Hideo in lifting his body up. "You know, you're lucky I have such a good conscience to be helping your old *** up, what with all your complaining."

Tag: Winged

7. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Jonathan Kane
    The Relinquished(Kane's ship)

"Dammit!" Kane screamed as he took his hands off the controls, leaving the ship in an ongoing suspended animation, just floating in space. Clinching his fist he pickd up the intercom, his thumb right above the transmit button. If he refused and tried to run they would probably bring him down. This old hunk of junk was good, but she wasn't fast enough to outrun brand new fighters. If he did go with them, he would be at their mercy, something he didn't want to deal with right now. The travelling lanes that led to the nearest planet would be a good haven right now. If he could hold them off long enough with talk to just get within range of the of the lanes, they would have no choice but to back off or risk being attacked by the Planet's offworld security force.

He made a slight change in diection, just enough to aim to the nearest lane, but not enough for them to think he was planning anything, or at least he hoped, and pressed the transmit button. "This is Jonathan Kane, bounty hunter, "He reached over and cut his engines off. If this was going to work he needed full engine power for a blast off towards the planet. "How are you fellas doin?"

Tag: Peng

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Pilots
    In Orbit Around Mars

The two pilots could see each other easily through their viewports. They exchanged bemused looks, and on a private channel exchanged a few words.

"Let's give him one more chance, scare him a little."

"Roger that," came the reply, then on the main frequency, "Unidentified ship, we are arming weapons systems."

Rockets whined into place, though the sound was lost in the inky blackness. "Come with us."

Tag: Blubeast

OOC: As to all you people on the Reinhardt, there is still the matter of the mysterious fellow onboard...shall you investigate?

9. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Syd Derringer
    The Reinhardt

Syd was about to volunteer his own services, but then he realized that these yahoos probably didn't trust him enough to fly their ship. He didn't know these people; pretty much all he was sure about was that they hadn't made the best first impression, what with their flashbanging Syd to temporary blindness and then one of them kicking him while he was down.

He couldn't help flinching when the stranger appeared from out of nowhere, and his eyebrows scrunched together as he frowned. "Y'all know this guy?" Syd asked, glancing over his shoulder at the nearest crewmember.

TAG: Peng, Moonlight, DVC, whoever else is there

10. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Kitty Larme
    The Reinhardt.

Kitty?s mood was quickly spiralling down the drain. She eyed the man warily searching for his face all over her memory, her hand deep into her jacket?s pocket, clutching an all too familiar and comforting handle tightly.

"Y'all know this guy?"

Kitty?s sharp eyes scanned the old man once more, distrust clearly dancing in them; they were in no position, mood or condition to endure yet another little ?prank? and walk out. Her eyes hardened slightly, half annoyed half curious. She shook her head ?no? once.

Nevertheless, curiosity is a very strong human trait, and it got the better of her.

?Who are you?? she asked finally, suspicious.

Yes, it was a lame question to ask in such a situation, and after all her pondering, but hey, one was never overly cautious. Besides, she really needed to keep her curiosity at bay, if only slightly.

After all, curiosity killed the cat.

Tag: Penguinator, Randy, DVC, and whoever I forgot, along with an apology for forgetting you :p

11. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    The Wolf's Head Battleship

Cesar took a seat on one of the luxuriously furnished sofas in the capacious room, struggling with the pain of lowering his injured back. Apparently the bullet from earlier had done more damage than he had realized, but nevertheless, he had a business opportunity before him. After all, money heals all wounds.

"I'm listening," he said.

12. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Jonathan Kane
    The Relinquished

Kane's thumb began to shake alittle before he made himself stop. He wasn't willing to go with them, but getting killed wasn't part of the plan either. He looked out of his viewport towards the planet's traffic lanes. They were getting closer, but not at the speed he had hoped for when he had first thought of this plan. There wasn't going to be much stalling any longer. Either they were in a rush, or he had pissed them off and they had decided that they weren't going to play the fools in this tune anymore. He didn't really have another plan, so this one was going to be it. He refused to be taken into captive again, it wasn't really his style.

Switching on the main frequency once more, he sighed, shaking his head. "Nah, I think I will swing to my own beat if you don't mind. Plus, my mommy told me never to go with strangers." before he had even finished, he was calculating how many hits his ship could take before complete shutdown, or total destruction. Not much. Any other ship might take 2 shots to bring down, and that was if they were lucky, a shot to his ship would bring her down, but it was a gamble he was willing to take for freedom.

