main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Cowboy Vader?!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    If anyone works downtown, you've just got to see this display. There are several Stampede displays in the Encor building - 645-7th Ave Sw (right on the C-Train line). If you head towards the even the Stampede!

There is a display featuring Lord Vader, Yoda and a cowboy (who looks a little too much like Ronald Reagan). The Yoda is fairly basic - someone had a Yoda mask and simply placed it on a box and then covered it with material to make it look like a body was underneath. Lord Vader's outfit is pretty good - black cape, authentic mask, black cowboy boots [face_laugh] ...
    The best part is that they've recorded all of Vader's lines from A New Hope and hooked up a speaker to transmit them out loud. So Vader's spouting lines and the cowboy is also talking, and they way they've cobbled their lines together makes it sound like an old gunslinger showdown - absolutely hilarious!
    The display is put on by Forrest Oil and is called, 'New West meets Old West - you ain't from around here, are you?'

It's just so funny! I stood there for like, 15 mins absolutely entranced and laughing so hard, the security guys at the front desk looked ready to take me out.
    You've just got to see it!

2. Dyrra_Delwynn

Dyrra_Delwynn Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    There's a picture painted on the window of Nellie's on 4th street, and it has Darth Vader on a bucking horse and it says "May The Stampede Be With You".
    I'm going to have to check out that downtown one though; that sounds awesome [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.