He turned the engines back on with a flick, thinking he might have a better shot if his ship was back in motion by itself. Waiting a 2 second interval, one that could have been filled with explosions, he punched the ship's accelerator, leaving the place he had just been empty except for gas fumes. His ship wasn't fast, but Kane knew that and outrunning them wasn't the plan. All he had to do was make it to the traffic lanes before they did, and since his ship was closer to it already than their's, he had a shot at it and it was one he was willing to take.

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Employer
    The Wolf's Head

A faint smile played across the man's darkened features. "An excellent choice, Mr. Vargas."

The Employer stood behind his desk, revealing his great stature. Broad shoulders on top of a very fit frame - he wasn't the titan that Barnaby's personal bodyguard was; this man looked built for speed and strength. He lifted a remote from his desk, clicked it, and set it back down.

Screens slid down the interior of the windows, blacking out the room, save for two lone lamps that snapped on by the Employer's desk. A hidden projector splashed light and colour onto the now-dark windows.

Diagrams of a massive machine flickered across it. They were inconsequential; at least for the time being. A map popped up, marking certain co-ordinates in the space between Earth and Mars. The screen zoomed in low over Mars, rotating on it's poles. Off like a shot, the next screen was of Venus.

"There is a contact of mine on Venus, specifically in Cloud Nine City. You will meet him at the Skylark Lounge. The reservation is under the codename 'Surtur'. He'll explain the rest once you've done this."

The Employer didn't wait for an answer, and elected to continue his spiel. "We'll provide with the ship of your choice, unless you'd prefer your own transport. Either way, I expect you back here in three standard days. Clear?"

[b]Pilots[/b]
    [i]In Pursuit[/i]

Then the ship was off like a shot, soaring back towards Mars. One of the pilots reached for the trigger, planning to fire a salvo of rockets - only to realize that he'd somehow lost the lock. "Damn it, Jim, he's clear! I haven't got a lock!"

The other pilot cursed and set off after the fleeing craft. "Call for backup!"

As they streaked after the renegade ship, three other fighters fell in next to them. This would not be easy for Jonathan Kane.

[hr]
    [b]The Wanderer[/b]
    [i]The Reinhardt[/i]

Syd asked if they new him. Kitty reached for a weapon. Everyone else went silent. The old man smiled. "You don't know me, but I was hoping to talk with you, all of you. Who's the captain here?"

No one answered. "I see. Well, while we wait for your captain, let's get acquainted. I've got a lot of names, but you can call me Wednesday. Wednesday W. Otan works too, so does Mr. Otan, it's up to you."

He looked about for a seat. "Do you mind if I sit? No? Excellent! I know it's odd to just have some unannounced face show up on your ship, but I just need ten minutes of your time. Maybe twenty."

[b]Tag: Hammurabi, DVC, Randy, Moonlights, anyone else I missed[/b]

OOC: Update for the group on the run coming tomorrow.

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    OOC: Peng, how far would you say the planet's traffic lanes are from where I am?

IC: Jonathan Kane
    The Relinquished

"Dammit, these guys got friends."

Kane didn't know why he was surprised by the sight of three mores ships coming up on the radar at the same time his viewport glass showed him the reflection on each side of him, with the other one right behind him. He was outnumbered, that factor hadn't changed, but he still had the hand of being further ahead and closer to his goal than they were, unfortunately, he didn't know how long this factor would stay the same. Ole girl was out in the lead, but, one, he had no idea how long her engines could hold up with this speed, and second, he didn't know how fast their ships could go.

Yeah, he was in it deep.

He didn't even know if he would be able to fight them with the guns he had aboard, that was another factor that could possibly stop the engines or lessen his speed, which both could cause a quick, explosive death. He shook his head, more in disappointment than frustration. He was determined not to get captured, but now it looked like that was exactly where he was headed if his current plan went sour.

Get a grip, Kane, he whispered to himself as he wiped the beads of sweat that had started to appear on his forehead and clinched his fist. There was another way, there had to be. He just needed to find it fast. He was nearing the lanes at good speed, but he needed to put some space between him and these persistent bastards. He looked at the reflection on his viewport to see the ship on his right, but a cloud of smoke from the ship's exhaust had clouded his field of vision.

"Damn, its like all you do is give off fumes." Kane glided the ship in a long rounded left and pulled back, pulling the ship sharply upward, but not as sharp as he would have liked. More exhaust poured out, this time heavily, as he tried to put on a complex show of movements that were pushing his ship's limits. "Come on baby, alittle more."

15. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    The Wolf's Head

Cesar slowly stood up from the sofa upon which he sat, the pain in his back slowly beginning to ease its grip upon his nerves (he assumed the medicine that the doctor had given him was starting to finally kick in). His frame and the body of the employer were both very similar, and thus Cesar neither had to look up nor down to meet the eyes of his companion.

"I understand," he said, reaching out his hand for a shake.

16. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Jay Spader
    Aboard the Ship

Spader turned away from Syd, against whom his small pistol was still pressed against, and pointed the weapon at the sitting old man instead.

"Look thur...Dubya...Min' if I call ya tha' Dubya? I don' car' really an'how so it don' matta a sin'le bit. We on ou' way to pick ou' capt'n up as we spe'k, so if'n ya'll jus' sit tight, I won' shoot ya. Soun' good?"

He turned to the group, the so called Bounty Hunters, but kept his gun trained on the man.

"Ok. Any'un tha' c'n fly wou' be much obliged to star' doin' so."

He hoped someone could fly.

Tag: All

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Nick, I hope you don't mind me NPCing Vlad just to catch Ace's belt and handing it back to him.

Ace Kinner IC:
    Location ~Roof Tops

Ace continued his hand-to-hand rampage as chaos continued to rain upon the roof of the building. He felt a bullet very lightly graze his left cheek, but it wasn't enough to faze him. Not until he heard the one known as Vlad yell at him did he slow down his fighting. Nestor had already escaped the roof and just as Ace kicked another baddy guy and began backing off, he noticed Vlad jumping to another roof and pretty much escaping.

Ace quickly weaved and dodged to his belt of grenades and yelled out a wordless yell to his new teammate, catching his attention. He tossed him the belt and watched him catch it. Ace beamed and then prepared to run and jump...however, as he did so, a brief pain shot through his right hip and an odd, warming sensation spread there. Not much, but a little.

Ace ignored this after an initial grunt, ran as hard as he could, and jumped despite now bleeding from his hip. With a final roll to a standing position like he watched Vlad do, he was over.

He took his belt and put it back on without a smile before looking down at his right hip. It wasn't a graze, but it wasn't a direct hit either. In between the two, kind of like a clip. Yes, that's what he'd call it. He had been clipped. It dug out more than just a graze. Clipped! But he wasn't no dog! And dogs don't get their hips clipped.

Stupid baddy guys...

He gave a blank look to Vlad and Nestor. "To the ship, huh?"

As soon as they got moving, so did he, though he would limp a little.

Tag: Vlad & Nestor

18. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Syd Derringer
    The Reinhardt

The Cowboy from Titan stared at the old man for a moment, looked over at Kitty, then at the old man again, then at the rest of the group who seemed to have semi-kidnapped him, then at the old man again.

He shrugged.

"What the heck," he said to Wednesday. "This ain't my boat, but I guess I wouldn't mind hearin' yer story, Mr. Dubya. Seems I ain't got nothin' but time at the moment."

TAG: Peng, Reinhardt people

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Better late than never. Blubeast, you are five hundred clicks from the traffic lanes.

Nestor / Mr. W
    The Rooftops / The Reinhardt

"Yes," sighed Nestor, "to the ship."

They were out of frying pan for the moment, but it would remain to be seen if they'd landed in the fire. Nestor led the way quickly, ushering the others to keep up when the fell behind. He noticed the ship still sitting in it's place, and a surge of anger shot through him Why didn't they get it off the ground?

By the time they got back to the ship, Nestor was tired, aching, and in need of a good meal. He'd set up his auto-pilot program, get the ship off-planet, shower, and then fall asleep listening to Django.

He nearly had a fit when he came to the bridge. "What the hell is going on?"

Another new face spoke in reply. "I was just about to tell me story to these folk, Captain Smithson."

Nestor managed to keep his expletives to himself. "You know what, I don't care. I want to go to sleep. Everyone, out. Go relax whatever way you want to, just wait for me and keep this fellow busy."

Mr. W smiled. He liked being busy.

Nestor checked the radios. "Brother, Hideo, you still alive?"

Mr. W lead the way to the living room. "This is nice, I like this ship. You still want to hear my story?"

Tag: All aboard the Reinhardt, Reynar and Winged

[b]The Employer / Karl[/b]
    [i]The Wolf's Head[/i]

The Employer shook his new acolyte's hand.

"Time's running out, Mr. Vargas. Karl will show you back to his ship. Remember, Surtur."

Karl motioned for Vargas to follow. When they were out of the room, he sighed in relief. "That wasn't the best meeting I've seen. He hasn't killed you, so that means he still needs you."

[b]Tag: Sentinel[/b]

[hr]
    [b]Gunships[/b]
    [i]Mars[/i]

"Do not fire! I say again, do not fire, we've already screwed this up."

The chase in the city would be bitter, indeed, but little did Jonathan Kane know, he had luck on his side.

And luck right now was taking things in a very different way than it normally did.

20. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    The Wolf's Head

"¿Qué?" Cesar responded to Karl's words of relief. What did he mean, 'He hasn't killed you yet'? "When exactly were you going to tell me that that man plans to kill me, eh?" Cesar's words became cold and demanding. "You weren't exactly clear on that when we were on our way here, amigo."

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Karl Spieluhr
    The Wolf's Head

Karl frowned. "He's using us all. The minute he's done with us, the minute we stop being useful, the order is given. Why do you think he wanted Barnaby dead?"

He let that sink in before continuing. "He has plans, big plans, and Barnaby mucked them up. That ship Barnaby destroyed wasn't exactly a clean job. The authorities had clued into something, and Barnaby had to clean it up."

Karl sighed. "But he took it too far, when the Agent came snooping around."

22. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Jonathan Kane
    The Relinquished

"Eat that!" He said as he began to get closer, about 498 clicks to be exact to the the planet's traffic lanes. Once in there, it would be hard for them to chase him, but also hard for him to get away. He would probably have to float for alittle while and blend in, but whatever would work, he would do. They seemed to have decided not to blow him the hell up, which he was quite surprised and happy about at the same time. He had thought from the beginning that they wouldn't kill him for they had just wanted him to come with them for no apparent reason, to him. They had a reason, he just didn't know what it was, but whatever it was, it had kept them from killing him.

He slowed down the maneuvers, they didn't really have purpose now that they weren't firing, but kept them going at a lower velocity to preserve fuel. He was now within 450 clicks of the lanes, but still had a considerable amount to go. It would appear that he had rolled the dice and that Lady Luck had come for alittle Midnight Lovin with ole Jonny. He smiled and even though he was being chased down, started to sing "I'm leavin! On a Midnight Train to Georgia!!"

23. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Spader

Spader lowered his gun, and moved close to Nestor, whispering in his ear.

"Look, I doubt tha' t'is 'crew'...'n I use tha' term loosely...Know's how fa' up ****crick we ar' righ' now. 'N' per'nally I'd lik' ta keep wha' paddles we do have. Dem Red's 'r' gonna be gunnin fo' us, let's pop t'is Dubya guy 'n' get spacewa'd."

Tag: Peng.

24. Sentinel-825

Jun 17, 2007
    The Wolf's Head

Cesar frowned, his eyebrows narrowing as creases in his skin formed across his forehead. What he thought was a simple hit had apparently turned out to be much more than that, and a lot less linear than he would have preferred. He didn't like what he had been told.

"I'm not going to wait for this pendejo to make a move against me," he told Karl hoarsely.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Session 2 - Golden Years

[b]Karl Spieluhr[/b]
    [i]The Wolf's Head[/i]

Karl smiled. "That's not a bad plan. The minute he has no work for you, get out of here as fast as you can."

He turned, continuing on down the corridor. "Come on, we'll get you your ship."

An elevator ride later, they were in a large hangar, with many high-quality and sporty ships, some sleek and stealthy, some weapons-laden, others more understated, designed to be inconspicuous.

"Take your pick."
    [b]Tag: Sentinel (I leave it up to you to describe the ship you've chosen - have fun with it!)[/b]

[hr]
    [b]Nestor / Mr. W[/b]
    [i]The Reinhardt[/i]

"Well, if you're so inclined, Mr. Spader..." said the wanderer with a hint of disappointment. "But if you do that, then you'll never get a hold of the info I have."

Nestor's eyebrows shot upwards.

"Information about the bigger fish that's had Barnaby killed."

[b]Tag: All[/b]

[hr]
    [b]Chance[/b]
    [i]Traffic Lanes to Mars[/i]

And then there it was. Kane was off, scot-free. The pilots made an about face, returning to the cruiser in space, which itself became lost in the black around Mars.

Kane couldn't believe his luck. He'd made it out alive, away from some conspiracy...and that gave him ideas. Ideas and a thirst for money.

[hr]
    [b]Chance[/b]
    [i]The Rooftops[/i]

The unlikely duo of Hideo Higahsi and Augustus Dourden III made their slow way back to the ship. The mission had been a failure, but at least they got to vent on their aggressors a bit. The silence desperately needed to be broken, and both resolved to say something, anything, to start a conversation.

[b]Tag: Winged, Reynar[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.